P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 23-05-03, 01:21 AM   #1
mp3newsbot

Shy Puretunes

Hi. (I'm new. I hope I'm posting this in the right place.)

I was just wondering if any of you were able to try Puretunes, or if you know anybody who did, or if you have seen any threads about people who have tried it. I'm curious to know if it is as good as the news reports made it sound.

Taking from the fact that no news reports I've read even linked to them, I suppose that must be because Puretunes is only available for spanish residents -- either that, or every news writer out there is too biased not to link to a "legal" service that is making the RIAA upset. The URL is obvious, but anyway, not the point.

I just wanted to hear from someone who is actually using it. I'm curious, because legal or not, their (business) model is definitely different, and from what it seems, attractive.

Anyone?...

Thanks. :)
Old 23-05-03, 01:26 AM   #2
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

I pish on pay services..

Just someone else trying to make a buck off free stuff..

Š

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-03, 06:16 AM   #3
napho
Dawn's private genie

This thing is run by Grokster so it might be a way of taking advantage of their users' bandwidth; kind of like BDE or Kontiki. Just use Kazaa++ to access the same content for free.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-03, 08:59 AM   #4
JackSpratts

hi mp3newsbot and welcome to the napsterites p2p-zone! i hope you find the forums friendly and helpfull.

i've posted some information about this weeks developments at puretunes (about 1/2 way down the page).

while not operating at the moment i think it's safe to say this is what happens when a vacuum is created. since it's easier to get music out of an riaa executive with pliers and entrenching tools than it is with “legal downloads”, somebody somewhere will rush in to fill the void...and worry about the details later. many media businesses started this way (read "all"). entrepreneurs began selling content and tickets before they were completely square on the rights. by the time the lawsuits began, these guys were in strong positions and it took acts of congress to straighten things out. in the meantime they'd started empires, and fortunes were made.

i expect the spaniard’s read his history.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote