P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 23-06-04, 11:37 AM   #1
Sinner
--------------------

Default Deadly Lies and Fantasies

IRAQ: Deadly Lies and Fantasies

June 23, 2004: It's becoming clear why Arab countries have a hard time establishing democracies. In Iraq, a large portion of the population follows a very different reality than actually exists. This makes it difficult for any government to make decisions on the basis of facts. Instead, many imaginary items have to be dealt with. For example, before Saddam was overthrown, many Iraqis believed that all their woes were the result of foreign plots and conspiracies, as well as Saddams greedy and vicious rule. After Saddam was toppled, many Iraqis expected everything to magically get better immediately. American civil affairs troops were perplexed at this attitude, and still have a hard time dealing with it. As a result of that attitude, still widely held, many Iraqis believe America is needlessly punishing Iraq for some mysterious reasons. Iraqi-Americans, acting as translators for civil affairs units, could only shrug their shoulders when asked to explain these attitudes. Arabs who immigrate to the West quickly adapt to the local logic, but still maintain their ability to deal with the very flexible reality practiced back home. While the United States recognizes belief in UFOs and secret committees (Jewish, WASP or Bavarian) that actually control the world, as fringe opinions, not to be taken seriously, in the Arab world, such "fringe thinking" is much more mainstream. Arab rulers have to deal with this, even though they can meet with Western counterparts, shrug their shoulders and quip, "that's what my people believe and I have to deal with it."

The prevalence of fantasy, as an alternative to reality, in Iraq is aided by foreign opponents to the overthrow of Saddam by American invasion. While many countries in the Middle East and Europe were glad to see Saddam go, they did not like seeing it done via American troops. As a result, the Arab and European media demonize anything American troops do in Iraq, and feed this biased coverage back to Iraqis who accept it as fact. In the long run, Iraqis will look back on those al Jazeera screeds and say, "how silly, how could anyone believe such foolishness?" But it's 2004, not 2014, and most Iraqis do believe that American troops are spending most of their time committing atrocities and doing nothing to protect Iraqis from terrorists and criminals.

Yet American troops and Iraqi police can still work together, right next to Iraqis holding newspapers full of stories denying such cooperation exists. American troops get used to to going through neighborhoods where they always get friendly waves, except on the day after Al Jazeera ran some fantasy about imagined American atrocities, when all the troops get are angry stares. The next day, the smiles are back. But on the day after al Jazeera, or even a local newspaper, has run with some imaginative lies, some Iraqis can go beyond hard stares, and go up on the roof and open up with an AK-47. Usually, these guys don't hit anything. But often, American troops fire back with much more deadly effect. The bereaved family, of course, blames the Americans.

So, in addition to the terrorists, Baath Party diehards and plain old gangsters, American troops have to deal with popular alternate realities. Like the civil affairs people, most troops quickly adapt. Iraqi inability to face the world as logically as Americans is just another problem, like clearing out the roadside bombs and snipers before you move through a town. But lies are weapons, often deadly weapons, and American soldiers die because of them.

Why It Is Not a Good Idea to Fire an RPG from the Middle of the Road – Warning Graphic

http://www.webmutants.com/strategypage/rpg_attack.wmv

Video shows a hostile Iraqi about to fire an RPG at American troops, until a G.I. gets him first with a burst from an M-249 5.56mm squad machine-gun.
Old 24-06-04, 01:22 AM   #2
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

wonder why we dont see this stuff on abcnnbcbs

here is a good one... http://www.moneysense.ca/news/showne..._reuters_ressf

Quote:
Douglas McCorkindale, Chairman and CEO of Gannett said the problems that have plagued his rivals are not pervasive. "The newspaper industry operates in an straightforward and ethical manner," he said. The media is "blowing it out of proportion ... there is no circulation scandal."
btw he is the media.

as he waves his hand in front of our faces like a jedi , and says., there is no scandal.
just like your story says there is no co-operation.

Quote:
Yet American troops and Iraqi police can still work together, right next to Iraqis holding newspapers full of stories denying such cooperation exists.
Then my question is, do you still believe the offcial "mainstream media" version of 9/11/2001?
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-04, 08:21 AM   #3
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian slip
Then my question is, do you still believe the offcial "mainstream media" version of 9/11/2001?

Still? Did I ever? I could take the nihilistic approach to history I guess, "There are no facts, only interpretations."......
Old 24-06-04, 04:04 PM   #4
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

What do you think happened on 9/11? What is your theory/hypothesis/interpretation?
Old 25-06-04, 11:54 AM   #5
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
What do you think happened on 9/11? What is your theory/hypothesis/interpretation?

Opening a can of worms......What happened you ask, well close to 3000 people lost there lives, that is what happened. Don't ask what, ask why and how?

I will be brief and even use one of your fav sites as info.....

To quote...On the day of the 9-11 attacks, former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was asked what the attack would mean for US-Israeli relations. His quick reply was: "It's very good…….Well, it's not good, but it will generate immediate sympathy (for Israel)"

It doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to connect the dots of the dancing Israeli Mossad agents - here's the most logical scenario:

1. The Israeli “movers” cheered the 9-11 attacks to celebrate the successful accomplishment of the greatest spy operation ever pulled off in history.

2. One of them, or an accomplice, then calls a 9-1-1 police dispatcher to report Palestinian bomb-makers in a white van headed for the Holland Tunnel.

3. Having thus pre-framed the Palestinians with this phone call, the Israeli bombers then head for the George Washington Bridge instead, where they will drop off their time-bomb van and escape with Urban Moving accomplices.

4. But the police react very wisely and proactively by closing off ALL bridges and tunnels instead of just the Holland Tunnel. This move inadvertently foils the Israelis’ misdirection play and leads to their own capture and 40 day torture.

5. To cover up this story, the U.S. Justice Department rounds up over 1000 Arabs for minor immigration violations and places them in New York area jails. The Israelis therefore become less conspicuous as the government and media can now claim that the Israelis were just immigration violators caught in the same dragnet as many other Arabs.

6. After several months, FBI and Justice Department “higher-ups” are able to gradually push aside the local FBI agents and free the Israelis quietly.

The US government immediately attributed Osama bin Laden to the 9/11 attacks even though he had no previous record of doing anything on this scale. Immediately after the Flight 77 hit WTC 1 CIA Director George Tenet said "You know, this has bin Laden's fingerprints all over it." (23)

The compliant mainstream media completely ignored the Israeli connection. Immediately following the 9-11 attacks, the media was filled with stories linking the attacks to bin Laden. TV talking-heads, “experts”, and scribblers of every stripe spoon-fed a gullible American public a steady diet of the most outrageous propaganda imaginable.

We were told that the reason bin Laden attacked the USA was because he hates our “freedom” and “democracy”. The Muslims were “medieval” and they wanted to destroy us because they envied our wealth, were still bitter about the Crusades, and were offended by Britney Spears shaking her tits and ass all over the place!

But bin Laden strongly denied any role in the attacks and suggested that Zionists orchestrated the 9-11 attacks. The BBC published bin Laden's statement of denial in which he said: Cont... here http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html

"By way of deception, thou shalt do war"
Motto of the Mossad
Old 26-06-04, 12:21 PM   #6
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Do ya think that they are behind the abu graib torture pics?

http://www.counterpunch.org/abughraib05242004.html
Attached Images

Old 29-06-04, 07:41 PM   #7
Squid
fish tacos ftw

Quote:
Do ya think that they are behind the abu graib torture pics?

http://www.counterpunch.org/abughraib05242004.html
hi2u photoshop. oh and sinner you're theory is quite entertaining, ever thing of writing movies? or books? you would make an excellent fiction writer.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-04, 01:17 AM   #8
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Quote:
if i showed you a video tape of osama killing your mother would you still think it's fake?
remember that one squid?

Quote:
hi2u photoshop
its photochop when it suits you but its real if the gumment says so LOL!

I would like to hear your version of what happened on 9-11.

Remember when Osama said he diddn't do it (link) and then the Taliban said we will turn him over if you show us some proof? We never saw the proof did we. Blair said Bush showed him the proof and it was a matter of National Security(which is true because the nation would become unsecure and riot). Then we invaded and the poppies grow once again. Just like the Iran Contra (conspiracy) drugs=money.

Ever heard of Emmanuel Goldstien?

Oh yeah you are probably saying, What about the Video confession?
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/osamatape.html
Attached Images