P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 30-01-06, 10:00 AM   #1
Repo

Default President Bush's Legacy

I kind of get the feeling that President Bush kicks back in the Oval Office, puts his feet on his desk and dreams about his legacy. He probably thought his legacy would be planting the seeds of democracy throughout the Middle East, of course if he did think that he would be wrong. President's Bush's legacy won't be his contribution to seed democracy in the Middle East but his seeding of Islamic states throughout the region. All of President Bush's actions have led to more Islamic governments in the area. Removing the secular Saddam Hussein through occupation has allowed the people of Iraq to vote in an Islamic government, a government with close ties to Iran. The very same Iran whose president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called for Israel to be "wiped off the map." Bush is proud of himself for getting Iraqis to vote. He gave them the vote and they voted out the secular candidates. Wonderful, American soldiers are dying in Iraq after taking out the secular government of Saddam and have replaced him with an Islamic government. Hardly seems worth the cost of blood and guts...

Bush in his infinite wisdom, or lack there of, forced an election on the Palestinian people and they too voted out the secular Fatah government and installed an Islamic government of Hamas. The very same Hamas that also wants to wipe Israel off the map. Hamas is also listed by the United States as a terrorist organization. Nice going Mr. President you turned the clock back 20 years in the Israeli/Palestinian peace process. The newly elected Palestinian government has in its charter the call for the destruction of Israel. The next time Hamas sends a suicide bomber to kill Israelis, it will be sanctioned by the Palestinian government, which means it would be an act of war by the Palestinian Authority and Israel would and should retaliate with total disregard for civilian casualties. If the Palestinian Authority can kill Israeli civilians, then surely Israel can kill Palestinian civilians. Let the bloodbath begin and it will, all thanks to Bush's plan to seed democracy throughout the Middle East. Bush put his best positive spin on the Hamas victory saying, "So the Palestinians had an election yesterday, the results of which remind me about the power of democracy." What he didn't want to be reminded of is that he is directly responsible for a Hamas government, killing the peace process and spreading the seeds of Islam throughout the Middle East. Bush is also responsible for strengthening Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, first by taking Iran's long time enemy Saddam Hussein out and by allowing a friendly Islamic government to become a reality in the formerly secular Iraq. Now by allowing Hamas to take over the Palestinian Authority. Bush gives Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad two new allies in the Middle East...

Osama bin Laden must be very pleased since his plan is to install Islamic rule in the tradition of the Ottoman Empire, that covers Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, Kuwait, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Thanks to President Bush, bin Laden is closer to his goal...

Yes, President Bush's legacy will be that he spread Islamic rule throughout the Middle East. So Mr. President, sit down in the Oval Office, put your feet on your desk and think about that, you did more for fundamentalist Islam in the Middle East than bin Laden ever could. You aren't much as a president but you could be an honorary mullah...
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-06, 01:41 PM   #2
pisser
Guv

Yeah, plus

Failed domestic policy + Failed Energy policy + Failed High School English + Failed DUI Testing + Failed International Policy + Failed at connect his miniscule pea brain with his cerebral cortex.....
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-06, 01:35 AM   #3
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo
Osama bin Laden must be very pleased since his plan is to install Islamic rule in the tradition of the Ottoman Empire, that covers Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, Kuwait, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Thanks to President Bush, bin Laden is closer to his goal...
He would be more pleased if we just gave up and left the reigion, since that's what he told everyone we were gonna do and every day we stay there we make a liar out of him, which makes it tougher for him to recruit more people to his cause.

I think you're forgetting that, whether they're secular or Islamist, what matters is that these are elected governments. When you criticize Muslims in the middle east for electing governments you don't like and you criticize Americans for electing a government you don't like you make it sound like you hate democracy. Is it wrong for Islamic people to be represented by Islamic governments? If they decide, as free, adult human beings, to make war on each other is that our responsibility?

I wouldn't dare presume that the Muslim world can do without the same liberties we gained ourselves only a couple centuries ago. And the issue is the same today as it was then, described here in the words of Patrick Henry, "This is no time for ceremony. The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery..." The fact remains that despite the Ba'athist regime's secular status it was still a dictatorship, and it's subjects were the slaves of Saddam Hussein. "What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" As long as the Muslims are willing to make that kind of sacrifice then they deserve the chance to be represented by their elected governments, even if they turn on us in the end. That's democracy.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-06, 01:47 AM   #4
son
Apprentice Napsterite

Attached Images

son is offline   Reply With Quote