P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 15-07-03, 02:38 PM   #1
Jadesun
Queen of Sneak

Question Burning ?

I'm making a music cd for a friend....total disk size is 750 MEG, total file(s) size is 745 MEG, will all be ok with only 5 MEG remaining??

I've burned many a cd, but have always had more space left....just wondering if it can be done successfully with just 5 MEG left.

Thanks

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«¸¸©Jadesun¸¸»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´`'·.¸)`'·.¸)

May each sun find you well
Jadesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-03, 03:06 PM   #2
TheOnlyBob
Alien In a Penguin Suit

should work with no issues. i have overburned a music CD and still had it worked.
Old 15-07-03, 03:11 PM   #3
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

It depends on what software you're using, but in general, I'd say that you're safe. For example, in Nero the meter includes the track/session data, so the 5mb aren't at all necessary. It'll also pop up a dialog as you initialise the burn process if the session is too large for the disk, before any writing occurs. There's also the option to do a test run if you're not satisfied. Without knowing any particulars, that's the best advice I can give you ie. try a test run first and note any error messages (if any) and if successful, proceed as usual.

{Edit: I assumed that you got the size of the session from within the app and not from disk. Overburning can be risky with audio CDs, especially if your friend has an older player.}
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-03, 04:20 PM   #4
Jadesun
Queen of Sneak

Quote:
Originally posted by SA_Dave
It depends on what software you're using, but in general, I'd say that you're safe. For example, in Nero the meter includes the track/session data, so the 5mb aren't at all necessary. It'll also pop up a dialog as you initialise the burn process if the session is too large for the disk, before any writing occurs. There's also the option to do a test run if you're not satisfied. Without knowing any particulars, that's the best advice I can give you ie. try a test run first and note any error messages (if any) and if successful, proceed as usual.

{Edit: I assumed that you got the size of the session from within the app and not from disk. Overburning can be risky with audio CDs, especially if your friend has an older player.}
Good points, thanks guys.....I didn't get the file size from withing the app, I got the file size just from windows explorer...(highlighted all files and windows returned value of 745 MEG.. I'll give er a whirl and will post how it faired...

Thanks again guys

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«¸¸©Jadesun¸¸»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´`'·.¸)`'·.¸)

Old 15-07-03, 05:01 PM   #5
Dawn
R.I.P napho 1-31-16

I just burn it and see. I've only made 1 cheap coaster so far too!
Old 15-07-03, 05:53 PM   #6
Jadesun
Queen of Sneak

Naw , app told me I had to kick one out.....I hadn't started the burning process, so hopefully the cd is still useable. No biggie, I would just rather not coaster it...in knowing better.....

Dawn 1 coaster, just 1? Awesome!! I've had lots...got jewel cases coming out the ying yang....(always come in handy).....my burner detests Memorex CD's..Sony seems to be fine...I have never had a problem with the Kodak...platinums...(I think they are)....so I try to stick with the Kodaks.....

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«¸¸©Jadesun¸¸»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´`'·.¸)`'·.¸)