P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 22-09-04, 08:20 PM   #1
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Default No mention of CBS?

I'm surprised no one mentioned the woes of CBS getting caught in a big fat scandal over falsified documents relating to President Bush's military record.

So now, it has been mentioned. Rather and Kerry are probably political toast.

It's not the only trouble CBS is in lately, the FCC just fined 20 CBS stations a total of $550,000.00 for Janet Jackson's Superbowl breast show. It's the largest fine recorded. Just peanuts for the broadcaster, but it's the thought that counts. I am actually surprised FCC imposed the fine, apparently there were large numbers of complaints filed regarding the incident.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-04, 08:38 PM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
I'm surprised no one mentioned the woes of CBS getting caught in a big fat scandal over falsified documents relating to President Bush's military record.

So now, it has been mentioned. Rather and Kerry are probably political toast.
Rather, definitely. Kerry maybe, but not because of this.

i know Rightie Radio is over the moon about it, but they're preaching to the choir, anyway. it's just not a relevant issue, like the Swift Boat Vet thing...it doesn't resonate, and in terms of the election, no reason it should.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-04, 09:32 AM   #3
Sinner
--------------------

CBS = Liberal Bias Media, always has been. So I really don't think anyone can be surprised CBS was caught making up stories about a Republican. Thats what they do. Remember the smear campaign CBS wanted to air about the Reagans?

To quote WND

What CBS is doing is truly Orwellian, exactly what the Ministry of Truth was designed to do in Orwell's "1984" – rewrite history to deceive and propagandize those who had no other source of truth.

One of the differences between Americans and our communist and Nazis enemies was said to be that we stood for truth, and that they denied and twisted truth, and lied deliberately, for their own ideological ends. Is this not exactly what Hollywood and CBS are doing with "The Reagans"?
Attached Images

Old 23-09-04, 06:07 PM   #4
Nicobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife

it's just not a relevant issue, like the Swift Boat Vet thing...it doesn't resonate, and in terms of the election, no reason it should.
Hahahahahhahaa

Was it aerosmith who sang

DREAM ON...

I guess it's ok for U to fool your self
Old 23-09-04, 08:40 PM   #5
albed
flippin 'em off

I've had to watch CBS for years because I don't get the other networks in my rural valley and I've thought for a long time that Rather was some kind of psycho-creep. He's always been really brazen in slanting the news to suit himself and it's a wonder he hasn't been ostracized by more people. I certainly wouldn't give him the time of day.

Still I have doubts that they'll can him.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-04, 09:22 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife

i know Rightie Radio is over the moon about it, but they're preaching to the choir, anyway. it's just not a relevant issue, like the Swift Boat Vet thing...it doesn't resonate, and in terms of the election, no reason it should.
If you think the Swift Boat stuff didn't resonate you're a little tone deaf.

I don't know whether "Kerry in Paris" is going to though; the media isn't biting.
Old 24-09-04, 01:16 PM   #7
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
If you think the Swift Boat stuff didn't resonate you're a little tone deaf.

I don't know whether "Kerry in Paris" is going to though; the media isn't biting.

i didn't say the Kerry thing didn't resonate - i said it wasn't relevant.

the interesting thing about the CBS flap is that the President was very careful not to deny the accounts in the questionable documents. in fact, there seems to be general agreement that, while the documents may be suspect, the accounts of preferential treatment et al are basically accurate - even from the White House:

Quote:
Q Scott, on the National Guard documents on "60 Minutes," the First Lady says she believes these are forgeries. The RNC has accused the Democratic Party of being the source of these documents. Knowing then what you know now, would you still have released those documents when you did?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, that's a hypothetical question, John. We received
those documents from a major news organization. We had every reason to
believe that they were authentic at that time. And in keeping with the spirit
of releasing documents and being open about all the documents that we have, we made those documents available to everybody else so you could look at them yourselves. Since that time there have been a number of questions that have been raised about these documents and their authenticity. There continue to be questions raised. Those are serious issues; they ought to be looked into fully. The one thing that is not under question is the timing of these orchestrated attacks by the Democrats on the President's service. These are old, recycled attacks, and the Democrats have made it clear that they intend to try to tear down the President and throw the kitchen sink at us because they can't run on John Kerry's record, and because they see him falling behind in the polls. And that's what this is about.
White House Press Secretary Scott MecLellan, Press Gaggle, 9/15/04

the document authenticity flap has obscured what seems to be an otherwise accurate story, no?
Old 24-09-04, 02:10 PM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
i didn't say the Kerry thing didn't resonate - i said it wasn't relevant.
Well I guess your grammar is subject to interpretation. But even relevant-- it showed some relevance in the poll numbers.

Quote:
the interesting thing about the CBS flap is that the President was very careful not to deny the accounts in the questionable documents.
Wow! He didn't deny something. What greater proof of guilt could a biased liberal ask for? And he was "very careful" too, can there be any possible doubt?

Quote:
the document authenticity flap has obscured what seems to be an otherwise accurate story, no?
The document was the story, unless you think making things up without any evidence is the way to write a story.
Old 24-09-04, 03:40 PM   #9
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Well I guess your grammar is subject to interpretation. But even relevant-- it showed some relevance in the poll numbers.

Wow! He didn't deny something. What greater proof of guilt could a biased liberal ask for? And he was "very careful" too, can there be any possible doubt?

The document was the story, unless you think making things up without any evidence is the way to write a story.
i'm a little confused - i thought the story was that your boy Bush played the system to avoid having to actually fight in a war. now, apparently, there is significant evidence to support this, but if you'd prefer the focus to remain on Rather and off of Bush's guard service, that's ok with me....like i said, this stuff is not particularly relevant to the election.
Old 24-09-04, 04:24 PM   #10
albed
flippin 'em off

I seldom have the bandwidth to chase links. The CBS story that this thread's about is the falsified documents that indicated Bush disobeyed direct orders.

Sorry you're confused but heck I thought you'd have gotten used to it by now.