P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 05-06-01, 01:36 AM   #1
Malk-a-mite

Default With the passing of the Napster forum...

I feel once again that some members of this board will slowly start to shrink back into the Peer-to-Peer forum... aka Software.

The dynamics of this board is very different for the moment but as I watch more and more members pack into the Underground forum I believe that the cloning and flame wars that drove many away in the first place will start to kick up.

To the mods, I don't envy you. The next few days/weeks may be a strain on yourselves and this board. I wish you the best of luck and a calm head while dealing with it all.

To everyone else, I ask now that if the unfortunate problems I see coming actually happen, treat them as children. Correct them polietely, offer help, but do not argue or stoop to their level. That will only serve to drag the forum down to where they are comfortable.
===================
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-01, 07:37 AM   #2
zombywoof

Thats a good observation malk. Its something that I agree with you on. I think that there will be a rash of new members signing up here since the napster forum is shut down and this link has been posted over there and word is getting out about this forum.

It can be a good thing because there are probably many who haven't realized that napster isn't the only game in town regarding mp3 file sharing, so if they come on to the peer-to-peer forum for help and it works for them, thats just more people being informed on alternatives and as well as getting or giving other technical help on the p2p forum.

So in the big picture of things, it may actually stimulate posting in the tech forums. After all, thats they are there for.

Last edited by zombywoof : 05-06-01 at 07:47 AM.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-01, 08:37 AM   #3
georgep922

Angry

no sh*t, I posted an invitation to my ftp site yesterday as a means of trading/sharing, and I got flamed by a bunch of kids. They said I was spamming their forum

anyways, I noticed that I did not get flamed in this forum with the same post, indicating where intelligence may be found
Old 05-06-01, 09:49 AM   #4
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally posted by georgep922
no sh*t, I posted an invitation to my ftp site yesterday as a means of trading/sharing, and I got flamed by a bunch of kids. They said I was spamming their forum

anyways, I noticed that I did not get flamed in this forum with the same post, indicating where intelligence may be found
Well, I assumed you posted your ftp with good intentions. I also assumed you were posting it as a non-ratio ftp as well. If thats the case, I do not see a problem if you are inviting others to your ftp site. There are some people out there who steer clear of p2p apps and prefer ftp.

If you were offering a ratio ftp, the flames are well deserved, but I did assume you were just offering as a gesture with good intent.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-01, 10:20 AM   #5
georgep922

Cool

i like p2p alot, but ftp can have clear advantages. Plus if you have a large organized volume of music, it is better to use an ftp to share or get a complete album.
I like morpheus, but it leaks memory and bandwith sometimes.

yea i have no silly ratios or anything, download whatever.

if anybody still wants an account my email is georgep922@yahoo.com
Old 05-06-01, 10:41 AM   #6
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Yes... we are quickly approaching the situation where the high volume of posting on The Underground makes it effectively a general purpose chatroom badly suited for serious on-topic discussion. As I emphasized on Malk's The Software forum and what it means thread this should not be taken negatively as many forum members like to have it that way. I am also fully convinced that the admin/mod team will make their very best to prevent The Underground from developing into a reverberation chamber of nasty negativity that Napster's Speak Out was at its worst.

georgep922, thanks for sharing your FTP site with Napsterites. Don't worry about the partially negative reaction you got. There is so much smap around and people are naturally suspicious if a new poster appears offering links to other sites or forums in his/her first post. Be welcome and join the discussions - it is easy to make friends here, and when the forum members get to know you better, they will be only glad to have you sharing your music with them.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-01, 01:50 AM   #7
Cash--
$¢$¢¢$

I think your right malk.

I will be the first to admit, I am a bit confrontational, and rarley pass up a good arguement. I know that this is not anything that will enhance the board. Soooo, I'll try to keep my mouth shut a bit more often than I have in the recent past.

(yeah, I think recent past IS an oxymoron)
Cash-- is offline   Reply With Quote