P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 02-11-04, 05:32 AM   #1
RoBoBoy

Default World Virtual Vote Results

John Kerry Storms to Victory in Virtual Vote
Mon Nov 1, 7:52 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - The virtual vote is in -- Democratic challenger John Kerry has won a landslide victory over President Bush in a global sample of the world's opinion on the race for the White House.

More than 113,000 people from 119 countries made their choice at www.globalvote2004.org, handing Kerry a crushing win with 77 percent of the vote, a spokesman for the Web site said on Monday.
But there was consolation for Bush from what many would see as an unlikely source: the majority of virtual votes submitted from Iraq went to the incumbent.

The results of the non-official vote were released a day before Americans go to the polls in the real election.
Opinion polls in the United States predict a dead heat between Bush and Kerry on Tuesday, but surfers who had their say at Globalvote leaned strongly toward the challenger.

Third party candidates, including independent Ralph Nader, took nearly 14 percent of the vote, while Bush garnered a mere nine percent.

"Iraq was one of the few countries where Bush actually won and the Middle East voted 37 percent for Bush compared to a world average of 9.1 percent," the Web site spokesman said.

"We're not trying to tell Americans how to vote, we're just giving them feedback from the rest of the world. The outcome of the real vote affects non-US citizens enormously in the post-9/11 age," he added.

Globalvote is a non-partisan, London-based site and not sponsored by any political party, its creators said.
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04, 06:08 AM   #2
RoBoBoy

Default "Let me tell you a short story"

Quote:
When I was in elementary school, the school was plagued by a bully. He was the biggest, strongest kid around and would beat up anyone he didn't like. We were all exceedingly polite to his face, but hated his guts behind his back. One day he was chasing some poor kid and he tripped and skidded a considerable distance, scraping his face on the rough asphalt of the playground. He was bleeding and in pain, screaming for help. But nobody came to help him. We all just walked away. George Bush is the world's playground bully. The world sees him--and by inference, America--as arrogant, self-centered, and mean. I spoke to Americans from dozens of countries at the DA caucus. Everyone told the same story--the world hates America. When talking to foreigners, I can tell them about the Bill of Rights or freedom or World War II, or whatever I want, but all they see is this big, stupid, arrogant, playground bully and a stolen election in Florida last time. I think America deserves better. I want America to be respected in the world again, and John Kerry can restore the respect America deserves.
http://www.electoral-vote5.com/info/votemaster-faq.html
Old 02-11-04, 06:47 AM   #3
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Default Bush?

Please,don't think that RoBoBoy.
I love the American people.
As for your government,that's a different story.
The way I see it,
is that your government,
Looks after big business before it's people.
Big business only looks after itself.
Old 02-11-04, 07:21 AM   #4
jcat
Mooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat
Please,don't think that RoBoBoy.
I love the American people.
As for your government,that's a different story.
The way I see it,
is that your government,
Looks after big business before it's people.
Big business only looks after itself.

totally agree
jcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04, 08:56 AM   #5
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

US poll results are missing from Global Vote's page. I imagine that if it was there, and it showed a drastic majority for Kerry while respected pollsters show the candidates tied then that would put the spotlight on Global Vote's inherent flaws.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04, 09:49 AM   #6
RoBoBoy

My views are, that most of the world is now frowning on the USA. And those expressions are a reflection of their feelings about our leadership and not the citizens it governs.

It's our government that screwed things up, not the people. Unless, of course, the people are to blame for voting GWB into office. I doubt that ever happening.

That's why it's so important to correct the wrong we did in 2000.

And BTW, I just did my part, standing an hour in the rain to vote against GWB.