P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-05-02, 12:04 AM   #1
smokey227
Napsterite

Default Grokster & KazaaLite not working - HELP!

Using AG now & with long weekend decided I would finally install either Grokster or KaZaa. Good thing I waited until a holiday because I have now spent the whole day with bad results.

First I decided to go with Grokster due to positive feedback here & seems there’s something always new to overcome with KaZaa. Installed several x’s (which I’ll explain the different ways in a minute) with the same result each time. It does one search very fast and then all further searches yield absolutely NO results. I exit and come back & can get ONLY one good search. When I first check out a P2P, I use “Microsoft” for Software & for Audio - Celine Dion, NSync, Beatles, Elvis Presley because those always yield lots of results. (I know that’s a weird combination but just looking for results.) Even when I went back to repeat the first search I did, the 2nd time I got no results. Each time I would exit and come back, I got major results on each one of those on the FIRST search only.

Here’s how I Installed:

1st installed using the most recent biggrokstersetup.exe which indicates is version 1.5.1. I used instructions from http://www.project-insomnia.com/grokster.html & used Jack’s instructions also as a guideline (http://www.napsterites.net/undergrou...&threadid=9550). Since biggrokstersetup.exe is 1.5.1, adjusted & didn’t to 1.5 & then 1.5.1 but otherwise followed to the letter. Each time I uninstalled & used grokster_regclean.exe to totally clean it out from registry. I tried this method a 3 x’s (thought I was doing something wrong).

So next I tried installing & simply using Grokster Rebound 1.5.1. Same results in searches – would work fast once. I also must add that when I used Morpheus (which I totally cleaned out also with morpheus_regclean), I always had uploads which has not happened once in this all day endeavor. (Getting smarter & only did this install twice.)

Last install I used Grokster Lite with exactly the same search results. (Got really smart by now & only installed once)

So I thought I’d simply give up & go the KaZaa. I installed KaZaaLite 1.6.1. Got almost the same results except I could sometimes do 2 searches instead of 1 before searches yielded no results.

Using Windows 98 with cable connection. Since I use my computer primarily for work when I get home, almost all my applications are business related so I don’t have a lot of applications downloaded that could be interfering. My one luxury is P2P (which now I only have Audiogalaxy) so I can DL MP3’s. I installed AdShield yesterday for my popups; but since I saw this recommended either on this site on KaZaaLite where someone had KaZaa, that shouldn’t be the problem. Don’t have Grokster & KaZaa installed at same time. I have not deleted KaZaa yet.

HELP!!!!! I now have 50% more gray hairs from my experience today & actually went running with my dog to relieve the frustration. Can you imagine that – so bad that I actually exercised? That’s getting bad!
smokey227 is offline   Reply With Quote