Go Back   P2P-Zone > The Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Rhythm of the Underground.

Old 15-11-04, 12:43 AM   #1
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Default Another Shameless Plug :)

Sorry, i couldnt resist...

I just got back from vacation, and recorded a show for the 2nd of 3 rock radio stations in this area, and also found out that my band will be one of the 12 bands featured in this years "12 bands of christmas". We are officially the first band of christmas! Im so pumped!! we get like 30 or 35 minutes to play.

We lost a drummer recently, and have since added another...yay!...and have written 4 or 5 new songs. As soon as the radio show airs i will have mp3's up on the website...so that means im looking for reviews from all the music lovers here.

We will also be going into the studio in the coming months to put together a real CD. When it comes out, feel free to pass it along, or even buy it...either way, pass it along and spread the word.

www.semiblind.com
www.x1069.com
www.x1069.com/events.htm

Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-04, 09:45 AM   #2
JackSpratts

looks like things are really coming together. congratulations gutrguy.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-04, 05:17 PM   #3
thinker
Ex-Singular

Excellent, dude. We can shoot the shit on that if I see you online. Looks like you've added a pretty able drummer.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-04, 11:05 PM   #4
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Just in:

New Years gig, Dec 31st and Jan 1st....party down!!!!
Old 02-12-04, 12:31 AM   #5
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Boo-Yea...another radio spot! On the radio this past sunday night for a 30 min set, playing another tomorrow....the 12 bands of Xmas is gonna rock the house!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	theX.JPG
Views:	1150
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	8705  
Old 02-12-04, 03:10 AM   #6
multi
Thanks for being with arse

good time to get gigs
hope they all go well for ya
maybe will be good for getting gigs during
other times of the year if u put on a good show
get lots of freinds to come
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04, 03:35 AM   #7
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Anyone know of a way to convert from cassete tape to mp3? I thought we had someone to record this sundays show to cd, but they bailed on us, and i am looking to find a way to go from the tape i made of the show to mp3 format so i can let youz guys hear some of our other music.
Old 02-12-04, 10:59 AM   #8
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

The way I do it is through my old DCC deck. It's a dinosaur, but it's a good converter. DCCs play both analog and digital cassettes and have digital coaxial and optical outputs. Some DCC decks will play an analog cassette and send a digital out directly, and some won't--mine doesn't, it's a cheapy, so what I do is run my standard cassette deck into my mixer and run my mixer's output to the DCC deck. (or you can actually bypass the mixer and just go deck to deck) Then I put an old DCC cassette in the deck and put it in record mode, paused. This converts the signal coming in to the DCC deck and sends it to the digital outs, and I run this (digital coaxial) into my sound card. Then I just record the tape in soundforge as a wav--ready for conversion.

Perhaps not the most elegant solution, but it works great. In fact I use the configuration globally to convert my old Peavey mixer into digital. Of course any nice DAT deck would work also.

DCC decks are getting harder and harder to find, but they go cheap, and I just scared one up on eBay. eBay item 5735687136 (Ends Dec-04-04 18:00:00 PST) - Phillips DCC-900 Digital --two days to go, no reserve, going for $1.00 (no bids) with $18 shipping from Denver.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04, 11:54 AM   #9
albed
flippin 'em off

If it's just stereo there's a "line-in" jack on most soundcards that works like any audio jack(size-miniature I think). I got Cooledit Pro to record and save as mp3 without too much effort ("record new audio" in the help file).

You might want to avoid warez for official stuff.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04, 01:01 PM   #10
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Yeah, the mini line in jack will work, but going straight from the two stereo RCA jacks of a tape deck and into it will get you some really compressed, hot, shitty sound compared to the SPDIF in, if you have one.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-04, 09:27 AM   #11
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone
The way I do it is through my old DCC deck. It's a dinosaur, but it's a good converter. DCCs play both analog and digital cassettes and have digital coaxial and optical outputs. Some DCC decks will play an analog cassette and send a digital out directly, and some won't--mine doesn't, it's a cheapy, so what I do is run my standard cassette deck into my mixer and run my mixer's output to the DCC deck. (or you can actually bypass the mixer and just go deck to deck) Then I put an old DCC cassette in the deck and put it in record mode, paused. This converts the signal coming in to the DCC deck and sends it to the digital outs, and I run this (digital coaxial) into my sound card. Then I just record the tape in soundforge as a wav--ready for conversion.

Perhaps not the most elegant solution, but it works great. In fact I use the configuration globally to convert my old Peavey mixer into digital. Of course any nice DAT deck would work also.

DCC decks are getting harder and harder to find, but they go cheap, and I just scared one up on eBay. eBay item 5735687136 (Ends Dec-04-04 18:00:00 PST) - Phillips DCC-900 Digital --two days to go, no reserve, going for $1.00 (no bids) with $18 shipping from Denver.
and i'll bet that's a tasty way to convert vinyl to wav without adding a lot of line-in garbage. worth a look. i have a couple thousand albums in the barn just ripe for conversion. i may bid on that deck or one like it if i want to beat the raccoons to the job.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-04, 11:17 AM   #12
Haole
Pronunciation: 'hau-lE

Actually, this looks pretty cool. I've seen it for as low as $149.
Attached Images

Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-04, 07:14 AM   #13
multi

how was the gig GG ?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 29-12-04, 10:58 PM   #14
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
how was the gig GG ?
The radio gigs (the one we recorded and the '12 bands of xmas') both went really well, and we have been looking forward to playing this New Years gig...the 31st and the 1st. Then yesterday the worst case senario started to play out.... We were supposed to have practice on tues and weds night to gear up for thye 2 night gig. Tuesday night we all get there except for the drummer....after its an hour past start time, we call him...he doesnt answer his phone, so we call his wife and she tells us that he is in jail for DUI and 2 counts of assulting an officer. Oh, yea, and thats not the worst part...LOL....the worst part is that he was already on level 2 probation (that means he had to go in for regular piss tests and all that lovely garbage) for taking his family hostage, yea...taking his family hostage !!!!! So he is going away for a long time, im not sure what the suspended sentence was for his probation, but he is going to serve the full time for that, whatever time for the DUI, and the assaulting an officer charges are both of the felony flavor that carry 10 year max sentences. Now, we are a day and a half away from the biggest gig as a band and we are probably going to have to cancel....because it doesnt matter how good you are, you need more than one day to learn 60 fucking songs.

I havent tried putting the mp3s over from the tape yet...just been busy...will get to it soon...because it appears that we are going to have some free time while looking for another drummer.
Old 03-01-05, 02:12 AM   #15
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Sorry about my rant a few days ago...wasnt in the best of moods as you can see. Our New Years Eve and New Years Night ended up NOT being cancelled!! In a desperation move i started calling music shops/stores to see if anyone there could fill in or if the people there knew anyone who was badass enough to fill in. I called a store the guy that answered said he could only do Jan 1st, i told him sorry we need someone for Dec 31st more than Jan 1st. He refered me to another one of their stores and said someone there might be able to help out. I called the other store...same thing with the guy that andwered the phone, then, by some strange twist of fate, he says there is another guy there that might be able to do it, i get put on hold...While im on hold they ask the 3rd guy, his name is Mark, if he wants a NYE gig, mark thinks they are fuckin with him!....so finally Mark gets on the phone and he says he can do it, we discuss how much he gets paid, and we set up a meeting for that night...unfortunately he had to cancel the meeting / jam the night before the show. So...we end up meeting Mark the night we are supposed to play. The guys at the music store (we rented our 'mains' from one of their stores) said that Mark was 'the shit'. We got to the gig early and went over our original music with him and he said to just que him in (look back and let him know there is a change) on the stuff he wasnt too familiar with. So we play....and i have to say this guy is by far the best fucking drummer ive ever met. We had a few goofs, but nothing that the normal listener would notice. So after it was all said and done we played 2 great shows and Mark is going to help us find a reliable drummer to join the band.

I brought my new digital camera and got quite a few good pictures, also got a 3 min. video of one our original songs. The video starts just after the intro and cuts off right near the last 4 bars of the song...damn camera will only record 3 min but the song is like 3:30... I will post a link when i convert to avi (for file size / bandwith reasons) and upload it to my site. Will also do the same when the pics are cropped / resized / thumbnailed.
Old 03-01-05, 08:04 AM   #16
thinker
Ex-Singular

Glad you were able to get someone in, I bet you had high anxiety. Hope you get a new maniac soon.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 10:59 PM   #17
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker
Glad you were able to get someone in, I bet you had high anxiety. Hope you get a new maniac soon.
lol, high anxiety...thats pretty close....i thought my fucking head was gonna asplode i was so worried.
Old 04-01-05, 12:07 AM   #18
multi

sounds like the guy you found to fill in on drums there was a very lucky find..

psycopath drummers are easy to find
but getting someone to cover for one at short notice
and have him pull it off ..is nothing short of a miracle

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard