P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 29-09-04, 10:43 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default The Cheney Waffle

Kerry gets all the credit for whipping up the biggest batch of waffles this campaign season, but certainly Vice Prez Cheney gets special mention for this one from 1992:

Quote:
"And the question in my mind is how many additional American casualties is Saddam worth?" Cheney said then in response to a question.

"And the answer is not very damned many. So I think we got it right, both when we decided to expel him from Kuwait, but also when the president made the decision that we'd achieved our objectives and we were not going to go get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over and govern Iraq."
so, Dick, are you saying the benefits of invading Iraq do not outweigh the costs? gee, what kind of problems would you associate with the invasion and occupation of Iraq?

Quote:
"All of a sudden you've got a battle you're fighting in a major built-up city, a lot of civilians are around, significant limitations on our ability to use our most effective technologies and techniques," Cheney said.

"Once we had rounded him up and gotten rid of his government, then the question is what do you put in its place? You know, you then have accepted the responsibility for governing Iraq."
hmmm - makes sense to me....and you say you could foresee problems governing Iraq?

Quote:
"Now what kind of government are you going to establish? Is it going to be a Kurdish government, or a Shi'ia government, or a Sunni government, or maybe a government based on the old Baathist Party, or some mixture thereof? You will have, I think by that time, lost the support of the Arab coalition that was so crucial to our operations over there."
yeah, i see how that could happen, Dick.

Quote:
The end result, Cheney said ... would be a messy, dangerous situation requiring a long-term presence by U.S. forces.
what, no dancing in the streets of Bagdhad? no US troops being greeted as liberators? no miraculous free-market democracy springing from the ashes?

well then, Dick, perhaps invading Iraq isn't such a good idea, is it?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation..._cheney29.html
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-04, 10:55 PM   #2
JackSpratts

cheney's an amoral mouthpeice, whoring for what ever republicans's in power.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 06:26 PM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off

Why are you pretending to talk to someone who isn't here?

Are you stoned?
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 08:48 PM   #4
multi
Thanks for being with arse

there is no one else here only you...
you are all that matters..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote