P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 21-03-04, 10:56 PM   #1
span

Thumbs up Eat a can of hell

Terrorist scumbag Yassin killed

Quote:
GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli helicopters killed the spiritual leader of the Hamas Islamic militant group, Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, as he left a mosque on Monday in the highest profile assassination of more than three years of conflict.

At least three other people were also killed in the pre-dawn missile strike on the bearded, wheelchair bound cleric who headed the group that has sworn to destroy the Jewish state.

All that remained at the scene was Yassin's bloodied wheelchair.
*sigh* my only hope is that he suffered painfully.
span is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 01:56 AM   #2
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

those who live by the sword shall die by the sword
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 10:13 AM   #3
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Arrow

Yeah, very bright move

That's prolly why tens of thousands of palestinians took to the streets, screaming vengance agains the israelis ppl. The Hammas has swore to retaliate within a few hours.

Sharon just opened a Pandora's box today.

Quote:
"All of Palestine will turn into a volcano that will burn up the enemies," Sheikh Ismael Hamiyah told reporters outside the morgue after viewing Yassin's body. "Our feelings...are full of anger and desire for revenge."
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 10:41 AM   #4
span

Quote:
Originally posted by miss_silver
Yeah, very bright move

That's prolly why tens of thousands of palestinians took to the streets, screaming vengance agains the israelis ppl. The Hammas has swore to retaliate within a few hours.

Sharon just opened a Pandora's box today.
why am i not suprised you are against this...you'd defend Osama if given the chance.
Old 22-03-04, 11:01 AM   #5
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by span
why am i not suprised you are against this...you'd defend Osama if given the chance.

I don't think so, this was not a smart move by the Israeli's in my opinion. You don't kill someone like this the way they did. Let sleeping gaints lay, someone worse then this guy will most likely take his place and he will now have more people then ever to join there cause because of it. Also, For the first time Palestinian terrorists hint they'll attack America now, because America supplies the IDF weapons and so on. Blood will spill into the streets, this solved nothing at all.....Just look at Irish politics over the last 800 years for examples.
Old 22-03-04, 11:06 AM   #6
span

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinner
I don't think so, this was not a smart move by the Israeli's in my opinion. You don't kill someone like this the way they did. Let sleeping gaints lay, someone worse then this guy will most likely take his place and he will now have more people then ever to join there cause because of it. Also, For the first time Palestinian terrorists hint they'll attack America now, because America supplies the IDF weapons and so on. Blood will spill into the streets, this solved nothing at all.....Just look at Irish politics over the last 800 years for examples.
so what alternative was there? wait for the PA to maybe think about dismantling the terrorists organizations that permeate their so-called "territory" to be in compliance of the road map they agreed to? if you think Hama's would eventually sit down IRA-style and hash out a peace accord you're kidding yourself, that whole area is a hell hole and the scumbags like Yassin only made it worse.
Old 22-03-04, 11:15 AM   #7
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
so what alternative was there? wait for the PA to maybe think about dismantling the terrorists organizations that permeate their so-called "territory" to be in compliance of the road map they agreed to? if you think Hama's would eventually sit down IRA-style and hash out a peace accord you're kidding yourself, that whole area is a hell hole and the scumbags like Yassin only made it worse.

There will be no peace if things continue the way there are going. killing Yassin the way they did makes things worse, not better. If the British killed Gerry Adams like that, (they never would because they have more sense), bombs would be going off in NI and Britain. There is still plenty of violence going on in NI, you just don't hear about it, not like the Middle East tho.

To quote....

“Neither Jewish morality nor Jewish tradition can be used to disallow terror as a means of war... We are very far from any moral hesitations when concerned with the national struggle. First and foremost, terror is for us a part of the political war appropriate for the circumstances of today...”

— Yitzhak Shamir
Israeli prime Minister.
Old 22-03-04, 11:16 AM   #8
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Hamas vows revenge

Quote:
The military wing of Palestinian militant group Hamas, the Ezzedin al-Qassam Brigades, has issued a statement promising to avenge the death of its founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. It says Israel would not have carried out the killing without US approval and threatens retaliation. Here is a translation of the statement:
from

How easy it is to label one anti-semite or just plain put words that one have not written. And how grand it is to rejoice at the death of one person.

Sheikh Yassin was the founder of the Hamas, a palestinian militant group which has nothing to do with the war on Iraq or 9/11. I wouldn't line him up with Bin Ladden imo. The Hamas was never much a threat to the US interests, they are mostly fighting the Zionist invasion of their territory.I do not defend any terrorist action taken against the innocents, against anyone for that matter. But from Sharon's part, it was a cowardly act to blow up and old man in a wheelchair. To the eyes of the world, today, Ariel Sharon became a terrorist.

Quote:
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak described it as cowardly and King Abdullah of Jordan called it a crime...Iranian officials said the killing would trigger an even bigger struggle against Israel and the US...European Union foreign ministers condemned what they called Israel's "extra-judicial killing...British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw described the assassination as "unacceptable" and "unjustified...French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin said such acts could only "feed the spiral of violence...In Moscow, the Russian foreign ministry said it was "deeply concerned" at the assassination, which it feared would cause "a new wave of violence...An Australian foreign ministry spokesman also urged efforts to "try and prevent any further decline into violence".
from
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 11:22 AM   #9
span

heh, you people are amazing...OH POOR OLD GUY IN A WHEELCHAIR WAAAHHH WAHHHH.....apparently forgetting all the innocent women and children (even babies) that this murderous thug ordered killed. the "world" has already thought of Sharon as a terrorist because in their blind anti-semitism they don't care about Israeli civilians, only the poor "suffering" Pals and their terrorist overlords. what was cowardly was letting Yassin live and spew his hatred as long as he did.
Old 22-03-04, 11:30 AM   #10
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
heh, you people are amazing...OH POOR OLD GUY IN A WHEELCHAIR WAAAHHH WAHHHH.....apparently forgetting all the innocent women and children (even babies) that this murderous thug ordered killed. the "world" has already thought of Sharon as a terrorist because in their blind anti-semitism they don't care about Israeli civilians, only the poor "suffering" Pals and their terrorist overlords. what was cowardly was letting Yassin live and spew his hatred as long as he did.

No, that is not true, Politics can be Complicated, Propaganda is very powerful and is a great tool. The Pals have it now. innocent women and children have been killed on both sides, the Pals just don't have an Airforce to do it. I am not defending the Pals or the Israeli's or saying Yassin should have the right to live. Time will tell what the aftermath will be because of this action, one thing I do know is more innocent women and children will be dead in the streets, on both sides.
Old 22-03-04, 11:38 AM   #11
span

well if killing these murderous leaders is so bad then why bother tracking down Bin Laden?, surely his arrest or killing would have a huge affect on terrorist activities.....so do you advocate leaving Bin Laden alone? if so then what do you say to the millions of Americans that want him dead and the families of 9-11 victims? you cannot appease these thugs, doing so only invites more attacks.
Old 22-03-04, 11:53 AM   #12
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
well if killing these murderous leaders is so bad then why bother tracking down Bin Laden?, surely his arrest or killing would have a huge affect on terrorist activities.....so do you advocate leaving Bin Laden alone? if so then what do you say to the millions of Americans that want him dead and the families of 9-11 victims? you cannot appease these thugs, doing so only invites more attacks.

We are talking about apples and oranges now. bin Ladan needs to be killed. Kill him slowly for all I care.
Old 22-03-04, 12:03 PM   #13
alkizz
annoying

Instead of missles they should have just sent in somebody with a bomb belt. Then it would be ok with the rest of the world.
Old 22-03-04, 12:04 PM   #14
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by alkizz
Instead of missles they should have just sent in somebody with a bomb belt. Then it would be ok with the rest of the world.

Well at least it may have looked like an accident or an inside job....
Old 22-03-04, 12:12 PM   #15
span

Quote:
We are talking about apples and oranges now. bin Ladan needs to be killed. Kill him slowly for all I care.
why is that? is there some kind of stipulation that says

Killed x number of civilians = death
Killed less than x number of civilians = leave alone

?

Quote:
During the current three-and-a-half year-old terror campaign, Hamas has perpetrated 425 terrorist attacks of various kinds, in which 377 Israelis were murdered and 2,076 civilians and soldiers were wounded. Among these were 52 suicide attacks, with Yassin authorizing the dispatch of teenagers and more recently a woman to carry out suicide bombings.
Old 22-03-04, 12:56 PM   #16
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
why is that? is there some kind of stipulation that says

Killed x number of civilians = death
Killed less than x number of civilians = leave alone

?

Nope, its just Politics......
Old 22-03-04, 02:18 PM   #17
span

Quote:
Nope, its just Politics......
you sound like John Kerry, except he would say it's "nuanced".
Old 22-03-04, 03:21 PM   #18
multi
Thanks for being with arse

this has got to be an bloke they have been planning to assassinate just at the right time, now the rest of western world is even more complicated in these attrocities these buchers continue to commit..

even more so does it appear that to the islamic world and all those kids growing up being taught to hate the west..that they are an oppressed people being attacked by high tech weaponary...used by us/isreali occupiers

of course its designed to escalate terrorisim...its exactly the sort of maneuvering that has brought it to the point its at now..

there will be a lot more fear to come as we get closer to our respective elections..

starting to think the only safe place on the planet at the moment might be china..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 03:25 PM   #19
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
you sound like John Kerry, except he would say it's "nuanced".
No, sounds like Dissent to me.......
Old 22-03-04, 03:29 PM   #20
span

Quote:
Originally posted by multi
this has got to be an bloke they have been planning to assassinate just at the right time, now the rest of western world is even more complicated in these attrocities these buchers continue to commit..

even more so does it appear that to the islamic world and all those kids growing up being taught to hate the west..that they are an oppressed people being attacked by high tech weaponary...used by us/isreali occupiers

of course its designed to escalate terrorisim...its exactly the sort of maneuvering that has brought it to the point its at now..

there will be a lot more fear to come as we get closer to our respective elections..

starting to think the only safe place on the planet at the moment might be china..
funny, i don't remember all that moral indignation when innocent Israeli schoolchildren were blown to shreds in any of the countless attacks you apparently idolize.

i always knew you were stupid and childish, i guess we can add anti-semetic to that list too.