P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 07-10-04, 11:49 AM   #1
Sinner
--------------------

Default TNT Dust, Anemia and the Israeli Bunker Busters

In a $319 million deal, Israel is buying some 5,000 smart bombs from the United States. Included in the sale are 500 penetrating “bunker buster” bombs. These could be used against Iran's underground nuclear facilities, or the large number of underground facilities Syria has built over the years. The 500 BLU-109 bunker busters can penetrate 16 feet of concrete. The deal also includes 2,500 2,000 pound bombs, a thousand 1,000 pound bombs and 500 500 pound bombs. Meanwhile, the American plant that produces the these bombs recently halted production. It seems that high production of bombs have exposed workers to unusually high amounts of gases given off by TNT (the explosive used in most bombs.) This in turn caused many workers to develop anemia. This is a condition that is known to be caused by too much exposure to TNT fumes, but the bomb plant has not seen a case of this anemia in over 60 years. The plant will remain closed until the source of the anemia can be found. This probably won’t have an effect on the Israeli bomb order, which is not expected to be delivered until next year. In any event, Israel can take delivery of the “smart bomb” guidance kits and attach them to “dumb” bombs they already have. The only bombs the Israelis don't already have are the bunker busters, and those could be taken out of current U.S. Air Force inventories. Then again, maybe not, as the American supply of bunker busters is earmarked for use against North Korea if there should be a flare up in that part of the world.

Israel is not actually paying for the bombs, the money comes from the several billion dollars a year in economic and military aid the United States gives to Israel.
Old 10-10-04, 10:03 PM   #2
Gutrguy
Semiblind

link please...
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-04, 10:21 PM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/200410623.asp

Last edited by albed : 10-10-04 at 10:40 PM.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-04, 08:47 AM   #4
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
It seems that high production of bombs have exposed workers to unusually high amounts of gases given off by TNT (the explosive used in most bombs.)
sounds like "nitro fever."

danger patrol, 1937. i recorded this middle of the night b-movie but the tape ran short just as the pilot of the out-of-control plane packed with nitroglycerin shouts "we're heading for the school!" never did see the end and it's never been on since.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-04, 11:18 AM   #5
Sinner
--------------------

IDF kill a 13 year old girl, who was on her way to school and shoot a 10 year old girl while she sat at her desk in school.

"She was on her way to school. There was a lot of shooting that morning and when she heard it, she became hysterical. Instead of running back home she ran towards the soldiers," said Hwaydeh Salman al-Hams.

The matter became a controversy in Israel when it was determined the girl was hit by as many as 20 bullets and two Israeli soldiers charged that their commander repeatedly shot her.

The soldiers contacted Israel's largest newspaper, Yediot Ahrohnot.

"I was sure she was twelve or maybe younger. I reported it over the two-way radio," one soldier told the newspaper. He said shots were fired and the girl fell to the ground. "Then our commander shot her twice. He made sure she was dead and then, I don't know why, but he decided to turn back towards her body and unloaded a round of bullets into it ... this was the most revolting thing I have ever seen as a soldier."---From CNN

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- A 10-year-old girl is critically ill after being hit by a bullet while attending school in Gaza, Palestinian security and hospital sources said.

Palestinian security and hospital sources said Ghadir Mathmar was struck in the chest and stomach as she sat in class at her U.N.-run school in the south Gaza refugee camp of Khan Yunis.

The IDF have killed 30 children in the last few months, I guess because they don't take over a school and shoot kids like the terrorist in Russia it goes un-punished, well except for a suspension and most likely a promotion when he gets his job back.

Last edited by Sinner : 13-10-04 at 12:34 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote