P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 08-06-05, 06:32 AM   #1
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Scream Jo Whiley and John Legend

I've just driven back from a meeting on the other side of the district, through rolling green hills and winding country lanes. It was a beautiful day, warm weather and all the rest that make a gret English summer's day. I switched the radio from the local dance/RnB stuff over to Radio 1 and Jo Whiley had John Legend on the show. I'd heard her mention his name a few times before over the past few weeks and how he was "amazing", "brilliant", "extremely talented", blah, blah, blah...

I'd also heard his track "Ordinary People" and thought it was OK, but nothing special.

Then she mentioned that he was in the 'live lounge', which is basically what Jo Whiley's show is about - she gets top artists in and gets them to sing their latest single or a classic live. She also requests that they do a cover of another artist's track of their choosing.

He was fucking amazing.

Listen to the show recording here (skip to 2hrs 10mins-ish): http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley...allery/1.shtml

Proper shivers-up-your-spine stuff.

Recorded shows are usually only available for about 2 weeks after transmission, so have a listen now.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003

Last edited by tambourine-man : 08-06-05 at 06:47 AM.
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 10:03 AM   #2
JackSpratts

wonderful song. thanks for that tam. legend obviously spent some time listening to stevie wonder and it shows. it's like a draft of something intended for the fulfillingness' first finale sessions, never finished back then but demo'd now by legend for a possible stevie wonder tribute cd. be fascinating to hear wonder open it up.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 11:09 AM   #3
broadwayrock
woof woof

Cant stand that woman so i never listen to her show.

Im a fan of Stevie Wonder during his 'peak period' so ill check out John Legend soon.
broadwayrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 12:52 AM   #4
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Apparently, he was playing the piano by age 4 and was trained predominantly in Gospel singing/music. Just completely blew me away. His take on Lauren Hill's "X Factor" (a couple of minutes after Ordinary People) is pretty ace.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote