P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 24-10-04, 05:45 AM   #1
esteeaz
The First Napsterite

Nut hey did you see john.......

john stewart on crossfire- priceless and sooooooooo funny. those guys ARE dicks, they act like the daily show is real news- they should really re-discover news from parody- i mean get a fucking clue. johns not on CNN hes on fucking comedy central but apparently they really think he has an impact on the news world- priceless ahahahhhahahhahha ahahahahah!!!!!!
"We have two million people in jail. Our country doesn't build hospitals, doesn't build schools and doesn't build day-care centers. It builds prisons. This is not the hallmark of a free society, but of a police state." -Steven Hager, High Times Editor-in-Chief
hot or not.com...
got space?....
esteeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-04, 06:13 AM   #2
RoBoBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteeaz
they really think he has an impact on the news world
Actually, he does and they, comedians, do have an impact of the news.

I saw a clip recently on CNN and read in a paper where young voters, between 18 and 35 are heavily influenced by the political news the popular comedians air.

Actually, I'm one of the one's influenced. They may air it in a humorous manner, which is their job but it doesn't make the information any less credible than so-called serious news reported by Dan Rather or Bill O'Reilly.
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-04, 07:00 AM   #3
multi
Thanks for being with arse

he is getting interviewed on the US 60minute program
i doubt if we will get it over here..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-04, 07:21 AM   #4
RoBoBoy

He made the point of holding them responsible for bias and partisan politics. If all journalists hammered the politicians candidly, the way Stewart hammered Begala and Carlson we might have more truthful political advertising.

The Crossfire footage is available on P2P's. I didn't get to see it live but downloaded it. It's worth downloading if you haven't seen it.
RoBoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-04, 08:18 AM   #5
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

theknife found a link to a streaming version of the interview and posted it here.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-04, 08:36 AM   #6
multi

i read the transcript of the crossfire one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingboing
To do Sunday part 2: Jon "I'm not your Monkey" Stewart on 60 Minutes
Xeni Jardin: Before his now-legendary CNN "Crossfire" appearance, Jon Stewart sat down for an interview with 60 Minutes Correspondent Steve Kroft to discuss his gripes with cable news in America. Kroft's profile of the Comedy Central "Daily Show" host airs this Sunday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. ET/PT. Link=
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in650690.shtml

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 24-10-04 at 08:46 AM.
Old 26-10-04, 01:34 AM   #7
esteeaz
The First Napsterite

Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoBoy
Actually, he does and they, comedians, do have an impact of the news.

I saw a clip recently on CNN and read in a paper where young voters, between 18 and 35 are heavily influenced by the political news the popular comedians air.

Actually, I'm one of the one's influenced. They may air it in a humorous manner, which is their job but it doesn't make the information any less credible than so-called serious news reported by Dan Rather or Bill O'Reilly.
actually what john stewart and other comedians do is take a news story and spin it for comedy purposes. not all of johns stories are fact in the end- nor do i expect them to be. yes it is awsome to see people take stories and poke em but most people - im sure know the difference. for people to take john stewarts stories or any comedians story and compare it seriously to CNN or any other credible station(and im using that loosely-fox) and actually try to throw it in there face is extremelly laughable. yes comedians have impact- usually with a demographic between 18-35 but as far as world news and politics, they are not in the same league- so one shouldnt compare them as such. plus i really just hate those pricks on crossfire ahahahahahahahahah!!!!! well theres like 2 cents worth
"We have two million people in jail. Our country doesn't build hospitals, doesn't build schools and doesn't build day-care centers. It builds prisons. This is not the hallmark of a free society, but of a police state." -Steven Hager, High Times Editor-in-Chief
hot or not.com...
got space?....
esteeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 12:58 PM   #8
multi

Arrow

CNN said goodbye to pundit Tucker Carlson on Wednesday, and with him likely the "Crossfire" program that has been the granddaddy of high-volume political debate shows on cable television.

CNN will probably fold "Crossfire" into its other programming, perhaps as an occasional segment on the daytime show "Inside Politics," said Jonathan Klein, who was appointed in late November as chief executive of CNN's U.S. network.

Klein on Wednesday told Carlson, one of the four "Crossfire" hosts, that CNN would not be offering him a new contract. Carlson has reportedly been talking with MSNBC about a prime-time opening replacing Deborah Norville.

Carlson did not immediately return a call to his cell phone for comment.

The bow-tied wearing conservative pundit got into a public tussle last fall with comic Jon Stewart, who has been critical of cable political programs that devolve into shoutfests.

"I guess I come down more firmly in the Jon Stewart camp," Klein told The Associated Press.

He said all of the cable networks, including CNN, have overdosed on programming devoted to arguing over issues. Klein said he wants more substantive programming that is still compelling.

"I doubt that when the president sits down with his advisers they scream at him to bring him up to date on all of the issues," he said. "I don't know why we don't treat the audience with the same respect."

"Crossfire" began in 1982 and was once a mainstay of CNN's prime time. more

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 08-01-05, 07:08 PM   #9
Nicobie

L o L's esteeze