P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 06-11-07, 11:47 AM   #201
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
But I'll leave you to argue the really important questions, such as where Pakistan is.
Okay, but no argument is necessary.

It's here:
Attached Images

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 12:31 PM   #202
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Yeah, I figured someone would post all those quotes, and of course because I'm familiar with them myself I already knew that in not one of them is there a statement of "wanting to destroy the United States." So I still maintain that posting them in an attempt to spread that particular fear is hysterical.

By the way, "Israel must be wiped off the map" is in itself a slight mistranslation, though I suppose if you're a Zionist the actual meaning could be construed as more or less the same. And of course I guess some people think a threat against Israel is a threat against the United States.

Also, some people seem to think that anyone maintaining that they will defend themselves if attacked is an attack. lol
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 08:29 PM   #203
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Interesting how your map has south-east Asia & northern Asia

Quote:
South Asia encompassing the modern states of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Persian, Arab and Turkish cultural traditions from the west also form an integral part of Islamic South Asian culture, but have been radically adapted to form a Muslim culture distinct from what is found in the Middle East e.g. pilgrimage to dargahs.

South Asia ranks among the world's most densely-populated regions. About 1.6 billion people live here – about one-fourth of all the people in the world. The region's population density of 305 persons per square kilometre is more than seven times the world average.

The region has a long history. Ancient civilizations developed in the Indus River Valley and the Dwaraka region. The region was far more prosperous before the 18th century, when the Mughal Empire held sway in the north and the Maratha Empire held sway in the south and central regions of the Indian peninsula. Subsequently, European encroachments, initially by Portugal and the Netherlands,and later by France and British colonialism, led to political destabilisation of the region, leading finally to almost complete occupation and rule by the British. Most of the region gained independence from Europe by the late 1940s, when these colonial powers were weakened by the World War II and could neither control the people of the region nor satisfy their aspirations.
regions of the world
Quote:

Africa

Central · Eastern · Northern · Southern · Western

Americas

Anglo · Caribbean · Central · Latin · Middle · North · Northern · South

Asia

Central · Eastern · Northern · Southern · Southeastern · Southwestern / Western

Europe

Northern · Southern · Western · Eastern · Central

Oceania

Australasia · Melanesia · Micronesia · Polynesia

Other

Asia Pacific · Caucasus · Far East · Indian subcontinent · Middle East

Polar

Arctic · Antarctic

Oceans

World · Arctic · Atlantic · Indian · Pacific · Southern
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/default.stm
Quote:
Southwest Asia or Southwestern Asia (largely overlapping with the Middle East) is the southwestern portion of Asia. The term Western Asia is sometimes used in writings about the archeology and the late prehistory of the region, and in the United States subregion geoscheme. Unlike the Middle East, which is a vaguely-defined region generally meant to include the African country of Egypt, Western Asia is a purely geographical term, which includes the southwestern extreme of Asia.
Pakistan has occasionally been considered as part of the Mid-East.. it has never been considered part of the Greater Middle -East but it is always considered as part of South Asia.

end of argument.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 06:28 AM   #204
multi

yayaya anyway...

What's with the 'WIN $100,000 HERE' sign on that map ?

besides that's not a map... this is a map
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABmDXjuJWkSf.jpg
Views:	1510
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	12974  

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 14-11-07, 04:45 AM   #205
multi

Peace Putin: Russia May Strike Back If U.S. Attacks Iran

President Vladimir Putin of Russia has reportedly served notice that if the United States launches a military strike against Iran, Moscow will regard it as an attack on Russia itself, raising the specter of a revival of the Cold War between the two nuclear-armed giants.

Putin issued his warning during a closed-door, face-to-face meeting with Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, near the end of the Russian president's visit last month to Tehran -- the first by a Kremlin leader since World War II -- for a summit of the five Caspian Sea nations, according to the Internet news site Asia Times Online, citing high-level diplomatic sources.

He stopped short of saying explicitly what Russia would do if the U.S. struck Iran. But by stating that an attack on Iran would be tantamount to an attack on Russia itself, Putin strongly hinted of retalitory measures by Moscow.

