P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-01-07, 02:57 PM   #17
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDixon View Post
No.
I meant that prior post made by you was devoid of even pseudo intellectuality.
Perhaps you were PWI?
You did quote Harry Reid you know, and he pretty much said he couldn't give two shits about increasing the minimum wage. He'd rather pass a non-binding anti-war resolution, one which will give the front runner for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination a chance to go on record. theknife's amateur, uninformed diagnosis of my mental pathology not withstanding, I was simply probing the Dems' motives. I mean, they know they can't stop the surge or even postpone it, they can't change the president's strategy, they can't even alter public opinion. So the pending resolution is a purely political move, and the timing is likely not a coincidence. They're playing a long game and the prize is a Democrat, any Democrat, in the White House two years from today, and nothing matters more to them. I'm sure they'd prefer to give Bush the opportunity to veto their minimum wage bill so they can play it against the Republican party, but they have bigger fish to fry.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote