P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 14-03-02, 10:05 PM   #1
JackSpratts

Default In The Dorms, Where Are The Stereos?

“To be honest, I have no idea where my dusty, ancient CD player is hiding and I couldn’t care less,” said 16 year-old Brian Stelter. “The idea of having to find the right CD and choose the right track seems so primitive and outdated.” For the Damascus, Md. high school junior, the Internet and the personal computer are the center of the music world.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/720241.asp?0dm=C16SB

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-02, 11:26 PM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

It's not a bad article but it's mostly review for the people who have been living in caves for the past four years. Except for a few details it could have been written a year ago and still be accurate. It mentions the fact that record makers have come out with new technology over the decades to boost sales, but now they have DVD audio which is about three times the quality of CD audio in digital surround sound. It's still new and we don't know if it will take off. The article also talks about Pressplay and MusicNet, but to my knowledge the're not the first pay music sites. I'm sure I've seen web sites that sold MP3's though I can't remember their names. In a few years no one will remember Pressplay or MusicNet.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-02, 11:34 PM   #3
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

That's so appropriate - I just sold my cd player for about $20...only place I play cd's are in the car and I don't expect that to go on much longer either...

I'm going to be buying a new receiver soon - it's sole function will be to connect to my computer...

anybody know of any audio manufacturer's who are making receivers with this function in mind?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote