P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 22-07-06, 05:42 PM   #21
Nicobie

Mazer,

You are saying over population isn't a problem? And then you have the nerve to say mormons are the salt of the earth?

Maybe it's time to look outside your current box.
Old 22-07-06, 05:50 PM   #22
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMANBANNED
Note to self : When bottle of rum shows up ......do not post it politcal forum

Have always wondered this though ........

In the really really big picture of things?.........If there is a God and created the heavens and earth........Who created God so that God could do these things ?

I`m looking at the creation side right now .....so who created God?
Where did it ALL come from ?
Some would tell you that God is not a creation and that therefore nothing came before him. That answer always seemed a little self-serving to me. I prefer to imagine that in heaven there is no concept of time, therefore there is no such things as before or after. But for mortals like us, who experience the passage of time, it's difficult to describe heavenly events using languages that uses tense, so usually we default to using a past tense to describe them. Trying to answer questions of eternal affairs using the language of causality leads to great confusion. I won't say that the truth is incomprehensible to mortals, but we simply lack the knowledge and experience to frame answerable questions about God and heaven. Maybe that's life's purpose, to experience causality, even for a short time, so we may better understand eterniy after our temporal existence has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
so you believe in creationism?
Yes, I mostly suscribe to the Genesis account of the creation of the universe, though I figure the book uses terms like light, earth, heavens, and day figuratively. A day in Genesis most likely was not a 24 hour long Earth day, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
And then you have the nerve to say mormons are the salt of the earth?
Is this what I've said?
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-06, 06:15 PM   #23
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Some would tell you that God is not a creation and that therefore nothing came before him. That answer always seemed a little self-serving to me. I prefer to imagine that in heaven there is no concept of time, therefore there is no such things as before or after. But for mortals like us, who experience the passage of time, it's difficult to describe heavenly events using languages that uses tense, so usually we default to using a past tense to describe them. Trying to answer questions of eternal affairs using the language of causality leads to great confusion. I won't say that the truth is incomprehensible to mortals, but we simply lack the knowledge and experience to frame answerable questions about God and heaven. Maybe that's life's purpose, to experience causality, even for a short time, so we may better understand eterniy after our temporal existence has ended.
i basically agree with you on this - that the questions of God and creation are likely to be far beyond our realm of understanding. for this reason, i cannot fathom why anyone would buy the simplistic and child-like explanation put forth by the Bible - unless they have to prop up the rest of thier belief structure.

that being said, i know evolution is an ongoing process because i have seen it. therefore, i also know that, regardless of whatever one's version of creation is, evolution (like it or not) is all part of the Master Plan
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-06, 06:40 PM   #24
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
that being said, i know evolution is an ongoing process because i have seen it. therefore, i also know that, regardless of whatever one's version of creation is, evolution (like it or not) is all part of the Master Plan
I think that's a good way of looking at it. The science itself is still young, largely untested, and widely misunderstood by most non-biologists, i.e. almost everybody. We'll know more as time goes on. The concept of evolution doesn't necessarily contradict creationsim, it merely contradicts a few specific creation myths. So until the theory of evolution explains certain things that cannot be explained by other natural phenomena I'm gonna reserve my judgement and try to keep an open mind.
Old 23-07-06, 07:45 AM   #25
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
I'm still at a loss for why you think I believe in evolution.

http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...6&postcount=35
Quote:
while the credit for the crop's flavor and nutritional content goes to the creator and/or millions of years of evolution.

http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...5&postcount=27
Quote:
Well alright. I admit that I know much less about ID than evolution, I'm not a very good devil's advocate but I tried.

http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...4&postcount=17
Quote:
It's a nasty cycle where technological evolution reverses biological evolution to the point where technological evolution is reversed and then biological evolution advances (if any of that makes sense).
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-06, 08:40 AM   #26
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Oh, those little gems.

Even though I don't put a lot of stock into the evolution theory I still study it to try to understand why other people believe in it. Unlike you, who a couple months ago couldn't even spell Mormon, I don't assume that I understand other people's beilef systems better than they do.
Old 23-07-06, 09:59 AM   #27
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
Even though I don't put a lot of stock into the evolution theory I still study it to try to understand why other people believe in it.
"And now, as reported in the Tallahassee Democrat, there is direct evidence of evolution in Darwin's finches. These are the little birds to be found on the Galapagos Archipelago, on the equator in the Pacific. In the past 20 years, one species of the finch on one of the islands (Daphne) has moved in the direction of much smaller beaks. The reason is that another species invaded the island. This new species is much better at cracking and opening large seeds, and so the original group has now started to specialize on very small seeds.

What makes this latest finding very exciting is that the process whereby the finches are gaining smaller beaks - those that have smaller beaks get fed and survive and reproduce, and those with bigger beaks do not - is a classic example of the mechanism of natural selection. This is the idea first proposed by Charles Darwin in his "Origin of Species" in 1859, And what makes the finding doubly exciting is that it was these very Galapagos finches (and the mockingbirds, also to be found on the islands) that made Darwin into an evolutionist.
"

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs...1/1006/OPINION
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-06, 08:13 PM   #28
albed
flippin 'em off

What The?

Quote:
Oh, those little gems.

Even though I don't put a lot of stock into the evolution theory I still study it to try to understand why other people believe in it. Unlike you, who a couple months ago couldn't even spell Mormon, I don't assume that I understand other people's beilef systems better than they do.

Ummm...they're called "religions". And I understand hypocrites well enough.

http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...2&postcount=33
Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
09-10-04
I was after the laughs not your soul Mazer. I just want you to be a good Hypocrit--I mean Mormocrit--I mean Mormon.
Back when you were a pro-gambling mormon; and I could spell it right.
Old 24-07-06, 06:11 PM   #29
Nicobie

Quote:
Oh, those little gems.

Even though I don't put a lot of stock into the evolution theory ... says Mazer

You're the fool that can't think straight. Please note that I said fool rather than dumb ass.
Old 25-07-06, 08:45 AM   #30
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
Having told His disciples which characteristics would not indicate the end of the age, Jesus turned to the questions themselves; He begins with the third one about the sign that would mark the end of the age (Matthew 24: 7-8; Mark 13:8; Luke 21:10-11).

According to all three Gospels, the sign of the end of the age is said to be when nation shall rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. This act will be coupled with famines and earthquakes in various places, which Messiah clearly stated would be the beginning of travail.

The term travail means “birth-pang,” referring to the series of birth-pangs that a woman undergoes before giving birth. The prophets pictured the last days as a series of birth-pangs before the birth of the new Messianic Age. Yeshua is saying that the beginning of travail (the first birth-pang and the sign that the end of the age has begun) is when nation rises against nation and kingdom against kingdom.

Hullabaloo

Quote:
I honestly think that last is part of what's motivating the warmongers. As with their last epic failure, Vietnam, they believe their hands have been tied by a bunch of liberal generals and a pansy-ass populace who refuse to let them fight the way they need to fight. They see the Israelis as their personal Rottweilers and they want to let them off the chain.
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-06, 07:44 AM   #31
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Bicameralism

Machiavellia Intelligence

neural darwinism

foraging

emergence

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-06, 03:12 PM   #32
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
the far right Conservative Christian forums are ecstatic over the goings-on in the Middle East...they see the events of the past few weeks as prophesied events signalling the onset of End Times, meaning the Rapture is imminent. a sample of the quotes, via Harper's:

frankly, if the Rapture means that the big Jesus vacuum is gonna come and suck these people right off the face of the earth completely, then it can't come soon enough for me.
It strikes me that they're not gonna need all their stuff pretty soon so if any of them want to unload a vacation home or power boat before judgement day I'll be happy to help.

Remember that rope through the eye of a needle thing.