P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-01-04, 05:55 PM   #7
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
WinAmp 3 was a mess - the question is, is 5 better than 2.91?
I'm starting to think so. It's a little bloated, not as bad as v3, but it still doesn't start as quickly as 2.91. The new skin is pretty slick with the integrated Vis/Video window, more like WMP, but it's detachable like 2.91. It tends to use a lot of memory (possibly even has a memory leak), but its cpu time is negligible on my machine. The new Signal Prosessing Studio is pretty spiffy, sorta like the AVS but for audio. I'll have to play with it and see what it can do. Internet TV works way better in v5 than in 2.91, buffer underruns don't cause that screeching deafening noise, though it still doesn't handle streaming video as gracefully as WMP. I've only played with the bundled skin so I don't know what else it can do, but from what I understand it's much more capable than the v2 series ever was (which means it't more complicated to make a skin so there won't be nearly as many available). So overall it has its share of cons, but I think it has a good deal of pros too.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote