P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 19-11-04, 03:08 AM   #1
slavexp

NoSmiley Leech hamer woes (for a dler)

I don't know while using winmx you get these leech hamer users that just don't let you dl anything I'm runing mx unlimited and I still get kicked as soon as its my turn am I right to think this program actually can be used or set to a leeches benefit to give the impression of sharing seting the program so that nobody actually ever can dl anything ?
slavexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 03:26 AM   #2
albed
flippin 'em off

I don't know about leech hammer specifically but I've seen plenty of users setup to have downloaders cycle through their queue, time-out and go back to the end. One that answered my message said his firewall did it. Others had really feeble download rates that went to zero after a minute and timed-out. I've thought about ways to do it without showing on a whois but I can't think of any way to stop it or retaliate. I hope the developers are doing something with the next version to at least give more info on users like that.

Had some fun times lately with dumber leeches who just cancel everyone in their queue. I just get comfortable and hit retry every time I'm canceled and after 5 or 10 minutes they either let me download or they get off the network.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 12:45 PM   #3
napho
Dawn's private genie

It's probably best to join a room in WinMX and download that way. The program's been around for a long time and people have learned how to play games with honest file sharers.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-04, 04:56 PM   #4
slavexp

yayaya

thanks for your replys

again shows that something to stop something can be used to do exactly what meant to stop lol

with emule its harder because of its sort of tracking of users giving back when you download and upload to them. if you are fair to the source they are fair to you. not perfect I know but then again what is
slavexp is offline   Reply With Quote