P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 11-04-07, 09:16 PM   #21
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

sucker. it actually turns on most of the voting elctorate - that's why 6 years of Bush and GOP mismanagement were soundly rejected last November.

here's your boy in action:
Quote:
3 Generals Spurn the Position of War 'Czar'
Bush Seeks Overseer For Iraq, Afghanistan

The White House wants to appoint a high-powered czar to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with authority to issue directions to the Pentagon, the State Department and other agencies, but it has had trouble finding anyone able and willing to take the job, according to people close to the situation.
tell your Prez that we have a war czar - he's called the "Commander-In-Chief". i guess he finally realized he's in over his head.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 08:54 AM   #22
Sinner
--------------------

Pisser fits right in...

Quote:
The Left Continues Its Celebration of the Murder of American Troops

It's The Only Way They'll Win

Let's not mince words. The left celebrates every death of every American soldier in Iraq. Let me just repeat it so that it sinks in. The left celebrates every death of every American soldier in Iraq. They are a means to an end. The means is incitement through propaganda. The end is the repudiation of President Bush and the military -- the two institutions in this country the left hates.

The left celebrates every death of every American solider in Iraq. In 2006, the Democrats saw nothing wrong with using dead soldiers to raise money. Today, the left is showing the murder of American soldiers to provoke outrage against Senator Mitch McConnell in Kentucky.

The left is using the murder of American troops for political purposes. Why? Because provoking outrage over the death of American troops is the only way to stir sentiment that we must not complete the ongoing surge. The left cannot abide us completing the surge because the surge is working.

Militant groups are abandoning their positions. Security tips have jumped sharply. Even Brian Williams of NBC has noticed "that 'the war has changed.'"

We have escalated the destruction of Al Qaeda. Shops are beginning to reopen. Oh, and the body count stories in the New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, and news networks have dropped off the front page in favor of the U.S. Attorney scandal because there is less to report.

The surge is having a meaningful impact. The left's policy of retreat is about to be proven foolhardy. So, like terrorists blowing up car bombs in front of the American media to attract attention to their cause in Baghdad, the left is having to show troops blown to bits in Iraq to the American people to attract attention to their cause and detract attention from the fact that the deaths of those soldiers have not been in vain.

The left celebrates every death of every American soldier in Iraq because it is the only effective means they have to distract the public from the tangible signs that those same soldiers are having a meaningful impact in winning the war -- a victory the left cannot abide.
Since we don't have a quote thread - I will post it here

"It is the soldier,not the priest, who protects freedom of religion; the soldier,not the journalist, who protects freedom of speech. History teaches that a society that does not value it's warriors will be replaced by a society that does." -- Jack Kelley

Last edited by Sinner : 12-04-07 at 09:04 AM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 09:20 AM   #23
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
sucker. it actually turns on most of the voting elctorate - that's why 6 years of Bush and GOP mismanagement were soundly rejected last November.
And yet the democrats in power now aren't changing a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
here's your boy in action:

Quote:
3 Generals Spurn the Position of War 'Czar'
Bush Seeks Overseer For Iraq, Afghanistan

The White House wants to appoint a high-powered czar to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with authority to issue directions to the Pentagon, the State Department and other agencies, but it has had trouble finding anyone able and willing to take the job, according to people close to the situation.
tell your Prez that we have a war czar - he's called the "Commander-In-Chief". i guess he finally realized he's in over his head.
So after years of bitching about his incompetence you're now bitching about his attempt to get someone more competent to take over. And of course you're enjoying the fact that people are reluctant to take on such a difficult job. No wonder patriotic people think of liberals as traitors when they express nothing but glee at the difficulties the U.S. faces and condemn every attempt at resolving them.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 10:33 AM   #24
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
The Left Continues Its Celebration of the Murder of American Troops

Utter, slimey bullshit.

This kind of ludicrous fiction is for children who simply can't hold their own in a rational discussion. It's sickening to realize that anyone could be a big enough fucking fool to take it seriously.

No one is celebrating the death of troops. Yes, for those of us who were against the war for moral, strategic or purely rational reasons from the very beginning, the rising death toll is an indicator and underlines the point, but it is certainly no celebration.

At least we are aware of this toll and the implications, while apparently some of you are able to dismiss this toll utterly as merely a 'meaningless politically-loaded statistic,' and pretend that comparing it to bigger numbers and greater sacrifices renders it virtually insignificant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisser
So tell me what good it has done, exactly, how are we any safer from terrorists, etc?
Isn't it interesting that no one will even approach this question when it's the exact reason we were given for going to war in the first place? Instead they think they can throw up a shield and make anyone against the war appear immoral with their ridiculous concoctions about our unpatriotic and antiamerican motivations.

When you motherfuckers can stop constructing a version of 'the left' that suits your intellectual laziness and deal with reality, there might be a reason to even discuss the war with you, but until then you're just making pointless noises that could just as easily issue from your assholes.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 12:04 PM   #25
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Utter, slimey bullshit.
Of course it is Stone and it really only plays to the fringe element, which I would say pisser falls into - mainly because he seems fail to realize how your and his government works, with his it’s Bush’s Fault for everything bad that happens in the world. I do remember the Democrats voting to support this war, some are even trying to lead the party into the 08 election. The story I quoted is as ridicules as any of pisser’s posts.

What is the “left” or whatever’s solution to the war? From what I see Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi for example have not shown any interest in finding a way to win in Iraq, they are using hardball politics to try to set an absolute date for pulling out of Iraq. I do not believe surrender and retreat can be called a "solution". Now I do think many on the left and some on the right think it is a solution because they are losing patience and think mistakes are being made. Well I agree, mistakes have been made like mistakes were made in WWII for example. But You push on, you do not surrender.

The press will only report death counts - Can you answer any of these questions? Does the Press care? I think these are important questions and should be reported.

- How many battles are won day to day?
- How many insurgents are captured day to day?
- How many of the enemy are killed?
- How many of the enemy end up deserter?
- What have our troops done to save iraqi residents from being victims of war?
- How many children have Americans saved in Iraq?
- How much information and what kind of information are we receiving daily from the Iraq citizens?
- What schools are opening?
- Who got power today - are they happy?
- What businesses opened today?
- What medical services did our war doctors perform to save Iraqi citizens today?
Old 12-04-07, 02:52 PM   #26
pisser
Guv

Mazer, Albed and Sinner:

The frickin 3 stooges. I'll let you decide who is who, second thought, let albed decide, since he is the ass sucker authority.

Here is a message to you 3 spineless, blindly following conservative hacks:

WE CANNOT EVER 'WIN' , THERE IS NO DEFINITIVE WAY TO 'WIN'.

So get your head's out of Bushes ass, wipe the shit off, and then open your eyes and rejoin the real world!
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 03:34 PM   #27
Sinner
--------------------

Edit --
Old 12-04-07, 03:49 PM   #28
albed
flippin 'em off

Wow, Mazer must have been a little rough with his new bitch; just look at him squeal.
Old 12-04-07, 03:56 PM   #29
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
Wow, Mazer must have been a little rough with his new bitch; just look at him squeal.
Since you don't have any decent comebacks, you just have to resort to idiotic responses.

You just know I'm right, and your dead wrong. Admit it, and ease your pain.
Old 12-04-07, 10:32 PM   #30
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Oh, you two go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I'm not after pisser in order to get under his skin. He has demonstrated a little free thinking lately, not much, but enough to engage me. I don't expect him to respond to my constructionist method any better than you have, albed, but if the worst name he calls me is 'stooge' then I must be doing something right. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted because now that Ramona has stooped to posting here I've lost interest in pisser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone View Post
At least we are aware of this toll and the implications, while apparently some of you are able to dismiss this toll utterly as merely a 'meaningless politically-loaded statistic,' and pretend that comparing it to bigger numbers and greater sacrifices renders it virtually insignificant.
You've either misread me or you're just being obtuse, for it is the media that have reduced our soldiers' sacrifice down to a mere statistic, not me. And I've pointed it out not to diminish the loss of life but to indict those who wave these statistics in the air like a banner. If you'll notice, I wasn't just comparing body counts but also time frames. The significance of those figures is subjective, but after four long years of war and occupation even I am surprised that so few have died, and glad too. You're too quick to accuse me of dismissing the numbers; I'm only callous compared to those like pisser who are blowing things way out of proportion, themselves guilty of dismissing historical statistics. The current death toll is only meaningless when it's quoted without context, and that's what I'm trying to establish. We've fought in far deadlier wars than this one and come out on top, so it's certainly possible to overcome the toll we've already incurred.

Though pisser's questions about what we've accomplished are valid, the lack of reporting by the media makes it impossible to answer those questions adequately. When they report all of the costs and none of the benefits it simply becomes impossible to perform a proper cost/benefit analysis. I like Sinner's list of questions better; they're more pertinent to our situation and, unlike pisser's questions, each has a verifiable answer. Those answers are necessary to establish context, too. Without knowing what we've gained it is simply impossible to judge the value of what we've lost. I'll tell you right now, I myself am not cognizant of the specific benefits of our war in Iraq, but there are people in this world, most of them journalists, who do know what's going on. I can only speculate as to why their knowledge has not been shared with the rest of us. I do know, however, that a dictator has been stripped of his power, his former subjects are now voting citizens, a constitution has been established in a once despotic nation, a parliament has taken power, and the free people of Iraq are now making the security of their country their responsibility, reliving us of that burden in the process. If that's not progress then I don't know what is.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-07, 07:39 AM   #31
pisser
Guv

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
I do know, however, that a dictator has been stripped of his power
So now we are in the business of stripping dictators from power.

Nice how we just pick and choose.

If that is our 'mission', why haven't we gone after north korea for one?

I'll tell you why, because it wouldn't be as easy as Iraq.

Mr. 'War President' just wanted to get his nose into the middle east without studying the previous history of that country or of the middle east in general.

If he had, he would have known that democracy could never be 'forced' upon those people.

Also, we ( the american people) don't directly control policy as to war and such, be we control public opinion, and boneheaded politicians are sensitive to that.

Basically, the republican party is destroying any chance it has in 2008.

Fine by me, and I am just an independent. I do not like the direction that this country has gone in after 9/11.

I just laugh at how outraged our administration is about the Iranians supplying and help the insurgents to kill Iraqis and Americans. What did george and co. think would happen, they would just roll over and kiss our asses?

And that is why...IT IS HIS FAULT!
Old 16-04-07, 04:54 PM   #32
theknife

and this is why no one wants the job as "war czar":

Quote:
We cannot "shorthand" this issue with concepts such as the "democratization of the region" or the constant refrain by a small but powerful group that we are going to "win," even as "victory" is not defined or is frequently redefined.

....We got it right during the early days of Afghanistan — and then lost focus. We have never gotten it right in Iraq. For these reasons, I asked not to be considered for this important White House position. These huge shortcomings are not going to be resolved by the assignment of an additional individual to the White House staff. They need to be addressed before an implementation manager is brought on board.
that's General John Sheehan, confirming what you already knew deep down - there is no "victory" to be had, it's been all platitudes and bs from the administration, and the problems with Iraq have their roots in the White House.
Old 26-04-07, 04:41 PM   #33
theknife

why there is nothing in Iraq worth dying for, part 27:

Congress oks the Iraq withdrawal bill and sends it on to the Prez for his veto. meanwhile, the Iraqi government sees fit to criticize Congress for it's decision to carry out the will of the American people:
Quote:
The Iraqi foreign minister, Hoshyar Zebari, has criticised the US House of Representatives for passing a bill that sets a timetable for American troop withdrawal from Iraq....

"The Iraqi government believes that setting any premature timetable would not be realistic, would not be in the best interests of the US forces or the Iraqi government interests at this stage. I think that should depend on conditions on the ground," he says.
so how does the Iraqi government demonstrate their dedication and devotion to thier cause? by taking the summer off:
Quote:
While lawmakers in Washington debate the role of American forces in Iraq, lawmakers in Baghdad are planning to adjourn for July and August.
be interesting to keep track of how many Americans get killed while propping up the Iraqi government for vacationing Iraqi officials.
Old 26-04-07, 06:00 PM   #34
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

If we had any sense we'd make our lawmakers take a 6 month "vacation" every year. Democracies don't need full time politicians, nor should they have them.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-07, 06:13 PM   #35
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
If we had any sense we'd make our lawmakers take a 6 month "vacation" every year. Democracies don't need full time politicians, nor should they have them.
occupied countries don't need them either - no worries for iraqi politicians, as long as there is unlimited American blood to spill and American money to burn.
Old 05-05-07, 06:53 PM   #36
theknife

Default a new low for the Prez

support for the Prez dwindles down to a few dead-enders and starry-eyed true believers:

Quote:
According to the new NEWSWEEK Poll, the public’s approval of Bush has sunk to 28 percent, an all-time low for this president in our poll, and a point lower than Gallup recorded for his father at Bush Sr.’s nadir. The last president to be this unpopular was Jimmy Carter who also scored a 28 percent approval in 1979.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18505030/site/newsweek/
Old 17-05-07, 02:52 PM   #37
albed
flippin 'em off

A more reputable source-
(liberals avert your eyes)

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27589

May 15, 2007
Congress Approval Down to 29%; Bush Approval Steady at 33%

Quote:
Congressional Job Approval

According to the May 10-13, 2007, Gallup Poll, 29% of Americans approve and 64% disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job. Congressional approval is down 4 percentage points since last month, and is 3 points lower than the 32% average measured during the first five months of the year.

Quote:
Presidential Job Approval

There has been little meaningful change in the public's rating of the president in quite some time. Thirty-three percent of Americans now approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president, while 62% disapprove. Bush's approval ratings have averaged 35% in 2007, and have fallen within a narrow range between 32% and 38%.