P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

View Poll Results: Will you return to the Morpheus Disscusion Forum
Wont Waste Time There anymore 3 75.00%
Yeah! I will give them another chance 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-02, 09:50 AM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Screwy OK now SC4um is about to reincarnate......

I ask the question again.......................What say ye,will you /wont you help out
(they can be real sucky when they want to be)
Help us build the new Morpheus
Over the next few weeks we want to hear from you about how to make your new Morpheus software the peer-to-peer product you want it to be. We will be showing you new Morpheus logos, introducing new communication features and asking you for feedback about the new software. Keep your eyes open as each day we post new information
My RESPONSE:
Over the last few months we(the users)have wanted to hear from you(MC) about how to make Morpheus software a peer-to-peer product we all want it to be. We will be showing you new Morpheus rants,raves ,flames and slagoffs at the new communication features and asking you to stop bullshitting us about the new software. why should we Keep our eyes open as each day you post new information only now that a new user base is needed to reform your hacked and neuterd network(largly due to THEM)

Morpheus Discussion
Did you know you can use the Morpheus Discussion boards to discuss issues and get answers to questions? Over the next few weeks, this will be the best place for you and the other users of the network to communicate.
RESPONSE:
Yeah sure ....i was starting to miss those little blue rest room guys
maybe they can nuke the forums on a daily or weekly basis?
How can we Help?
We greatly appreciate and value the loyalty of the Morpheus software user-base. We would love your support and over the next few weeks we will be asking for it in a variety of ways. Stay tuned.
RESPONSE:
EVeRY and I mean EVERY morpeus user that needed help gave up asking a brick wall for help along time ago and turned to each other ........................
when the the help&FAQ base matured to a point of sweet existance it was trashed with not as even so much as a warning to the loyal Morpheus software user-base.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 10:12 AM   #2
goldie
yea, it's me.

Multi, no offense but I don't like your choices.

Hell yes, I'll go back there.

See, I've got some unfinished business to take care of AND more than just a FEW thing to get off my chest that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING do with helping one single soul!!!

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 10:25 AM   #3
RDixon

Maybe you should add the option: Doesn't matter because I was never a part of their forum.

I said from the very beginning when all the Music City opennap servers appeared overnight that something just didn't seem right about it and postulated the conspiracy theory that :
What better way for the record companies to keep their monopolies going than to create their own giant network with access to millions of user's harddrives and IP address's?
It was obvious to even a child that legally shutting down napster would have little to no impact on file sharing in the long term.
These recent events and those to shortly come may prove my theory correct.
Old 02-03-02, 10:35 AM   #4
zombywoof

I never posted at the morpheus forums so it don't make much difference to me what they do over there. What I do know that what is going on over there is not unlike what happened to napster, the software forum and the core userbase that helped over there, myself included. As much as I've enjoyed downloading napster for the first time, discussing the app with other knowlegeable users on the forum, since that was the only way people knew what was wrong with all the releases they came out with, the one thing I always had in the back of my head when the metallica thing came out, and the riaa lawsuits is there's a good chance napster was going to go thru big changes and that eventually their forums and users were going to be cast aside.

A lot of the origional nap forum members, especially in the software forum saw this as well, and began branching out from the napster forum. There was audiognome. Diego and company were doing their thing over there because they had the vision to see what was happening at napster. (the ttol bannings, Diego's name even being censored and such.) Then there was napigator, the software allowing the napster app to connect to the opennap servers and they too branched out with a forum of their own as well. What i got from all of this was that people were not going to wait around for napster to help their users because everyone knew it wasn't going to happen, so they branched out and many of the people who helped in the software forums at napster moved on to these other areas away from napster. What I have gotten or learned from this is that there are a lot of former napster users who do not stay loyal to a company or a piece of software, rather they are always on the lookout for bigger and better filesharing apps that work well and suit their needswithout necessarily being loyal to to one brand name. For me, i'll run 10 p2p apps if they help me get what I'm looking for.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 11:02 AM   #5
multi

Default offended.....moi?

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod
Maybe i was'nt sarcastic enough about helping out
basicly its just a yes or no question

ok if u never went there b4 or dont like/use morpheus
your answer is predictable i guess
as for me i have been using many diffent FSapps since napster as well and morph there .....well was flavor of the month for a while
and i guess i would like to see it evolve into something as good as what it was at its peak
but what ive seen of their new offelring it may be hard to imagine
so i will most likley put a bullet in its brain and send it off to sleep with the fihies.......see
Old 02-03-02, 02:22 PM   #6
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod

Hell yes, I'll go back there.

See, I've got some unfinished business to take care of AND more than just a FEW thing to get off my chest that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING do with helping one single soul!!!

It used to be you couldn't use the word WinMX... I'll bet that the names KaZaA and Grokster get censored as well... I will definatly be finding out as soon as they get it going!

I finally got booted from the MusicCity Help Chat for saying Grokster once too often.

All those people wanting to know if they could resume their incomplete downloads and no one would tell them the truth...

Last edited by BuzzB2K : 02-03-02 at 06:55 PM.
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 05:28 PM   #7
goldie
yea, it's me.

Quote:
Originally posted by BuzzB2K

It used to be you couldn't use the word WinMX... I'll bet that the names KaZaA and Grokster get censored as well... I will definatly be finding out as soon as they get it going!

I finally got booted from the MusicCity Help Chat for saying Grokster once too often.

All those people wanting to know if they could rresume their incomplete downloads and no one would tell them the truth...
Mwuahahahlol - wonder if the mods over there get a kick back from Charmin.....oops, I meant Sharmen Networks for banning the name's of the competition

Ah yes, censorship Part II with Part III soon to follow I'm sure

Psst: Ya done good Buzz - Ya done ReAl good!!!!

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 08:06 PM   #8
multi

Question are they going to exploit the gnu idea?

we should be allowed to say gnutella, i would hope. it seems like they are trying to appear to be working with the gnutella comunity
to make a new super network or something?
i noticed they have one link called source
does that mean the p2p community can get the latest source and
make other apps and add ons-mmmmm(that might be interesting)
a bot sorta like edonkey that might be good for finding servers/nodes and a global search sort of thing(yes i fialy found it)
It seems stopping talk about other FSapps is not going to do any thing exept frustrate ppl
and what of limewire there has been a good app for quite a while now(well it seems to be getting better)there are many other emerging gnuttella clients it seems that will be affected by
morpheus enering into this area(it obviously wants to take over and not be a part of)