P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 25-06-05, 08:29 AM   #21
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
How do you fix this recruitment problem as you see it if you don't know WHY fewer people are enlisting?
With a little over 1700 dead and over 13,000 wounded ( http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/ or if you prefer: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/ira...es/casualties/ ) can you really blame people for not enlisting?
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-05, 09:23 AM   #22
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutrguy
With a little over 1700 dead and over 13,000 wounded ( http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/ or if you prefer: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/ira...es/casualties/ ) can you really blame people for not enlisting?
That sounds like a good enough reason to me.
Then again,if you want to be a hero and wear a nice uniform.
Maybe even get a medel or two.
Plus most of all have the thanks of a greatful nation you are setting free.
(cue lots of stiring music)
You'll be missing out by not joining up.
Old 25-06-05, 10:15 AM   #23
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Young Republicans support Iraq war, but not all are willing to join the fight

young Republicans, meeting at at the GOP's Youth Convention in Madison Square Garden last September, offered reporters a variety of reasons why they support the war, but not to the extent of actually fighting it:

Quote:
"Frankly, I want to be a politician. I'd like to survive to see that," said Vivian Lee, 17, a war supporter visiting the convention from Los Angeles.
good point - if you had to go fight the war you support, you might get killed. then you can't get to do all the other things you want to do with your life...like being a politician, where maybe you too can one day send young people off to fight for a cause that you won't fight for.

Quote:
"As long as there's a steady stream of volunteers, I don't see why I necessarily should volunteer," said Lee, who has a cousin deployed in the Middle East.
as long as others are willing to go into harm's way, why should i?

Quote:
"I physically probably couldn't do a whole lot" in Iraq, said Tiffanee Hokel, 18, of Webster City, Iowa, who called the war a moral imperative. She knows people posted in Iraq, but she didn't flinch when asked why she wouldn't go.
it's a moral imperative, but not morally imperative enough for me to actually risk anything.

Quote:
"I think I could do more here," Hokel said, adding that she's focusing on political action that supports the war and the troops.
like not get shot at?

Quote:
Similarly, 20-year-old Jeff Shafer, a University of Pennsylvania student, said vital work needs to be done in the United States. There are Republican policies to maintain and protect and an economy to sustain, Shafer said.
that one's a classic - a brilliant piece of circular psuedo-con logic: i need to stay here to maintain the Republican policies that misled us into a war that i personally won't fight because i need to stay here to help maintain the policies that put us there.

kos summarizes the young GOP attitude -
Quote:
"I think we can do more here" literally translates to "I have better things to do", with a dose of "I'm too good and important to be a grunt", and a dash of "better them than me."
Attached Images

theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-05, 06:23 PM   #24
RDixon

I said a long time ago that George bush was mostly harmless, unless he stumbled us into a stupid war.
Well.....
Nuf said.
And Both houses of the US Congress are just as responsible for this ongoing mess as Bush and his minions are.
remember that when you go to vote in the next election.
And if you pass karl rove on the street, give him a hell of a slap for me.
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-05, 07:53 PM   #25
multi
Thanks for being with arse

http://www.obleek.com/iraq/index.html

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote