P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 24-05-02, 11:58 PM   #1
relic
gone for good

Default RIAA sues Audiogalaxy

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...iaa_crosshairs
relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-02, 07:44 PM   #2
assorted
WAH!

Cry

well that just sucks. audiogalaxy is the only way for me to find the music i like. shit.
Old 25-05-02, 09:18 PM   #3
JackSpratts

this is how the riaa responds to those who try to please them and work with them. regardless of anything implied or inferred the lesson is simple: the riaa appears to have no intentions whatsoever of co-existing with anything that competes with the distribution business of their clients; the labels and artists. as ag should've known. as they know now beyond a doubt. p2p filters are pointless. like shoutcast blocking web radio streamripping is pointless. it's your business or the riaas'. it won't be both. that could not be more clear and reason enough why they're considered a tumor on the internet.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-02, 04:55 PM   #4
moogspaceport

AG has been the prime target for some time now. They are the only sharing service headquartered in the US, and they do not have funds to fight this suit in court. Unfortunately, they are the only service I've used with a significant amount of rare tracks on it, and their groups function was a killer service to users trying to expand their music experience. Hopefully a newer, better app will come when AG falls....
Old 27-05-02, 05:11 PM   #5
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Welcome aboard moogspaceport - enjoy your stay at Napsterites!

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-02, 10:01 PM   #6
assorted
WAH!

Quote:
Originally posted by moogspaceport
Unfortunately, they are the only service I've used with a significant amount of rare tracks on it,
absolutely. it's the only community that had tracks i wanted 100% of the time. i hope when AG goes down everyone keeps filesharing somewhere or else i'm going to be stuck with downloading the backstreet boys on winmx :-/
Old 28-05-02, 06:23 AM   #7
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

I'm suprised it took this long I predict this will be a very fast case and AudioGalaxy will not win and kick much less than Napster.
The filtering may have bought them some time but it was little more than a slap in the face to redirect users to others services that offered filtered files
AudioGalaxy clearly knows who has what files Thats flubbing "defeat the RIAA rule # 1."
Kinda old news now but it just made headline news "cnn" this morning
AweShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-02, 09:04 AM   #8
moogspaceport

I am trying to be optimistic about the whole thing. I feel confident that more programs will show up with AG-like features. I know there is definitely a market for rare, bootlegged, and strange music... case in point, my group Moog Spaceport, which offers only old synthesizer music, has around 70 members. Not a lot to be sure, but a good example of how not everyone is looking for Pink Floyd, Eminem, and Shania Twain. I wish there was a way to deepen your searches on gnutella-based clients... I know the music I like is out there, it's just a matter of finding it before searches time-out. Anyway, the Napster-inspired revolution lives on, and I'm sure that something better will come along!
Old 29-05-02, 09:53 AM   #9
jaan

Quote:
Originally posted by moogspaceport
I am trying to be optimistic about the whole thing. I feel confident that more programs will show up with AG-like features.
i'm also sure they will. however, note that the advanced features AG was able to provide had a lot to do with the fact that it had a central server in their architecture. once you remove the central server you can rely on, things get much more difficult engineering-wise.

- jaan
jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-02, 10:00 AM   #10
twinspan
- a rascal -

Location: for security reasons, never the same as the President's

Time AG moved to Sealand and make use of their data haven.

Nice acceptable use policy.

================
All hail Prince Roy!
twinspan is offline   Reply With Quote