P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 09-06-04, 02:46 PM   #1
pisser
Guv

Cry It just cracks me up......

how when I read the morning paper (L.A. Times - liberal),
these liberal people hope that gas prices are raised to $3 to $4 a gallon "to punish the SUV owners, and make them buy a more fuel efficient vehicle", and these idiots don't realize that if gas were $3 - $4 a gallon, the only ones making out would be the Oil companies, i.e. Bush cronies.

So they seem to be supporting Big Oil and Bush!!!

Talk about Irony!
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 03:00 PM   #2
Sinner
--------------------

I don't think it will stop people from driving SUV's, Here in Canada we are paying $3.45 a gallon, (at least where I am) There are a lot of SUV's still on the road......
Old 09-06-04, 03:02 PM   #3
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

Won't stop me.
Old 10-06-04, 05:08 AM   #4
Heathcliff
One half won't do

Link please....so we can make our own interpretation.

Also I think it is missing the point, since we are near Peak Oil a rise in prices is a certainty. There will be no winners monetarily speaking since the cost of recovery will go up for the oil producers, who will pass that along to the refineries, who will pass that along to the wholesalers ect...There will be tremendous downward pressure on consumer cost because of shear industrial inertia. Competition from other sources like nuclear will also drive down profits all along the supply chain.

Besides that, there is a great deal of resentment among those of us who are socially responsible to have to share the roads with these huge, tottering and dangerous monsters. These people should improve their driving skills if they want to be "safer" instead of irresponsibly shifting the burden onto the rest of us and causing needless death, destruction and deterioration of the public road surfaces.

People in snowier climes have a legitimate need for 4 wheel drive vehicles. The rest of you are just in love with the "cowboy" image. You are making fools out of yourselves and many, many people are laughing at you behind your backs. Make yourselves useful and move a load of dirt won't you?
Old 10-06-04, 03:59 PM   #5
pisser
Guv

[quote=Heathcliff]Link pleaseQUOTE]

Sorry,

These were letters to the editor, and I don't have them available, but they were pretty funny. If I run across more, I will scan them for you...
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote