P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 22-12-04, 10:33 PM   #1
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink Your thoughts and visions on the next generation p2p

A lot has happened in p2p technology during the first five years of its existence. Ever since the Big Bang of Napster we have been witnessing a rapid evolutionary process where a variety of different approaches, different networks and protocols, different clients and services have popped up and started to compete for the attention and the resources (bandwidth, content, computing power) of the downloading masses.

The diversity of environments and approaches has clearly been beneficial for the p2p technology. It has allowed a simultaneous development of several different core ideas and technologies like decentralization, supernodes, swarming, encryption, proxying. These technologies are now starting to mature, bearing fruit in the form of worked out and field tested solutions and software components. These will be the building blocks to be used by the designers of the next generation p2p – of course together with some fresh innovations of their own.

Where does it evolve from here? What are your thoughts and visions on the next generation p2p? What kind of network topologies and client architectures do you expect to see? What kind of social structures, identity schemes and trust systems do you expect to be developed? Do you envision new, exciting application areas, media types, modes of communication?

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-04, 03:44 AM   #2
multi
Thanks for being with arse

i would like to see a new p2p app with a public space that was
protected by a different type of key pair exchange to waste or anything currently being used..
then have the darknets inside that like release groups
and verifcation groups that can release the confirmed
file to the punters that mostly reside
in the public area to a verified list of current files
probably published with xml to a browser part of the p2papp
a network that was encrypted perhaps a little like fast track a little like mute or ants
a sort of bubble of encryption that has other layers inside
it like a packet or russian dolls..a whole network of dedicated transport ,network ,ip and data-link layers
only accessible by ppl with their
verified public key

how does this stop the riaa from just joining the public space and identifying the ppl in the groups..ect
good question i am glad you asked...
i am of the mind that using the internet anonamously
is never what it was designed for
so i have to leave that bit up to the designers of what ever particular app that comes about like this...
maybe if was open source and used the lists from the blocklist groups
intergrated a protowall type of protection into it and updated the lists
via the network..it might offer some protection that would come from corporate ip's
once inside i believe if done right it would be impossible to trace the ip of a user unless they were able to pose as trusted people get into the groups and get past the first line of defence..even then maybe they could get a list of that users shares but not the ip of the computer they were shared from..
an encrypted bubble may be burst easily but if the structure under that is also strong maybe it could prove futile to persue users ips

i like that early startrek eps or maybe a movie where they used a type of cloaking device that
sent 50 different enterprises into the area where they where being attacked or was it the other way around
might of been klingons bird of prey ships..now that i come to think of it
but if you get my drift something like that..
that if an ip gets traced to a certain point in the network it could send back a different ip or something like that..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote