P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 10-08-04, 06:16 AM   #1
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Default Bushonomics

Quote:
That's why you've got to be careful about this rhetoric, we're only going to tax the rich. You know who the -- the rich in America happen to be the small business owners. That's what that means. Just remember, when you're talking about, oh, we're just going to run up the taxes on a certain number of people -- first of all, real rich people figure out how to dodge taxes. (Laughter.) And the small business owners end up paying a lot of the burden of this taxation.

Source
1) the rich are small business owners
2) the 'real rich' not will not pay taxes
3) therefore... small business owners will pay taxes to compensate?

Genius. He should run for President.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-04, 08:34 AM   #2
daddydirt
even the losers

isn't he referring to Kerry/Edwards tax the rich rhetoric there?
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-04, 09:44 AM   #3
JackSpratts

i'm a small business owner and my taxes are based not on grosses but on after expense profits. beleive me, every business owner - large or small - has plenty of ways to explore write-offs. for instance, if small business's have big profit years they can average them to compensate for lean times. but in any event, if the owners evetually do "get rich," they'll get taxed like rich people under kerry. if not, they won't. i know lots of small business owners and very few are rich. most are just making it. i'm not an accountant, and all these plans are works in progress but under kerry they would probably get taxed much less than they now are under bush.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-04, 10:11 AM   #4
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Yeah, It's a tongue-in-cheek poke at Kerry that is somewhat obfuscated by removing the statements from the context in which they were originally used.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-04, 10:16 AM   #5
daddydirt
even the losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
..........i'm not an accountant, and all these plans are works in progress but under kerry they would probably get taxed much less than they now are under bush.

- js.
not according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Jack

http://www.uschamber.com/press/relea...arch/04-37.htm

Quote:
Under Kerry’s proposal, businesses that operate both in the U.S. and overseas would pay higher taxes than companies that operate exclusively inside the U.S.

“Pitting U.S. companies against each other is not wise economic policy,” said Josten. “And raising the top individual tax bracket across the board – which will hurt millions of small businesses that create most of the new jobs in America – to pay for a targeted tax cut will interrupt our economic recovery.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-04, 10:58 AM   #6
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydirt
not according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Jack

http://www.uschamber.com/press/relea...arch/04-37.htm
they said the same thing about clinton's economic policy, the one the republicans said would destroy the economy, the one the republicans voted against, the one the democrats passed, the one in other words that led to the greatest economic expansion in modern us history. the chamber of commerce has a solid record of being on the wrong side of economic policy-making going back to the 70's. they're pretty good sometimes with local stuff, but nationally they're over thier heads.

how many remember ford's idiotic "win" buttons he wanted us to wear, the ones that were supposed to mean "whip inflation now" but that wags turned upside down to say "no immediate miracles" lol?

seriously tho i don't know of any small business's with large overseas operations but i guess that depends on how you define small business anyway. i'm looking at owner-operator types, like gas stations, music stores, mom and pop contractors, that sort of thing. the ones being targetted by the latest republican fud campaigns.

it's like the estate tax scare of a few years ago. it doesn't even kick in until what, a million plus i think but the republicans renamed it the death tax and shocked really small farmers with stories of poor famillies being forced into bankruptcy when gramps kicked the bucket. when asked for specific examples of any farm famillies so endangered...they couldn't come up with a single one. it hadn't happened - they made it all up.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote