P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 01-11-07, 04:31 PM   #181
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Why is it so hard to believe that a threat from Iran exists when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has repeatedly publicly stated he wants to destroy Israel and the United States?

I can point fingers at and disrespect left-wing media sources just as easily as left-wingers can point fingers at and disrespect right-wing media sources. There is at least some politically motived spin in all of them.

Quote:
With 200-300 nuclear weapons in their arsenal, Israelis enjoy a nuclear monopoly in the Middle East.
No. The source “accidentally” leaves out the fact that Pakistan is nuclear capable.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 10:46 PM   #182
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Pakistan was in South Asia, last time I looked.

but regardless.. Pakistan is probably a lot more of a potential threat to Israel and the United States, one would think?

Quote:
SWAT, Pakistan (AP) — Muslim extremists are expanding their control of northern Pakistan, challenging the U.S.-backed government of President Gen. Pervez Musharraf and adding to the lands where terrorists allied with Osama bin Laden find refuge.

Once restricted to pockets in the mountains along the Afghanistan border, radical mullahs and their followers now wield power in vast areas of northwest Pakistan. They have moved in the past few months beyond the tribal regions and into northern Pakistan cities and the Swat Valley.

The increased influence of the Islamic radicals was highlighted this week by intense fighting between local gunmen and government troops. The government said about 180 people have been killed, mostly militants, in violence including bombings, abductions and shootouts.

"I can tell you there is money coming from al-Qaida and if al-Qaida did not lead these things we couldn't fight," said Abdul Samad, a stocky militant from Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar province who serves as a liaison between Taliban groups on both sides of the border. Even during the fighting, radicals have made themselves available to speak with visiting journalists.

...more
So there we have money coming from al-Qaida, destabilizing a very dangerous country.. while in the US , we have AIPAC lobbying for taking out Iran with both sides of government equally complicit in being bribed to take their eye off the ball...again .

There is a war still being fought in neighboring Afghanistan that needs some serious attention as well
You don't seem to hear much about in the US media.. the media here covers it but only because they are picking a few of us off over there. They look like they could be doing much better if they had a little extra air and ground support to push the Taliban back before the winter sets in, but no, all the efforts are concentrated in Iraq with the focus rapidy switching to Iran.

a very interesting cartoon from the late 1800's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Money.jpg
Views:	1445
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	12963  

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 12:08 AM   #183
multi

Taliban Retreat Is Seen After an Advance Near Kandahar

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 02-11-07, 11:00 AM   #184
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Pakistan was in South Asia, last time I looked.
No. Pakistan is considered a middle eastern (Asia) country. The southern line is drawn between Pakistan and India.

http://graphicmaps.com/webimage/countrys/me.htm

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Old 02-11-07, 03:51 PM   #185
albed
flippin 'em off

Lol, you can see why multi prefers copy and paste to his own knowledge and opinions.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 09:05 PM   #186
multi

the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (Urdu: اسلامی جمہوریۂ پاکستان), is a republic in South Asia, marking the region where South Asia converges with Central Asia and the Middle East.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	south-asia-political-map.jpg
Views:	1446
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	12965  

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 02-11-07, 10:15 PM   #187
RDixon

When you start hearing about Herat in the news: The shit is about to hit the fan.
RDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 11:23 PM   #188
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

I too have the mighty power of copy and paste.

From the link in my previous post:
Quote:
The Middle East (or West Asia) sits where Africa, Asia and Europe meet. The countries of the Middle East are all part of Asia, but for clarity reasons we geographically show them here as a separate landmass.

Opinions vary as to what countries make up the modern definition of the Middle East. Historically, Armenia and Azerbaijan have been long associated with the Middle East, but in recent years, some sources now consider them to be more closely aligned with Europe based on their modern economic and political trends. We have moved in that direction, and the same applies for the island country of Cyprus, as it does for Georgia, the former Russian republic.

The African country of Egypt is still thought (by some) to be in the Middle East, as well as the northern African countries that border the Mediterranean Sea.

We attempt here to show the modern definition, but in world of geography, there are often many answers or (personal or political opinions) to what appears to be a simple question.
If you look at the map I posted, you will see that all of Pakistan is north of the most southern area of Saudi Arabia. All of Pakistan is north of the Tropic of Cancer, which forms a good line for comparison.

I really don't think Afghanistan and Pakistan should be lumped in with The Philippines, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka.

NOT recommended: trying to convince everyone in Pakistan that they are a part of India, and convince everyone in India that they are a part of Pakistan.

As the article points out, Egypt is commonly held as part of the middle east even though it’s in the African continent (not western Asia). The point is that in common usage of today, Pakistan is considered a middle eastern country.

Besides, you have to be very careful when you draw east-west bearing lines to separate North from South. Look what happened with the Mason-Dixon line in the U.S.. It was expensive, to the tune of approximately 620,000 dead in the U.S. Civil War.

Old 03-11-07, 02:08 AM   #189
multi

Good show, ol'chap
Quote:
I really don't think Afghanistan and Pakistan should be lumped in with The Philippines, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka.
Quote:
Opinions vary as to what countries make up the modern definition of the Middle East.
Opinions are like ?

Quote:
The Middle East defines a geographical area, but does not have precise defined borders. The modern definition of the region includes:Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. Egypt, with its Sinai Peninsula in Asia, is considered part of the Middle East, although most of the country lies geographically in North Africa. According to international media, North African nations without Asian links, such as Libya, Tunisia and Algeria, are increasingly being called North African. Other countries that are sometimes included in this definition are those of the Caucasus region (Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia), Cyprus,Afghanistanand North Africa (the Maghreb), Sudan, Djibouti, and Somalia.

The Middle East primarily consists of arid and semi-arid, with grasslands, rangelands, and deserts. Water shortages are a problem in many parts of the Middle East, with rapidly growing populations increasing demands for water, while salinization and pollution threaten water supplies. Major rivers, including the Nile and the Euphrates, provide sources for irrigation water to support agriculture.
Quote:
Often considered Middle Eastern

* Near East, or Levant
o Israel
o Lebanon
o Syria
o Jordan
o Iraq
* Bilad al-Sham (Historical)
o Israel
o Lebanon
o Syria
o Jordan
* Greater Syria (Historical)
o Lebanon
o Syria
o Often parts of Jordan and Israel
* Arabia or Arabian Peninsula
o Saudi Arabia
o Kuwait
o Bahrain
o Qatar
o United Arab Emirates
o Oman
o Yemen
* Persian Gulf States
o Iran (Persia)
o Arabian states except Yemen
* Egypt

Sometimes considered Middle Eastern

* Caucasus
o Azerbaijan
o Georgia
o Armenia
* Anatolia
o Turkey
* Mediterranean Sea
o Cyprus
* The Maghreb
o Morocco
o Western Sahara (SADR)
o Algeria
o Tunisia
o Libya
o Mauritania
* Central Asia
o Afghanistan
o Turkmenistan
o Uzbekistan
o Tajikistan
* Iranian plateau
o Pakistan
* Sudan
* Somalia
* Eritrea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_the_Middle_East

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 03-11-07, 08:05 AM   #190
albed
flippin 'em off

Hmmm, why didn't multi just wiki "middle east"? Maybe he did and found it wasn't to his liking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_east

Map of the Middle East today
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 10:25 AM   #191
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 12:19 PM   #192
multi

Musharraf imposes emergency rule
Police and troops have sealed off the city's political and judicial core
Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf has declared emergency rule and suspended the country's constitution.

Troops have been deployed inside state-run TV and radio stations, while independent channels have gone off air.

Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry, who condemned the moves, has been replaced and is being confined to the Supreme Court with 10 other judges.

It comes as the court was due to rule on the legality of Gen Musharraf's re-election victory in October.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7076670.stm

Iran is Bad, Pakistan is Good
  • Pakistan has a military dictator who came to power in a coup, Iran has a democratically elected President.
  • Pakistan has nuclear weapons, Iran may be acquiring the “knowledge” of nuclear, but according to El Baradei (UN’s nuclear inspector) there is no evidence of nuclear bombs.
  • Pakistan supported the Taliban and currently harbors Bin Laden, Iran was openly hostile to the Taliban. America supports Pakistan and wants to bomb Iran “back to the stone age. WTF?
  • The leader of Pakistan is the president and the leader of Iran is not.

...More

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 04-11-07 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-11-07, 12:18 AM   #193
multi

Default World Bank suspends payments for earthquake relief, sanitation and other projects

WASHINGTON, Nov. 3 — The World Bank, newly caught up in the Bush administration’s campaign against Iran, has had to suspend payments for earthquake relief, sanitation and other projects there in response to new American sanctions on leading Iranian banks, World Bank officials say.

Only $5.4 million in payments has been suspended for four projects, involving earthquake relief, water and sanitation, environment management and urban housing, the officials said, and they do not expect the suspensions to be permanent.

But the bank has no plan to resume payments because it is having trouble finding banks in Iran to handle them now that the United States has barred dealing with four of Iran’s largest banks, accusing them of involvement in terrorism, or nuclear or missile programs.

“At this point, the World Bank is looking for alternate ways to support these projects,” said a bank official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “It is unknown how difficult that might be. It is not that easy to find alternatives. We have no answer on how or when at this point.”

American officials said they hoped that the decision by the World Bank would increase pressure on Iran, not necessarily by stopping humanitarian projects but by dramatizing the country’s economic isolation in light of its refusal to suspend uranium enrichment and negotiate with the West over its nuclear program.

The World Bank step, while small, illustrates the extraordinary reach of American sanctions, even though they were imposed unilaterally after the United States was stymied in its recent efforts to get the United Nations Security Council to approve wider penalties.

The payments for the World Bank projects have all gone through Bank Melli, one of Iran’s largest banks, but Bank Melli was accused last month by the United States of being involved in nuclear proliferation and terrorism. Also listed were two other institutions, Bank Mellat and Bank Saderat. Bank Saderat had already been listed by United States as being involved in financing terrorism.

Some Congressional critics of the administration’s Iran policies have called on the United States to block World Bank aid programs for Iran altogether. The World Bank has nine active projects in Iran and, by last year, had financed 48 operations worth about $3.4 billion, according to the bank’s Web site.

The effect of the United States’ listing four major Iranian banks is that no American bank is allowed to facilitate any dollar-based transaction between them and any other bank in the world.

The Security Council has adopted two resolutions, one last year and another this year, calling on a freeze of assets in Iran deemed to be linked to its nuclear and ballistic missile programs. The aim of the resolutions is to get Iran to suspend its uranium enrichment activities, which Western experts say are part of a secret program to make a nuclear bomb.

Only one Iranian bank, Bank Sepah, has been identified by the Security Council as involved in nuclear and ballistic missile programs. According to information circulating among members of the Security Council, the bank has all but ceased to function.

Bank Saderat, Bank Melli and Bank Mellat have been listed only by the United States. But Western diplomats, citing official information circulating in Europe and the United States, say that most major banks in Europe have ceased working or are winding down their business with them.

In addition, the diplomats said the Dutch, French, Italian and German governments had begun reducing their state credits promoting trade with Iran. The Bush administration, however, is pressing them to do more.

Administration officials say they have pressed more than 40 banks worldwide to stop doing business with Iran, and most have taken at least some steps. But banks in the Persian Gulf, China and other parts of Asia have continued, and in some cases have filled the gap left by the absence of Western banks.

World Bank officials could not say whether the bank would turn to these institutions to help ease payments for the projects in Iran.

New York Times

Experts say there is no conclusive evidence that Iran is developing a nuclear-weapons program.

WASHINGTON --
Despite President Bush's claims that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons that could trigger ''World War III,'' experts in and out of government say there's no conclusive evidence that Tehran has a nuclear-weapons program.

Even his own administration appears divided about the immediacy of the threat.

While Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney speak of an Iranian weapons program as a fact, Bush's point man on Iran, Undersecretary of State Nicholas Burns, has attempted to ratchet down the rhetoric.

''Iran is seeking a nuclear capability . . . that some people fear might lead to a nuclear-weapons capability,'' Burns said in an interview Oct. 25 on PBS.

''I don't think that anyone right today thinks they're working on a bomb,'' said another U.S. official, who requested anonymity because of the issue's sensitivity.

Outside experts say the operative words are ``right today.''

They say Iran may have been actively seeking to create a nuclear-weapons capacity in the past and still could break out of its current uranium-enrichment program and start a weapons program.

They, too, lack definitive proof, butcite a great deal of circumstantial evidence.

OVERSTATEMENTS?

Bush's rhetoric seems hyperbolic compared with the statements by his senior aides and outside experts.

''I've told people that if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them [Iran] from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon,'' he said Oct. 17 at a news conference.

''Our country, and the entire international community, cannot stand by as a terror-supporting state fulfills its grandest ambitions,'' Cheney warned on Oct 23. ``We will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon.''

Bush and Cheney's allegations are under close scrutiny because their similar allegations about an Iraqi nuclear program proved to be wrong.

Nevertheless, there are many reasons to be skeptical of Iran's claims that its nuclear program is intended exclusively for peaceful purposes, including its dealings with a Pakistani dealer in black-market nuclear technology and the fact that it concealed its uranium-enrichment program from a U.N. watchdog agency for 18 years.

''Many aspects of Iran's past nuclear program and behavior make more sense if this program was set up for military rather than civilian purposes,'' Pierre Goldschmidt, a former U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency deputy director general, said in a speech Oct. 30.

NO HARD EVIDENCE

If conclusive proof exists, however, Bush hasn't revealed it. Nor have four years of IAEA inspections.

''I have not received any information that there is a concrete active nuclear-weapons program going on right now,'' IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei asserted in an interview Oct. 31 with CNN.

''There is no smoking-gun proof of work on a nuclear weapon, but there is enough evidence that points in that direction,'' said Mark Fitzpatrick of the London-based International Institute of Strategic Studies, a former deputy assistant secretary of state for nonproliferation controls.

New light may be shed when the IAEA reports this month on whether Iran is fulfilling an August accord to answer all outstanding questions about the enrichment program it concealed from the U.N. watchdog agency.

Its report is expected to focus on Iran's work with devices that spin uranium hexafluoride gas to produce low-enriched uranium for power plants or highly enriched uranium for weapons.

Iran asserts that it's working only with the P1, an older centrifuge that it admitted buying in 1987 from an international black-market network headed by A.Q. Khan, the father of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.

But IAEA inspectors determined that Iran failed to reveal that it had obtained blueprints for the P2, a centrifuge twice as efficient as the P1, from the Khan network in 1995.

Iranian officials say they did nothing with the blueprints until 2002, when they were given to a private firm that produced and tested seven modified P2 parts, then abandoned the effort.

IAEA inspectors, however, discovered that Iran sought to buy thousands of specialized magnets for P2s from European suppliers, and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said last year that research on the centrifuges continued.

The IAEA has been stymied in trying to discover the project's scope, fueling suspicions that the Iranian military may be secretly running a P2 development program parallel to the civilian-run P1 program at Natanz.

NOTE: For several months, the Bush administration has been ratcheting up its rhetoric toward Iran, accusing its government of trying to develop a nuclear weapon.

The administration has imposed new economic sanctions on Iranian businesses and suggested that military action may be needed if the Iranians don't shut down their nuclear program. But global opinion differs on what threat -- if any -- Iran's nuclear program poses.

Over the next several weeks, McClatchy will examine key questions surrounding the Bush administration's confrontation with Iran.

Miami Herald

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 05-11-07, 02:19 PM   #194
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Bahrain's crown prince, in interviews to British newspapers published yesterday, said Iran is developing atomic weapons or the capability to do so. This is the first time an Arab state in the Persian Gulf has openly accused Tehran of lying about its contentious nuclear plan, the Times of London said.
http://www.digg.com/world_news/Bahra...veloping_nukes

A worthy question remains unanswered:
Quote:
Why is it so hard to believe that a threat from Iran exists when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has repeatedly publicly stated he wants to destroy Israel and the United States?

Old 05-11-07, 03:23 PM   #195
multi

ah, not sure... possibly The Israel lobby, Neo-Malthusians and The Jesus Landing Pad

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 06-11-07, 09:54 AM   #196
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Riiiiiiight.

Old 06-11-07, 10:24 AM   #197
multi

He has also repeatedly said there is no plans for attacking Israel or the US but that doesn't amount to anything apparently.

anyway...
Ali Khamenei has much more power in Iran than the president and last I heard he told Ahmadinejad to 'stay out of all matters nuclear'

Interview with Khamenei

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 06-11-07, 10:51 AM   #198
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Personally I didn't find it a worthy question, but I'll "answer" it.

I'm not going to defend Ahmadinejad and he's definitely engaged in some saber rattling, but claiming he's "repeatedly stated he wants to destroy the United States" is inaccurate and, I suspect, simply designed to be inflammatory. Go ahead and dig up the handful of unrepeated quotes on which your conclusion is based (pertaining to the US) and I think you'll appear fairly hysterical.

You prove your point well enough though--it certainly must not be hard to believe Iran is a threat when you're willing to seize on a few oblique comments and posturing and ignore a lot of other facts. Of course we already know how "easy it is to believe" just about anything if you get the fear mongering really pumped; we all remember how it went with Iraq.

But I'll leave you to argue the really important questions, such as where Pakistan is.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 11:42 AM   #199
Sinner
--------------------

From Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

“There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world, ... The World without Zionism. Anybody who recognises Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nations' fury [and] is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world.” (source)

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?...&id=2150862005

"Israel must be wiped off the map" (source)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...27/wiran27.xml

"America was free to sever its ties with Iran, but it remains Iran's decision to re-establish relations with America." (source)

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GF21Ak04.html

"Our enemies can deal a blow to us any time they wish. They do not wait for permission to do this. They do not deal a blow with prior notice. They did not take action because they can't." (source)

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....ticle_id=16353

"The wave of the Islamic revolution will soon reach the entire world." (source)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9352275/from/RL.3/

“Iran is ready to transfer nuclear know-how to the Islamic countries due to their need.” (source)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9352275/from/RL.3/

Here is a quote from the Canadian Islamic Congress this week:

"The Canadian Islamic Congress is congratulating Iran on having produced low-level enriched nuclear fuel this week, calling the achievement "an important step forward" in improving the country's long term economic well-being." (CIC release)

http://www.canadianislamiccongress.c...que.php?id=753

August 28, 2007

"Zionists are people without any religion. They are lying about being Jewish because religion means brotherhood, friendship and respecting other divine religions…

They are an organized minority who have infiltrated the world. They are not even a 10,000-strong organization."

(At a news conference in Tehran)

August 18, 2007

"The Zionist regime is the flag bearer of violation and occupation and this regime is the flag of Satan. …It is not unlikely that this regime be on the path to dissolution and deterioration when the philosophy behind its creation and survival is invalid."

(Address to an international religious conference in Tehran)

June 3, 2007

"With God's help, the countdown button for the destruction of the Zionist regime has been pushed by the hands of the children of Lebanon and Palestine . . . By God's will, we will witness the destruction of this regime in the near future."

(Speech, as quoted by the Fars News Agency)

March 21, 2007

"It is quite clear that a bunch of Zionist racists are the problem the modern world is facing today. They have access to global power and media centers and seek to use this access to keep the world in a state of hardship, poverty and grudge and strengthen their rule. The great nation of Iran is opposed to this inhuman trend. Of course, the Iranian nation will stick to its rightful stance. The Zionists and their supporters do not know that they are using failed approaches to take on human values, human civilization, nations and the great nation of Iran. Admitting the right of the dear Iranian nation and submitting to justice and the rule of law are the best way to salvation and the best way out of the deadlocks they have created for themselves."

(from a recorded New Year's message aired on Iranian television)

February 28, 2007

"The Zionists are the true manifestation of Satan . . . Many Western governments that claim to be pioneers of democracy and standard bearers of human rights close their eyes over crimes committed by the Zionists and by remaining silent support the Zionists due to their hedonistic and materialistic tendencies."

(to a meeting of Sudanese Islamic scholars in Khartoum)

December 12, 2006

"Thanks to people's wishes and God's will the trend for the existence of the Zionist regime is downwards and this is what God has promised and what all nations want…Just as the Soviet Union was wiped out and today does not exist, so will the Zionist regime soon be wiped out"

(Comments to Iran's Holocaust Conference)

November 29, 2006

"What have the Zionists done for the American people that the US administration considers itself obliged to blindly support these infamous aggressors? Is it not because they have imposed themselves on a substantial portion of the banking, financial, cultural and media sectors?"
(Letter from Ahmadinejad "to the American people")

November 13, 2006

"Israel is destined for destruction and will soon disappear"
Israel is "a contradiction to nature, we foresee its rapid disappearance and destruction."

October 19, 2006

"The Zionist regime is counterfeit and illegitimate and cannot survive"
(as quoted by Iranian state television)

August 6, 2006

"They (Israel) kill women and children, young and old. And, behind closed doors, they make plans for the advancement of their evil goals."
(as quoted by Khorasan Provincial TV)

To find more go here;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4616336.stm
Old 06-11-07, 11:46 AM   #200
Sinner
--------------------

For Fun...

Columbia Speech.

SPEAKER: IRANIAN PRESIDENT MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD [*]

AHMADINEJAD (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): In the name of God, the compassionate, the merciful...

TRANSLATOR: The president is reciting verses from the holy Koran in Arabic.

AHMADINEJAD (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): Oh, God, hasten the arrival of Imam al-Mahdi and grant him good health and victory and make us his followers and those to attest to his rightfulness.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092401042.html

UN Speech;

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

"From the beginning of time, humanity has longed for the day when justice, peace, equality and compassion envelop the world. All of us can contribute to the establishment of such a world. When that day comes, the ultimate promise of all Divine religions will be fulfilled with the emergence of a perfect human being who is heir to all prophets and pious men. He will lead the world to justice and absolute peace.

"O mighty Lord, I pray to you to hasten the emergence of your last repository, the promised one, that perfect and pure human being, the one that will fill this world with justice and peace.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/li...918-irna02.htm

“Mahdi prayer mongering,” he snickered in his hidden message to America and likewise in his additional hardly noticed messages of intent, announced to the world, at the UN, saying, in the code of the “Shia Twelver Madhdi about the “Zulfiqar,” “The nuclear debate over Iran is now closed.'

Encompassing in both messages a traditional Islamic warning to an enemy, sent but wholly ignored in the ignorance of their true meanings, is this Shia Iranian Twelver movement of a divine calling, for the “victorious return of the Mahdi, and, from that, the coming of that Theocratic Caliph, the promised new world order that will cleansed the world of the “disobeyers” which will result in a United Islamic World Nation.

It is within both of his “warnings” that is the message, so unnoticed, but which is proclaimed as the self assumed destiny of these Iranian Theocratic prophets. A warning of an unwavering focus on the politico-religious dimensions of a Shi'as believe that Muhammad al-Mahdi will reappear, when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war among all the human race, so that then, the Madhdi and his legends of the faithful obeyors can cleanses the world of the non-obeying unbelievers. By thus, creating a United World Islamic Nation which is the destiny of the Shias Twelver Prophets.

At its core is the Iraq were we infidels now stand, from which Shia prophecy dictates, the black flags of Karbala must arise and march to Mecca. Then and only then, can Muhammad al-Mahdi , the guided one, come wielding God's Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, the Zulfiqar (Arabic: ذو الفقار, ðū l-fiqār), or the mythical Double-Bladed Sword of God.

Shi’as according to the Propehtics who now rule Iran must both control Iraq’s Karbala and have this mighty sword of Zulfigar, the bomb, in order to fulfill their self-assumed destiny as the current day leaders of this Twelver Shi'as movement.

A movement which assumes it is destine to cleanse the world of the unbelievers and bring all the world into the fold of a new Islamic Caliph (pronounced khaleef in Arabic) world order, in a united Global Islamic nation.

Of course we have this doomoracy of denial that does not grasp who will need to be cleansed, if at all. Thinking even if it true, only the ignorant and disobedient of their views and ideology of denial will be effected or there is nothing to fear, but Bush and well, really anyone else who disagrees with them.

Of course, they could be wrong and the cleansing mentioned as a needed act of prophecy, is, of course, us, them and the other nearly 4.7 billion non-Islamic believers in this world.