P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 19-03-04, 12:54 AM   #1
VWguy
Japanamation junkie

Default Block the RIAA

PeerGuardian is a free program that hides your file sharing from known RIAA informants.

By Kevin Rose

You have a firewall to keep out hackers, so why not have a firewall to keep out the RIAA? If you're running Windows, PeerGuardian does just that.

Keep RIAA informants off your case

Each time you launch PeerGuardian , it downloads the latest list of known RIAA informants and blocks them from connecting to your computer. The list contains hundreds of known IP-address ranges the RIAA has used to catch file swappers.

Does PeerGuardian offer 100 percent protection? No. If an unknown RIAA informant sneaks through, you're still busted.

Remember, the best way to not get caught is to not share pirated files. Support the musicians or movies you love and pick up a CD or DVD. Then share it. (Just kidding.)

Grab PeerGuardian now. It's free!

I have not used it yet but I will sometime this week.

from

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. -Robin Williams

Your future in a nutshell.
VWguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-04, 05:27 AM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

i've used it for a while - it gives you some sense of security, real or imagined

it also took me a while to figure out why i could no longer access certain sites like Adobe or CBC - PeerGuardian's IP block covers such a broad range that it's seems likely anybody who is in the entertainment or software industry might be on the list.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 05:11 AM   #3
multi
Thanks for being with arse

i use protowall sometimes when i am paranoid..peerguardian is good too

i like protowall it runs like a service..
but it dont update the blocklist

yeh it stops alot of web pages from different places loading..but i only run these things when i am using a large network p2p app..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 04:16 PM   #4
CORRUPTERBUSTER
Apprentice Napsterite

Default National Security

I sometimes wonder about all this mess. I have kind of got the I don’t care theory. I feel that they have bigger fish to fry then me. I mean, so what if they are knocking on your door the best thing you can do is give up the goods and go to court get fined a zillion dollars file for bankruptcy, buy a new computer and start over again. I figure if they want you that bad they will come after you. It is kind of like dying, when your number comes up, it comes up.
CORRUPTERBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-04, 04:47 PM   #5
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Re: National Security

Quote:
Originally posted by CORRUPTERBUSTER
I sometimes wonder about all this mess. I have kind of got the I don’t care theory. I feel that they have bigger fish to fry then me. I mean, so what if they are knocking on your door the best thing you can do is give up the goods and go to court get fined a zillion dollars file for bankruptcy, buy a new computer and start over again. I figure if they want you that bad they will come after you. It is kind of like dying, when your number comes up, it comes up.
CB, i like your attitude

loved your interview in the main forum as well - don't know where you came from, but i'm sure glad they sent you
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote