P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 02-03-02, 12:57 AM   #1
phateboard

Default man im PISSED at KAZAA AND SHERMAN NETWORKS

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../03012002b.php

you guys oviously dont go to www.zeropaid.com
phateboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 01:07 AM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
I do not think it can be excluded at this point that KaZaA is being turned into, in effect, a trojan horse controlled by the corporate cartels and the monopoly mafias. Will future versions of the software report back to the RIAA and the Business Software Alliance what you're sharing and downloading? What is the relationship between sharman and brilliant digital? How much did they pay for KaZaA? And ... whatever did happen to the lawsuit that was potentially going to bankrupt KaZaA in a matter of days?
...and on that ominous note, I'm going to bed
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 01:10 AM   #3
MikeHunt
Unknown Legend

Smile

>>>>>> XoloX - Blubster <<<<<<<<<
Old 02-03-02, 01:13 AM   #4
phateboard

im tryan out the new morphus now, it works fine, i get good search results fast, i havent tried to download yet tho, another thing is that when i go to musiccity.com the site is different than when i connect too the new morphus, also

this is posted when you go into the new morphus, have any of you botherd to read it

Steve Griffin
StreamCast/Morpheus CEO
Continued...

It appears that the attacks included an encrypted message being repeatedly sent directly to your computers that changed registry settings in your computer. Later, it appears our ad servers were attacked resulting in messages being sent to other sites without our knowledge, which threatened our most basic revenue model. We believe some of these attacks continue as Morpheus users attempt to connect to the old Morpheus User Network. This was why it is important to quickly deploy our new software product.

This unprovoked attack is being carefully investigated, as it appears that federal laws may have been violated. We are still attempting to discover who would want to eliminate the community of millions of consumers who are using the Morpheus software product to connect with other users around the world.

These attacks have forced us to more quickly deploy our new software product in order to allow you to bring the largest p2p community back together. Since it appears that the attack on your computers came from the closed proprietary FastTrack-Kazaa software, we have opted not to continue with this p2p kernel. We believe it to have the ability to access your computer at will and change registry settings. In addition, we remain committed to NOT bundling any spy ware with our product.

We are pleased to migrate to an open Protocol product with the release of Morpheus Preview Edition, which is based on the very large network of Gnutella users. The new software will provide you with the ability for faster searches, the display of more search results, and many more new and exciting features. KEEP IN MIND that this is only our preview edition. Any time change occurs, many object and think the old version was better. Our objective is to create a new and exciting software product. Since our company and your p2p network are being attacked, we would appreciate your constructive comments for improvement, not simply criticisms. With you help and input, we will continue to provide the pre-eminent p2p software product in the world.

Lastly, we want to address some of the misinformation we've seen recently. There have been many comments that we caused these problems intentionally. Let me assure you that we would NEVER treat the Morpheus users in this fashion. Others have said we would re-launch with a paid subscription model, again, not true. Our commitment is to always provide you a free version of the Morpheus software product. Thanks again for making Morpheus the most widely downloaded p2p product in the world. We are hard at work to provide you with the products you have come to expect from our company. From our perspective p2p means people to people.

Our goal is to create the software that lets you create the network. Thanks again for your support.

i really think you guys are taking one look and turning away, you guys need to give it a chance
phateboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 01:19 AM   #5
zombywoof

This should be no surprise. A couple of years ago kazaa's main goal was to form a pay service and limit mp3 bitrates to 128k. I've always been very skeptical of morpheus, (although I have used all their releases,) when it switched from the short lived successful napster/opennap platform to the kazaa platform. If the current kazaa(old Morpheus) platform is your choice, just download grokster and remove the spyware. There's a thread posted in this forum on it if you need it. Or use gnucleus. It works well.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 02:41 AM   #6
multi
Thanks for being with arse

muhaaaa

OK im sold
still might wait till this preveiw edition
get a good going over
i wonder if they will relese something called "morpheus"

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 08:54 AM   #7
JackSpratts

Default Re: man im PISSED at KAZAA AND SHERMAN NETWORKS

Quote:
Originally posted by phateboard
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../03012002b.php

you guys oviously dont go to www.zeropaid.com
not only do we "go there" but most of us are members.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 09:04 AM   #8
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Re: Re: man im PISSED at KAZAA AND SHERMAN NETWORKS

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts

- js.

Yep-yep-yep!

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 10:26 AM   #9
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

quick, possibly dumb question: what is the origin of the term
"zeropaid"?

as in zeropaid for that song I just d/l'd?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-02, 02:10 PM   #10
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Default Re: Re: man im PISSED at KAZAA AND SHERMAN NETWORKS

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts

- js.
I resemble that statement...

I have a problem with anything Mr. Griffen has to say. He has a history of screwing over his users... Of course it has to be an attack from outside... He is counting on his large userbase to provide income.
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote