P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 04-04-02, 03:07 PM   #1
nickroberts

Default IMorpheus 1.5

It keeps getting odder and odder.

It looks like the Old Morpheus, but it connects to fastrack.

It's Imorpheus 1.5

Check it out at:

http://membres.lycos.fr/bakamx/fichier.php?id=67

What do you think?
nickroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-02, 03:27 PM   #2
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Hi nickroberts!

At the moment I would not recommend using any client that connects to the FastTrack network, neither Kazaa or Grokster or any hacks of the previous clients which iMorpheus probably is. I tried to find info on iMorpheus but could not find any. Where did you get it from?

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-02, 03:56 PM   #3
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

i think one of the french "napsteritee" http://www.napsterfr.net/ made it as a "by product" of Omega - a french pendant to kazaa-lite.

the resources (string, menus ikons) of the client can be customized with an resource editor, he took the resources of the old morpheus and added them to a grokster or kazaa client, such making it look like old morpheus.

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-02, 04:05 PM   #4
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

Quote:
- tg
At the moment I would not recommend using any client that connects to the FastTrack network, neither Kazaa or Grokster or any hacks of the previous clients which iMorpheus probably is.
i think, as long as i use binary implementations of p2p clients, i never really can trust any of them. in every client could something be in it.
i'll take a deep and freeing breath as soon as the giFT project comes up with a working open source p2p client, which i can look at and compile myself to a trusted binary.

(sorry for the spam) indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-02, 04:33 PM   #5
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by indiana_jones
i think, as long as i use binary implementations of p2p clients, i never really can trust any of them. in every client could something be in it.
i'll take a deep and freeing breath as soon as the giFT project comes up with a working open source p2p client, which i can look at and compile myself to a trusted binary.
(sorry for the spam) indy
No spam at all but a very good point instead.

The recent events around Kazaa have (once again) shown how unreliable bedfellows the commercial ventures make for the p2p communities. Public protocols and open source clients are the best guarantee for safe and spyware-free p2p experience, and I also wish that giFT will soon get ready to provide FastTrack-level filesharing environment for the masses.

- tg
Old 05-04-02, 03:22 AM   #6
thegame412

Default Imorpheus

It apperas that someone has made an imorpheus program. I downloaded it and it works good. It really looks like an official morpheus update execpt for some minor errors. It doesn't have any ads either. However, this does connect to the other networks. Becaue of this, I don't se this program working for long.
thegame412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-02, 04:39 AM   #7
colinmacc

Default Impressive piece of work!

It looks like this is similar in conception to Kazaa Lite, except it appears to be Grokster in a Morpheus skin.. (with no cydoor or other ads)

I like the way it connects as username@IMorpheus, nice touch!

I'm keeping my eyes open for the BDE crap to appear though!
colinmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-02, 08:01 AM   #8
nickroberts

It does seem like the fasttrack protocol is the one the masses want at this time. It's has the most users, is fast and easy.

If there was a open source system like fasttrack, maybe things would change!

Also,

It looks like this program is Grokster with a iMorpheus skin.

But they really can't block it because they would also be blocking the grokster community.
nickroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-02, 08:16 AM   #9
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by nickroberts
If there was a open source system like fasttrack, maybe things would change!
The open source giFT project holds the promise to provide the same functionality as FastTrack without spyware or any other brilliant digital ideas but my estimate is that a stable Windows client with working multisourcing is still months away.

- tg