P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 31-03-02, 04:17 AM   #1
napho
Dawn's private genie

Default Direct Connect Share Faker

Seems to me once users check your shared list you'd be found out. You could get into the hub just long enough to be banned.I just went into a new one and immediately 3 guys were dl'ing lots off me. Maybe I'm missing something.

http://qdownloads.n2v.net/
napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-02, 02:07 AM   #2
Mowzer
'

Thats sad. Why not share right? Its the only good thing to do.

If you dont want to share things or lack file space, then stay off DC as its for the big boys only.

Should be that simple really I think.
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-02, 09:50 AM   #3
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

IMO share faker software like this belongs to the same category as faked bitrate rips - they just corrupt the content and functionality of the p2p networks. Like Ethen says DC is not for everybody but rather for serious traders with a lot of content to share (and preferably a fast line to deliver it). All sharing is beneficial to the p2p ecology. Even if your limited resouces would not allow access to the DC hubs with higher requirements the stuff that gets shared there will gradually find its way to other more accessible networks through people that attend several networks and share something on all of them.

Besides there are popular hubs on DC that allow you in with just a few gigabytes - they are a good starting point to start climbing higher on the social ladder of DC if you want to go that way...

For those interested in user experiences and commentary on DC, Zeropaid's DC Forum is a good place for more information.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote