P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 01-03-02, 04:54 PM   #1
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

Question Would you let them finish, or cut them off?

I have 4 uploads right now on grokster. All large file movies. Three of them are sharing lots of things, but the 4th one isn't sharing one single thing. Not one thing.

I tried to IM him/her and ask why not (we all have to start somewhere), but they aren't accepting IM's.

Would you leave it go, or cut them off for not sharing back?
Old 01-03-02, 05:14 PM   #2
JackSpratts

i don't even check 'em out untill after they've gotten the fourth or fifth file from me, and rarely even then. if they've taken a bunch of stuff from me and i happen to scan them and find nothing, not even the files they just got from me, then it's bye-bye jerk. when a person doesn't even share what he just d/l'd from me i consider him beneath contempt.

i must say tho that i hardly ever look at my uploads. i do about 100 a day and they're kind of in the background running on auto-pilot. i glance at them once in a while to make sure they're working and maybe to see what's popular but it's the downloads i spend the time on.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-02, 05:35 PM   #3
LV15
Absolute Bastard

the brilliant thing about audiognome was that it displayed as sharing 0 when a napster user would check your details

this would lead to lots of people threatening to disconnect my downloads or just cancelling them anyway...

i'd then piss them off completely by resuming the file...persistant people would cancel me again....but you all know me

if i resumed the file and just got a 1kb chunk added on before they cancelled me then i'd resume it again, and again 1kb at a time until i either had the whole file or they got pissed off and left the server
LV15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-02, 06:40 PM   #4
fogelbise

i would say to open that slot up to someone who is sharing.

in morpheus/grok/kaz you have to try twice...their files don't always show the first time.

oh...and the fix for LV 15's method (or someone who really isn't sharing)is to open up one more slot, letting someone else in , then change it back to the prior slot count and cutting off that non sharer(i.e. was 4, up to 5, back to 4) .
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote