P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 02-09-06, 03:04 PM   #21
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
a bit more than a scare, no? 5 people died, 17 injured - two attacks over a three week period. these attacks come to mind everytime somebody says that there have been no terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11.
I appoligise tk if my comment seemed a bit cold. It doesn't affect the fact that this deadly powder was made in a US lab.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 06:46 PM   #22
Nicobie

The USA needs to change their immigration laws to allow any one at all into to United States just so they leave within 12 hours to Canada (Quebec).

No restrictions whatever. Free bus and rail tickets should be provided. All individuals who express anti United States of America views should be given 1st class air tickets on Air Canada to the grand welfare state of eastern Canada.

If you talk the talk,

U should walk the walk.

As fuc'd as the United States of America is, at least they try.
Old 02-09-06, 07:12 PM   #23
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

There are probably as many theories about the 2001 anthrax postal letters matter as there are people who talk about it. No one was ever charged, the crime remains unsolved - No one got “caught”. There are many sources for that information, just google it and pick the theory you like the best.

I suppose we could discuss the anthrax letters some more, or change subjects again.

Or, shall we discuss the difference between 5 deaths in the anthrax letters matter and the number of casualties that could occur if a nuclear bomb was detonated in a major city?

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 07:13 PM   #24
RDixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
The USA needs to change their immigration laws to allow any one at all into to United States just so they leave within 12 hours to Canada (Quebec).

No restrictions whatever. Free bus and rail tickets should be provided. All individuals who express anti United States of America views should be given 1st class air tickets on Air Canada to the grand welfare state of eastern Canada.

If you talk the talk,

U should walk the walk.

And just who decides what is and what is not "anti-USA views"?

Here's a novel idea.

Let's use that little piece of paper we call the constitution to judge what is and what is not " anti-USA views".

Any one with a 5th grade reading comprehension level can understand it.

When push comes to shove, that piece of paper IS the USA.

Or were you like many others confusing "anti_USA views" with views or ideas that you just happen to personally disagree with?

And if you come back with a bill o'riley type argument about the constitution being outdated and no longer applicable then let me now say that if that is true then there is no USA.
Only anarchy.

I'm armed and ready for that.

Are you?
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 08:00 PM   #25
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDixon

And if you come back with a bill o'riley type argument about the constitution being outdated and no longer applicable then let me now say that if that is true then there is no USA.
Only anarchy.

Are you?

You sound like a bill o riley kind of guy to me. (hehe)

Our govm't is no good. It's failing on most all fronts. The immigration issue is one of them. Curtailing our freedom is another. The gov bureaucrats are taking over at the expense of the working man.

Anarchy is starting to look better and better all the time.

And,

the constitution doesn't seem mean much to our 'elected' officials anymore either.

My above post was picking on ms slivers continuous anti United States of America slamming. The twit might be more credible if even once she/he had a nice thing to say about the United States of America. But she doesn't and prolly never will. I'm just reacting to her negativity. Get used to it, because until he/she lightens a bit up on the United stated of America, I'm gonna reciprocate with the like.

OK?
Old 02-09-06, 09:26 PM   #26
RDixon

Quote:

You sound like a bill o riley kind of guy to me. (hehe)

Our govm't is no good. It's failing on most all fronts. The immigration issue is one of them. Curtailing our freedom is another. The gov bureaucrats are taking over at the expense of the working man.

Anarchy is starting to look better and better all the time.

And,

the constitution doesn't seem mean much to our 'elected' officials anymore either.

My above post was picking on ms slivers continuous anti United States of America slamming. The twit might be more credible if even once she/he had a nice thing to say about the United States of America. But she doesn't and prolly never will. I'm just reacting to her negativity. Get used to it, because until he/she lightens a bit up on the United stated of America, I'm gonna reciprocate with the like.

OK?

Fair enough.

Actually there is quite a lot that is good about our country.
For a country that is still in it's infancy; I think we have done pretty damned well considering that just 500 years ago this entire place was nothing but wilderness.

The best thing about our government is that the rable rousers that started it all went to great lengths to make it easy to change if it gets out of control as it has been for the past 30 years or so.
Unfortunately for we the people, those who should be doing the change, are content to sit idly by and do nothing.

The Joe Lieberman loss of late and his desperate and embarrassing bid to cling to power is a great example of we the people taking action when our elected reps refuse to do so.

Both Bush and Cheney have commited various impeachable offenses while in office and the do nothing about it congress is in for a rude awakening in 2 months, I believe.

I will also be very surprised if the Bush admin survives for very long after the enablers are replaced.

Note: I didn't say Democrats or Republicans. Doesn't matter to me which party is in power as long as they do their damned job and so far with this current crew, no one has with the exception of maybe Murtha.

What is almost unbelievable to me is: This admin still thinks they can pull off another illegal and undeclared war.
Maybe they have a plan for another 9 / 11 type attack that they can convieniently blame on Iran?
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Old 02-09-06, 11:14 PM   #27
multi
Thanks for being with arse

there is much that is great about USA.. as much as people like to paint me as anti-american ,as I have said before .I love the history and have been interested in the politics for a fair while.

I agree it doesn't really matter which side is in power anymore

what does matter is some of the ideals in your constitution that have held the country together over the last 500 years be restored instead of being eroded
by every new government for their own advantage

There has been many diverse cultures live together and even a civil war so it could be so. Along with the fear of terrorisim and an ongoing campaign of promoting fear of lack and from invasion from things outside the self that has been on the airwaves for decades, there has been a major shift in the way people deal with it. Drugs ,religon even sport and fitness ..but religon has become the big winner
because of intense lobbying by some powerful religous and ethnic groups and for humans it's always
the easiest option to give away their power to these ideas than to take on self empowerment.

Little wonder
people will entertain ideas of a government coverup of 911. I personaly think its only going to be realised properly after many years, if any of it is true and at the moment it only serves as huge distraction for what is really going on. So what happens to this rather huge society armed to the teeth and fed on a healthy diet of fear and soap opera politics ?

People get sick and turn to drugs and medicine turn to crime and violence turn to the mysterious forces that shape the universe..and yet we sit around and wonder why things are going to shit. The corporations and their governments have you where they want you glued to your screens ,high ,praying that fuckall will happen if your a good person . The threat of nuclear war is something that has been again promoted and
gladly distributed enmasse by those that suffered it through the cold war era. They need that extra fear
promoting ingredient in the mix because many are starting to wake up out of this illusion .

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 11:19 PM   #28
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Tom Clancy is reading this thread and he's going to use it as the basis for his next novel.

Oh wait, he already did.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 12:05 AM   #29
naz
-

Quote:
Well, it is pretty obvious that the US admin believes that they do have nukes now
Agreed, and everyone else
Quote:

As for OT, why not?
"
While the original post was scrawled in crayola, it is a thread on Iran, which is a rich vein of discussion in of itself.
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 01:11 AM   #30
RDixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz
Agreed, and everyone else

While the original post was scrawled in crayola, it is a thread on Iran, which is a rich vein of discussion in of itself.
OK since I highly doubt any of you have ever been to Iran or know some one who has.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine, Brian Briggs, who owns and operates BBSpot.com went there to vist his in-laws.
His wife is from Iran.

http://www.bbspot.com/Log/?module=Lo...=browse&id=532

Just a tiny bit of insight into what it is really like there.
Old 03-09-06, 01:30 AM   #31
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:

If you talk the talk,

U should walk the walk.

No matter how hard you scrub Nicobie, you will never get rid of that darn frog dna, though luck enfoiré
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 07:37 PM   #32
Nicobie

Hahahahaha,

if it ain't wood, it ain't no good.

here's a froggie . . .

http://www.gatago.com/rec/woodworking/9943959.html

Now, U wanna talk about scrub planes
Old 03-09-06, 07:41 PM   #33
Nicobie

who's in charge of dem fuc'n 'smilies' amyway.

I can't seem to control myself.