P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 27-02-02, 02:20 AM   #1
pod
Bumbling idiot

Mad Argh!!!

I don't suppose the facts that Morph is having issues and that I can't get on any eDonkey server because they're all busy are connected in any way? :/
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 03:28 AM   #2
Smoketoomuch
freak

takes a lot to connect for me too. Use edonkey bot that keeps an updated list of servers. If you have low ID use bo 090, if high, use the new 1.0A. Maybe that helps - you will be connected - but even with bot, now it takes a lot longer (it took me 5 minutes now). But I noticed, that even if you are not connected (the connected button flashed once or twice, placed on connection queue, then dropout) somehow it can start downloads nevertheless - it just resumed unfinished dl with 10k/sek, before I got connected.
Old 27-02-02, 10:50 AM   #3
pod
Bumbling idiot

Yeah, I'll try the bot.

Looks like the new donkey keeps a list of ips it was queued on for each .met file, so you don't have to connect to a server to start downloading. I don't believe 58 used to do that.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-02, 02:56 PM   #4
phateboard

i use edonkey alot but i dont understand what everyone's talking about when they say "if your id is high, or low" id??
phateboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-02, 03:41 AM   #5
Smoketoomuch
freak

haha, no problem, I don't understand it either. Btw, if you click on ? you'll see your ID number. It supposed to signify the ability of others to connect to you, and therefore, your ability to download.Anyway, I tried to figure out what it is (what is considered low or high) but completely failed. There seems to be two kind of ID number calculated differently (when I found this out, I gave up completely). The ID calculated by on method supposed to be a high number, (millions), the other kind of ID smaller (thousands). In the latter case its good to have ID number >10000. I usually have ID between 150-1500, but there are 2-3 servs that give me above 10000 (which is nottoomuch, out of 173 servers presently on my list). Reading posts on donkey forum left me clueless, since most talk about ID in the millions. The best thing you can do is to leave ID issue alone. I feel much better since I don't care, especially since I see no connection between my downloads and my ID number. One of my downloads just resumed at 10k/sec when connected to a serv. that gave me ID 142, other times I wait on queue when connected to another that gives me 12000. The point about new bot is that it has a function of seeking the server that gives you highest id. Low ID people therefore keep permanently reconnecting, a message saying that disconnected because of low id. That's not good. PB33 writes, that he is working on the problem, but if you experience this bug, there is an option to turn this feature off. He writes (today):

Hi,

* SLUG server list problems now fixed

* Current bot version is 1.0A. If you experiment connections problems (permanently reconnecting), check at your bot log. If you see many servers change because low ID is detected, uncheck ID control at servers tab of dialog box options. I'll look at this problem in next version.

* eDonkeyBot is now DonateWare. If you find edonkeybot useful, please donate (what you want). This encourage me to develop more and more powerful features
Thanks

pb33

ps. Pod - I think bots from 090 work with v59 best. And you don't have to be connected, but you have to be at least once on "placed on queus list" - that is if the red (connected) button flashes a few times, but don't connect after queued, still, your downloads start - the point is that you have to be at least placed on connection queue.
Old 03-03-02, 12:12 AM   #6
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Quote:
Originally posted by Smoketoomuch
takes a lot to connect for me too. Use edonkey bot that keeps an updated list of servers. If you have low ID use bo 090, if high, use the new 1.0A. Maybe that helps - you will be connected - but even with bot, now it takes a lot longer (it took me 5 minutes now). But I noticed, that even if you are not connected (the connected button flashed once or twice, placed on connection queue, then dropout) somehow it can start downloads nevertheless - it just resumed unfinished dl with 10k/sek, before I got connected.
Are you talking about that number in the left corner?
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-02, 08:01 AM   #7
Smoketoomuch
freak

yes, I guess thats a high ID. Me: 250-2500. Rarely 20000. But then, there is that problem of two kind of IDs - u can only see one of course, and it adds to the confusion that I found no reference as to why or what influences which one you got. I know, low id is due to firewalls - but what is a low id if there are 5 digit numberers and billions?