Meanwhile, American officials were stunned by the unexpected appearance of a Chinese submarine which showed up undetected in the middle of recent U.S. Navy exercises in the Pacific -- leaving Washington wondering if, in the event of a U.S.-Russian confrontation over Iran, Beijing would also intervene on Tehran's side.

Putin, Khamenei Reportedly Agree on Plan to 'Nullify' U.S.

Putin and Khamenei agreed on a plan to "nullify" the Bush administration's increasingly bellicose rhetoric against the Islamic Republic over its nuclear development program, the sources said, amid growing concern that Washington is preparing to launch a pre-emptive military attack -- perhaps in the form of a tactical nuclear strike -- against Iran.

The Russian president told his Iranian host that "an American attack on Iran will be viewed by Moscow as an attack on Russia," Asia Times Online quoted its sources as saying.

At the Caspian Sea summit meeting, Putin publicly warned the U.S. not to use a former Soviet republic to stage an attack on Iran. He also said countries bordering the Caspian Sea must jointly back any oil pipeline projects in the region.

Putin said none of the five nations’ territory "should be used by any outside countries for use of military force against any nation in the region" -- a clear reference to long-standing rumors that the U.S. was planning to use the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan as a staging ground for any possible military action against Iran.

“We are saying that no Caspian nation should offer its territory to third powers for use of force or military aggression against any Caspian state,” Putin said.

The private Putin-Khamenei meeting following the summit was extraordinary in and of itself, for Iran's supreme leader rarely receives foreign dignitaries, even a head of state with the stature of Putin. The Russian president told the ayatollah that he may hold the "ultimate solution" regarding Iran's highly controversial nuclear program, the sources said.

For his part, Khamenei insisted that his country's nuclear program was strictly for civilian purposes and vowed that it would continue, the official Iranian news agency IRNA reported. But he did tell Putin, "We will ponder your words and proposal."

..More
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 14-11-07, 07:01 AM   #206
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
What's with the 'WIN $100,000 HERE' sign on that map ?
It says $100.00 there frybrain. Ever get the feeling you're not fully understanding what you see?

Lol at the hassokheads in your last pic. If they wanted nuclear power only they would allow the IAEA to monitor it and get rid of a lot of the sanctions hurting their country.

I suppose they don't know how they came to possess warhead blueprints but it seems a little suspicious to non-frybrains. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/worl...in&oref=slogin

Ah they changed the link.
Quote:
Iran has met a key demand of the U.N. nuclear agency, handing over long-sought blueprints showing how to mold uranium metal into the shape of warheads, diplomats said Tuesday.
Iran's decision to release the documents, which were seen by U.N. inspectors two years ago, was seen as a concession designed to head off the threat of new U.N. sanctions.

But the diplomats said Tehran has failed to meet other requests made by the International Atomic Energy Agency in its attempts to end nearly two decades of nuclear secrecy on the part of Iran. ...

Both the IAEA and other experts have categorized the instructions outlined in the blueprints as having no value outside of a nuclear weapons program.

Last edited by albed : 15-11-07 at 10:38 AM.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-07, 09:54 PM   #207
multi

ok I misinterpreted the comma, oops
that makes you oh so much smarter than me.. doesn't it twatface?

suck it up..

how about they have a few scientists over in other places on this planet apart from the US?

maybe if you looked past your precious little nose you could see some facts. These people had vastly richer scientific knowledge for centuries before certain principles were understood and taken up by the west ,they were making calculations when we couldn't even grasp the concept of 'zero' .If not for ideas that came from the east there would be a much different reality than what we have now.

That said... even though the ability to harness atomic power for bombs is a very serious issue for everyone on the planet
It seems it's all been allowed to happen this way.After the powers that be allowed India and Pakistan and especially Israel to start building nuclear arsenals ,it was never going to be long until other nations close by were going to follow suit. Thats the reality people with their heads up their arses like albed just can't seem to see.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 22-11-07, 08:41 PM   #208
ONEMANBANNED
Push "winky" ! Push!!!

Relax folks ...progress is being made
Progress

ONEMANBANNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-07, 09:00 PM   #209
multi

dads army ?

stats on the foreign fighters found in Iraq
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2215380,00.html
Quote:
The files listed the nationalities and biographical details of more than 700 fighters who crossed into Iraq from August last year, around half of whom came to the country to be suicide bombers, the New York Times reported today.

In all, 305, or 41%, of the fighters listed were from Saudi Arabia. Another 137, or 18%, came from Libya. Both countries are officially US allies in anti-terrorism efforts.

In contrast, 56 Syrians were listed and no Lebanese. Previously, US officials estimated that around a fifth of all foreign fighters in Iraq came from these two countries.

US officials have also long complained about Iranian interference in the affairs of its neighbour, accusing Tehran of shipping weapons for militants over the border. However, any assistance does not appear to extend to people, the paper said, reporting that, of around 25,000 suspected militants in US custody in Iraq, 11 were Iranian. No Iranians were listed among the fighters whose details were found.

The information came from files and computers seized in September when US forces raided a camp in the desert near Sinjar, a small town in north-west Iraq, close to the Syrian border. It was believed the camp was the base for an insurgent cell responsible for smuggling the vast majority of foreign fighters into Iraq.

The files also gave details of 68 Yemeni nationals, the third-biggest source. There were 64 fighters from Algeria, 50 from Morocco, 38 from Tunisia, 14 from Jordan, six from Turkey and two each from Egypt and France.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 23-11-07, 11:31 AM   #210
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
ok I misinterpreted the comma, oops
that makes you oh so much smarter than me.. doesn't it twatface?

suck it up..

how about they have a few scientists over in other places on this planet apart from the US?

maybe if you looked past your precious little nose you could see some facts. These people had vastly richer scientific knowledge for centuries before certain principles were understood and taken up by the west ,they were making calculations when we couldn't even grasp the concept of 'zero' .If not for ideas that came from the east there would be a much different reality than what we have now.

That said... even though the ability to harness atomic power for bombs is a very serious issue for everyone on the planet
It seems it's all been allowed to happen this way.After the powers that be allowed India and Pakistan and especially Israel to start building nuclear arsenals ,it was never going to be long until other nations close by were going to follow suit. Thats the reality people with their heads up their arses like albed just can't seem to see.
Oh, so you knew long ago that nuclear weapon proliferation would happen if it wasn't stopped. You're such a fucking genius.

And you added a zero along with 'misinterpreting the comma' and you didn't notice that either so that really just makes you dumber than me.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-07, 09:04 PM   #211
multi

well thats just lame... obviously I had just glanced at it when pondering that question,even with all your trumped up wisdom you can't seem to answer because you didn't crop the pic... perhaps Drak did and could explain wtf the competition is about ,maybe where you can win $100.00 by hitting that area just below Yemen with a dart perhaps?

It was just a passing question not even really aimed at you, fucknuts... so if you don't know you may stfu or not it's your choice.

I doubt it really matters that much in the bigger scheme of things.Now back to the scrapbook...

Why the Iranians see themselves in a very different light

AP

IT IS not hard to find examples of the peculiar divergence between how the world looks from Tehran, Iran's capital, and how it looks in the West. Take the recent release of a long-awaited report on Iran's nuclear programme by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN's nuclear watchdog. To Iran's state-controlled television, the report showed Iran's innocence and slapped its detractors in the face. In Washington, DC, the focus was on the report's doubts, which appeared to justify a push for further punitive sanctions.

But in many ways, the sparring capitals look more like mirror images than polar opposites. On different scales, both Iranians and Americans tend to take an imperial view. Both governments demonise the other. They use past resentments to reap political rewards by looking tough.
...More

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 04-12-07, 03:24 AM   #212
multi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Bush: But this — we got a leader in Iran who has announced that he wants to destroy Israel. So I’ve told people that if you’re interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from have the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon…
This NIE was apparently finished a year ago, and its basic parameters were almost certainly common knowledge in the White House well before that. This means that all the leaks, all the World War III stuff, all the blustering about the IAEA — all of it was approved for public consumption after Cheney/Bush/Rice/etc. knew perfectly well it was mostly baseless.

Nothing smells better in the morning to the Neocons than war propaganda. That’s why Cheney tried to hold up the report from coming out.

A National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) on Iran has been held up for more than a year in an effort to force the intelligence community to remove dissenting judgments on the Iranian nuclear programme, and thus make the document more supportive of U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney’s militarily aggressive policy toward Iran, according to accounts of the process provided by participants to two former Central Intelligence Agency officers.

via Amanda: “As ThinkProgress has documented, the White House’s manipulation of the Iran NIE bore a striking resemblance to the controversies that played out over pre-war Iraq intelligence.” ...more

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 04-12-07, 09:39 AM   #213
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
This NIE was apparently finished a year ago, and its basic parameters were almost certainly common knowledge in the White House well before that. This means that all the leaks, all the World War III stuff, all the blustering about the IAEA — all of it was approved for public consumption after Cheney/Bush/Rice/etc. knew perfectly well it was mostly baseless.

Nothing smells better in the morning to the Neocons than war propaganda. That’s why Cheney tried to hold up the report from coming out.

A National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) on Iran has been held up for more than a year in an effort to force the intelligence community to remove dissenting judgments on the Iranian nuclear programme, and thus make the document more supportive of U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney’s militarily go aggressive policy toward Iran, according to accounts of the process provided by participants to two former Central Intelligence Agency officers.

via Amanda: “As ThinkProgress has documented, the White House’s manipulation of the Iran NIE bore a striking resemblance to the controversies that played out over pre-war Iraq intelligence.” ...more
go figure. it's amazing anybody takes the Bush administration seriously about anything when they've been wrong about, well, pretty much everything.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 01:36 PM   #214
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
go figure. it's amazing anybody takes the Bush administration seriously about anything when they've been wrong about, well, pretty much everything.
and that's putting it diplomatically. deliberately deceptive is more like it.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 05:38 PM   #215
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

from the Time blog, an apt quote:

Quote:
The real story behind this NIE is that the Bush Administration has finally concluded Iran is a bridge too far.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 07:09 PM   #216
multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
from the Time blog, an apt quote:

indeed !
(that first article in this thread is worth re-reading)

one interview I read with some ex-Bush admin insider was there will be no stopping an attack on Iran in April next year. ..

Our daily MSM news here is reporting Bush doesn't believe the latest intel on Iran.. and it is still a nuclear threat

what the fuck is this idiot talking to everyone like we are a bunch of kindergarten kids?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 04-12-07, 11:11 PM   #217
JackSpratts

Quote:
what the fuck is this idiot talking to everyone like we are a bunch of kindergarten kids?
well sunday school kids but basically yes. since he's one himself perhaps he projects onto us.

- js.
Old 05-12-07, 02:03 AM   #218
multi

you know the bit of some media conferce I am talking about?
he is talking really slowly like he is talking to people that don't understand english very well... bloody annoying

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 08-12-07, 08:11 AM   #219
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Contrary to what all you Bush haters think, this report doesn't say, nor does it use language that implies, that Bush is a liar. It simply explains that Iran's continuing nuclear research program lacks the intent to build a nuclear weapon. That's perfectly believable, given that Iran has almost no ability to refine its own oil and economic conditions have led them into the greatest energy crisis in their history. But the fact is that Iran is still pursuing the technological ability to build a nuclear weapon. They may claim, when they build their first nuke, that it was an accidental byproduct of their 'peaceful' nuclear program which it very well could be because the technology to build a nuclear power plant is pretty much the same as the technology to build a nuke. Despite what the media says about this report, and despite how Bush has responded in kind, Iran continues to refine uranium and it continues to prevent international inspectors from investigating their claims. This report should have come from the IAEA, instead it came from the National Intelligence Board because Iran prefers to keep its 'peaceful' nuclear program under wraps.

Now I'm not suggesting any action at this point, especially not an invasion of Iran, but you guys should probably read the report, read its careful vetting and cautionary language, before you assume that it's a vindication of your unquestioning hatred.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-07, 11:15 AM   #220
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
...before you assume that it's a vindication of your unquestioning hatred.
i question my extreme dislike of bush regularly and the facts vindicate it just as often. it's you bush lovers who clearly need the reality check.

- js.