P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 27-11-05, 07:45 PM   #1
Nicobie

Default Just for balance. . .

Is Hillary sucking less these days?

Should she run,

or is her big fat butt not yet big enough?
Old 27-11-05, 08:32 PM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

She's still just a junior member of the Senate, which mostly means she has to keep her mouth shut and defer to the people who've been there longer.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-05, 03:23 AM   #3
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie

Should she run,

Run the silly bitch over you mean.
As to her,
"her big fat butt"
I'll bow to your better knowledge Nic
She's your pin-up doll.
Old 28-11-05, 12:09 PM   #4
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie

Should she run,

no, i believe she sucks more than ever...she continuues to represent the most spineless, opportunistic wing of the Democratic leadership. fortunately, while she might get the Dem's nomination in 2008, she can't win. and since the country is now painfully aware of what the wingnut faction of the GOP has to offer, perhaps we'll get a decent centrist Republican to run against her.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-05, 12:18 PM   #5
albed
flippin 'em off

It doesn't work that way. The worse the democratic candidate is then the more conservative the republican can be and still win.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-05, 02:06 PM   #6
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

LOL, All I can come up with on this subject is a "rumor mill" cut and paste. Apparently, Ms. Clinton has fallen from graces with her peers. Interestingly, John Kerry trails Hillary Clinton with only 2% backing in this DEMOCRATIC PARTY poll:

Quote:
Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential poll numbers continue to slip with the Democratic Party's left wing base - according to the latest online survey conducted by the Daily Kos web site.

The former first lady has now slid to fifth place among likely candidates, with Virginia Gov. Mark Warner leapfrogging past her into third place. She now ranks just above the Koz category "No Freakin' Clue" among top Democrats who are expected to run.

In more bad news for Mrs. Clinton, her meager 6 percent support continues a downward trend that began over the summer, when she had 10 percent backing her candidacy.

By September, however, she had slipped to 8 percent in the same poll.

Former Gen. Wesley continues to lead in the Kos poll, winning the backing of 26 percent. Sen. Russ Feingold trails in second place, with 19 percent support. Former vice presidential candidate John Edwards comes in fourth, with 12 percent support.
The only first tier presidential candidate who trails Mrs. Clinton is John Kerry, with just 2 percent backing in the online poll.

Notes Kos, whose site is among the most heavily trafficked on the political left: "While this isn't a scientific poll of the Democratic Party rank and file, at 11K+ results it's a pretty darn accurate poll of the sentiments of the Daily Kos community."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...24/95710.shtml

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-05, 06:36 PM   #7
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat
Run the silly bitch over you mean.
As to her,
"her big fat butt"
I'll bow to your better knowledge Nic
She's your pin-up doll.

No, U silly geese's.

I was wondering if she will ever run in order to get rid of her flub.

Big butts don't swing votes. . . do they?
Old 28-11-05, 06:40 PM   #8
Nicobie

Default GOTCHA

Old 28-11-05, 08:06 PM   #9
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
It doesn't work that way. The worse the democratic candidate is then the more conservative the republican can be and still win.
if you mean conservative as in proponents of smaller, less intrusive, fiscally responsible, stay-out-of-people's-lives, state's-rights government, you're probably right. but if you're talking about the current generation of wingnut conservatives, who want to protect us all from gays, science, and flag-burners, i don't think so.

by next election, i'd like to think the electorate will have learned that "moral values" don't mean much coming from fundamentally incompetent and largely corrupt leaders. i'd settle for a competent and reasonably principled centrist from either party.
Old 28-11-05, 10:59 PM   #10
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I'd have to agree with you there, this extremism and division in politics is getting old. We need a president that everyone can stand behind even if they don't always agree.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-05, 11:25 PM   #11
albed
flippin 'em off

It's been well demonstrated lately that many people can't stand behind a president without stabbing him in the back, even though they acquiesce to his policies in their official capacity.
Old 29-11-05, 09:19 PM   #12
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
It's been well demonstrated lately that many people can't stand behind a president without stabbing him in the back, even though they acquiesce to his policies in their official capacity.
actually they're just trying to pop his bubble - apparently the Prez listens to no one but God:
Quote:
Current and former military and intelligence officials have told me that the President remains convinced that it is his personal mission to bring democracy to Iraq, and that he is impervious to political pressure, even from fellow Republicans. They also say that he disparages any information that conflicts with his view of how the war is proceeding.

Bush’s closest advisers have long been aware of the religious nature of his policy commitments. In recent interviews, one former senior official, who served in Bush’s first term, spoke extensively about the connection between the President’s religious faith and his view of the war in Iraq. After the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the former official said, he was told that Bush felt that “God put me here” to deal with the war on terror. The President’s belief was fortified by the Republican sweep in the 2002 congressional elections; Bush saw the victory as a purposeful message from God that “he’s the man,” the former official said. Publicly, Bush depicted his reëlection as a referendum on the war; privately, he spoke of it as another manifestation of divine purpose. Seymour Hersh, New Yorker
Old 29-11-05, 09:53 PM   #13
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Current and former military and intelligence officials have told me that the President remains convinced that it is his personal mission to bring democracy to Iraq, and that he is impervious to political pressure, even from fellow Republicans. They also say that he disparages any information that conflicts with his view of how the war is proceeding.

Bush’s closest advisers have long been aware of the religious nature of his policy commitments. In recent interviews, one former senior official, who served in Bush’s first term, spoke extensively about the connection between the President’s religious faith and his view of the war in Iraq. After the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the former official said, he was told that Bush felt that “God put me here” to deal with the war on terror. The President’s belief was fortified by the Republican sweep in the 2002 congressional elections; Bush saw the victory as a purposeful message from God that “he’s the man,” the former official said. Publicly, Bush depicted his reelection as a referendum on the war; privately, he spoke of it as another manifestation of divine purpose. Seymour Hersh, New Yorker
With such unquestionably reliable and unimpeachable sources like that who could doubt an unbiased and impartial journalist like Seymour Hersh?