P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 02-03-02, 02:42 PM   #41
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

i agree with the idea to make the movie site(s) more "p2p-international"
i. e. there is a site for the edonkey (http://www.sharereactor.com/) - maybe you get some inspiration.

i think most p2p systems use a hash value maybe we can extend to some of them.

as for the movie details - for now i do not know how to extract them, but they are more or less open formats and maybe there is already some code available. if anybody is expert herein - there is no problem to share my code (it's rather undocumented) for further development.

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-02, 02:43 AM   #42
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:30 PM.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-02, 01:32 PM   #43
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Thanks for the script, but I think I'm going to just drop geocities and have everyone be redirected to angelfire. Geo has drastically reduced their free server features. Also, according to their stats less then 1% of my viewers use browsers older 5.0. I'm sorry for those who still have the older browsers, but geo is really making it a pain for me to update the website with their new restrictions.

Quote:
but it doesn't seem like youve had any bandwidth problems with geocities yet
Geo was going down almost everyday until I added the angelfire mirror site. For the time being I'm going to make another angelfire site as the new mirror. I did try researching some of the banner free ads you gave me a link to, but a lot of them weren't working (signups for new users didn't go through), or had very limited free server features, or didn't exist anymore.

Oh well, problems come with the territory of using free servers. The banner ads aren't as annoying as long as they don't flash. The pop-ups can be eliminated with freeware programs that kills them. I don't know how long it is going to work out at angelfire, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-02, 01:56 PM   #44
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

hey john,
congratulation to your new p2p FT logo - looks good.
but one thing: on the left it reads
  • - Grokster/Kazaa -
but there are actually 3 clients on the FT net, what is with the client of the users @fileshare - nobody tells me what client it is - i should have its registry entries also for my sig2dat.

nobody there, who ever was a napsterite@fileshare ?

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-02, 02:12 PM   #45
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by indiana_jones
hey john,
congratulation to your new p2p FT logo - looks good.

Thanks indy...the Morpheus Info name didn't exactly fit anymore.

Quote:
but one thing: on the left it reads
  • - Grokster/Kazaa -
but there are actually 3 clients on the FT net, what is with the client of the users @fileshare - nobody tells me what client it is - i should have its registry entries also for my sig2dat.

nobody there, who ever was a napsterite@fileshare ?

indy
From what I've heard fileshare was another program trying to use the FastTrack network, but it didn't really get enough users. I vaguely remember a rumor saying that they didn't have permission to access the FastTrack network, so they didn't get a lot of support. I think a hanful of people still use it and they somehow have access to FastTrack but I don't think there is a lot of them, so you don't have to worry about making your program work for them. I did a search on Cnet and they said that the program isn't available anymore. Maybe someone is keeping it alive, but it doesn't look like they are an official memeber of the FastTrack programs.

Maybe someone else knows more about this??
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-02, 06:25 PM   #46
Mowzer
'

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-03-02, 04:09 AM   #47
Mowzer
'

Default Update...

Last edited by Mowzer : 23-06-02 at 09:32 PM.