P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 24-06-04, 04:30 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default A Frank Exchange Of Views

"Fuck You" - Vice President Dick Cheney to Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy, today on the Senate floor.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Typically a break from partisan warfare, this year's Senate class photo turned smiles into snarls as Vice President Dick Cheney reportedly used a profanity toward one senior Democrat, sources said.

Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont, who was on the receiving end of Cheney's ire, confirmed that the Vice President used profanity during Tuesday's class photo.

A spokesman for Cheney confirmed there was a "frank exchange of views."
and you thought these guys weren't human

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/24/cheney.leahy
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-04, 05:35 PM   #2
JackSpratts

my my dick, i trust an apology will be forthcoming.

all about halliburton war profits. figures. cheney will be lucky to escape jail.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-04, 11:23 PM   #3
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
The story, which was recounted by several sources, goes like this:
Quote:
Cheney replied either "f--- off" or "go f--- yourself."
The "STORY", not the "Incident" or the "Encounter", albeit a telling clue in itself, was RECOUNTED by SEVERAL sources, none of whom can seem to agree, much less know what was said.

SEVERAL people witnessed this verbal exchange, but none of them can agree whether he said "fuck-off ", or "Go Fuck Yourself "? I can see how a bunch of liberals might get these two confused, they're practically identical.........like black and white.

You go Cheney, you should have bitch slapped him too! Of course then you'd have half the liberals claiming you beat him to death with a golf club and the other half saying you ran him down in the parking lot with your Limo.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-04, 12:41 AM   #4
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

^
nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-04, 06:50 AM   #5
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62

SEVERAL people witnessed this verbal exchange, but none of them can agree whether he said "fuck-off ", or "Go Fuck Yourself "? I can see how a bunch of liberals might get these two confused, they're practically identical.........like black and white.
or as theknife quoted, he said "f*ck you". which is what, something too startling for republikans to process? the point isn't the other words, the point is he used the f word on the senate floor, which had he been a liberal would've caused conservatives to demand apologies, obscenity fines and criminal investigations all while rushing through a school prayer amendemnt to the us constitution.

- js.
Old 25-06-04, 11:01 AM   #6
jcmd62
Alpha Male

So jack which of the three choices was it? Why do I hear the theme to Jeopardy? I was just poking a little fun at my liberal pals on how they can be within just a few feet of each other, witness the same exchange of words, and yet they still can't agree with each other on what some horrible republican said. So you think the conserv's would drag this out. Fair enough. Here's our chance to see what libs will do.

I have no doubt that big Dick said the F word, wouldn't doubt it for a second. Personally as I have said previously it's about time our Government joined the rest of the world in the 21st Century, and quit dancing around this 200 yr old antiquated, powdered wig mentality, like having a FUCKING cow because the Vice President said the OMFG F-word word in a "Heated" exchange on the oh so precious Senate floor. Seems a President committing adultery and sodomy in the Oval Office is just dandy with you liberals.

Of course if you click on knifes link today there seems to be a question of whether it even happened: "Did Cheney Curse Out Senator?" "ALLEGED Incident Happened On Senate Floor". How could possibly be a question or alleged if so many "sources recounted" the exchange. What is it with democrats and RECOUNTS? Here we go again, months of investigation and millions of Tax dollars later................

I think they should lock the damn doors, toss in some boxing gloves and lets start seeing some slug fests on the senate floor like our Asian friends do on a regular basis.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-04, 03:14 PM   #7
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

actually, i found the story on Drudge, who originally quoted it as i did, but then changed his headline this morning to reflect what i assume to be the ongoing debate over what was actually said...

btw, i don't see anybody having a cow about it, left or right...everybody seems to find it somewhat amusing, as i did
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-04, 03:19 PM   #8
JackSpratts

i heard bill bennett cut short his gambling juncket so he could rail against the sheer immorality of it all.

- js.
Old 25-06-04, 08:44 PM   #9
Heathcliff
One half won't do

What does anyone expect from a corporate-cock-sucking neo-nazi than to loose his cool, lash out like a wounded animal starring at his own annihilation ? Just goes to show how they are subconsciously aware that they are weak, ignorant lying thieves and losers. They have to get others to do their killing for them because they are only brave against those who can't fight back.
Old 25-06-04, 10:46 PM   #10
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Thumbs up

Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-04, 08:06 AM   #11
JackSpratts

that it happened the very week congress passed the huge increase in fines for "indecency" in broadcasts is typical of the chilling contempt they hold for any speech not their own, something at least some media outlets pointed out yesterday for a change.

- js.

"we say what we like. you say what we let you say -

don't you ever forget it!"
Old 27-06-04, 03:57 AM   #12
Heathcliff
One half won't do

GrinYes

I wonder how many sets of organs they've imported from India to keep that sneering bastard going? Jon Steward called him "an evil cyborg" the other day. Everybody laughed like hell.
Old 28-06-04, 08:51 AM   #13
Repo

Vice President Dick Cheney continued a pattern hypocrisy that has been a trademark of the Bush Administration. Cheney told Sen. Patrick J. Leahy to "Fuck yourself" on the Senate floor. Apparently he wasn't breaking Senate decorum because the Senate wasn't in session. Ironically when the Senate was in session earlier they passed a bill to increase the maximum penalty the Federal Communications Commission may issue for a decency violation on television and radio. The law would increase the maximum fine from $27,500 to $275,000 when the FCC determines a broadcaster is guilty of "obscene, indecent or profane language." Since the Senate proceedings are covered on C-SPAN Vice President Dick Cheney's profane language wouldn't cost C-SPAN a fine since the FCC does not regulate cable or satellite networks. The irony here is the Senate passes a law forbidding "obscene, indecent or profane language" on broadcast radio and television, a law that seems directly aimed at Howard Stern when Howard Stern never ever broadcasts language of the kind heard from the vice president of the United States on the floor of the United States Senate and carried live on C-SPAN...

Against Howard Stern there is plenty of outrage but where is the outrage against the foulmouthed vice president? Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist when asked by Wolf Blizter on CNN if he condoned the use of the F word in the Senate, Frist said, "I'm not going to criticize the language people use to express them self." When the Senate Majority Leader doesn't have the backbone to admonish the use of foul mouth language on the Senate floor, it only shows how low the Senate has gone and why the there needs to be a complete change in leadership in all branches of the United States government. This is a government that has one set of rules for themselves and a completely different set of rules for everyone else. The Senate has government medical coverage but the people don't. The Senate can swear but they pass laws so others cannot. The Senate sends the people off to war but the senators stay far from the battle in their comfortable homes...

Where is Republican Bill Bennett's moral outrage at Vice President Dick Cheney telling a senator to "Fuck yourself" on the Senate floor? Bennett likes to spout society's declining morals on talk shows but never seems to make it on television when it deals with the complete lack of morals by his fellow Republicans. Misleading the country into war isn't morally objectionable for Republicans and it seems telling a senator on the Senate floor to "Fuck yourself" isn't either. What Bush, Cheney, Frist and other Republicans will find out is their hypocrisy doesn't sit well with most Americans. Come November Americans will tell Bush and Cheney in Cheney's own words to go "Fuck yourself," and America will live happily ever after...
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote