P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 20-03-02, 10:28 AM   #1
colinmacc

Default The curious case of IMesh

Can anyone explain to me what the relationship is with IMesh and Kazaa/Fasttrack?

If they're all on the same network, how come the IMesh users weren't affected by the Morpheus Incident, or were they in fact and I missed it?

And why does it only show there to be 300K IMesh users online, but on Grokster 1Million+ FastTrack users? Can FastTrack users get files from IMesh users, but not the other way round?

I'm a bit confused. Sorry there's so many questions here!
colinmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-02, 10:52 AM   #2
prggr

Only the recent version of iMesh works with the Kazaa network. It is very easily able to restrict itself to other iMesh clients (hence the low number of users.) Altho it may or may not be able to search and download from the other users (Kazaa/Grokster). From what I can tell it only counts the total # of online iMesh users and the rest of the functionality remains the same from Kazaa/Grokster.
prggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-02, 11:14 AM   #3
napho
Dawn's private genie

Maybe it was a backup plan by iMesh. A year and a half ago it had 150,000 users, then it dropped to 50,000 and it looked bad for the program. Only the new version reversed the decline; could be they were thinking of hooking up to the FastTrack network to save them but as it turned out that's not necessary now.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-02, 11:32 AM   #4
fogelbise

Quote:
Can FastTrack users get files from IMesh users, but not the other way round?
well if user@fileshare is indeed imesh(Previous @fileshare=imesh discussion(later in thread)) , i can confirm that I *was* able to download
(via grokster) from an imesh user last night that was also downloading from me...i am sure i have gotten many segments of files from users@fileshare before, but made a note to check it last night...(was actually making sure they were sharing on the grokster/kazaa network)
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-02, 11:40 AM   #5
napho
Dawn's private genie

Imesh can accelerate speeds faster than any program I've used(at least 50). One second it's going at 50k/sec then suddenly it's up to 200! It must be tapping into a new source of users on the FastTrack network.
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-02, 01:03 PM   #6
goldie
yea, it's me.

Quote:
Originally posted by prggr
Only the recent version of iMesh works with the Kazaa network. It is very easily able to restrict itself to other iMesh clients (hence the low number of users.) Altho it may or may not be able to search and download from the other users (Kazaa/Grokster). From what I can tell it only counts the total # of online iMesh users and the rest of the functionality remains the same from Kazaa/Grokster.
Observation from an old-morph user:

Any users displaying the @fileshare name was able to successfully download files from me - I just didn't see that many of them. The one thing that put me off with @fileshare folks was the inability to either IM them or search their libraries. Very important in my book

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-02, 01:27 PM   #7
fogelbise

quote of a quote...sorry
Quote:
The one thing that put me off with @fileshare folks was the inability to either IM them or search their libraries. Very important in my book
it must no longer be the case as that is how i found something to download from the @fileshare user that was downloading from me...that is, by "searching their libraries" from my grokster program using "find more from same user" function. i am not sure about IM's, will try that next time...
Old 20-03-02, 01:31 PM   #8
goldie
yea, it's me.

[quote]Originally posted by fogelbise
[b]quote of a quote...sorry

You've definitely got my curiousity peaked. Keep us posted, yes?

Ya know - perhaps the @filesharers dling from me just weren't sharing anything.............guess it's a possiblity.....grrrrrrrrrrrr........

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-02, 03:06 PM   #9
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod

Observation from an old-morph user:

Any users displaying the @fileshare name was able to successfully download files from me - I just didn't see that many of them. The one thing that put me off with @fileshare folks was the inability to either IM them or search their libraries. Very important in my book

I ran across this post at Zeropaid. (OK I wrote this post at Zeropaid)
Quote:
The user@fileshare is a User on iMesh. You can search and download their files, you can right click and search for more from this user, but you can't message them. iMesh does have a built in Chat program but is not compatible with the FastTrack messaging. There was a lot of speculation as to who these users were on the old Morpheus Board before Christmas...

Does imesh connect to kazaa? (FastTrack)
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-02, 10:18 AM   #10
fogelbise

hey GR, like Buzz's post, it looks like you can do everything but IM them. my tests are far from statistical reliability, but haven't had an IM work with @fileshare so far.