P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 07-03-02, 03:12 PM   #1
fogelbise

Default New change in Fasttrack stats

Everyone who has used Grokster or Kazaa 1.5 has probably noticed the new calculation of the number of users on line. With the new method, it often shows over 1 million users online.

I hope that I am not repeating anything posted recently. But over the last 3 days, the # of files and Total gigabytes have been showing much higher than before this 3 day period.

Here is what i showed last:

1,112,612 users 171,073,00 (171,073k) files & 1,016,656GB

previous discussions
Quote:
I'm seeing 1.06 million users, sharing 1951K files. And while the number of users seems to be climbing, the amount of files stays the same.
Quote:
And although it now shows more users you also see a lot fewer files... (Note: today it is much higher then the 1.5 - 2 million I was seeing, as I write this it is over 37 million!! - but users is only 450,000)
those quotes are since they changed the way they calculate. did they change again? users seems the same as right after release of version 1.5.

so 1,951,000, 37million...now 171 million files?

anyone else notice this or have insight into the reason.
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-02, 04:51 PM   #2
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

The FastTrack stats have always been rather irrelevant due to the limited connectivity of the individual nodes. If you see only a small fraction of other users with your searches the total figures for users and shared content (whether real or calculated) are just figures. The actual search results can give you a gut feeling of how many users you are really connected to but exact figures are anybody's guess.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-02, 05:15 PM   #3
fogelbise

very true...hopefully though it shows the potential of such a vast userbase...if they ever get everyone better connected in future versions.
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote