P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-04, 06:11 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default The Bush Campaign

the Bushie's campaign is officially under way and ads are starting to appear in key markets acros the country. the Prez thinks use of 9/11 imagery enhances his position - some feel otherwise ...

Quote:
NEWARK, N.J. -- Karen DallaValle doesn't need President Bush's re-election campaign to remind her of Sept. 11, 2001, when her fiance, Port Authority Police Officer Kenneth F. Tietjen, died in the World Trade Center attack at age 31.

"I think it's inappropriate (for the Bush campaign) to use photos from Ground Zero. I'm reminded of it enough every day when I get up and Kenny's gone," said DallaValle, 41, of Matawan, a former Newark police officer who left the force after her fiance was killed.
the GOP thinks we all need to be reminded about 9/11....over and over again. i have a feeling most people are gonna feel otherwise...especially this stuff:

Quote:
The ad includes images of an American flag flying in front of the trade center's remains, and firefighters bearing a flag-draped stretcher from Ground Zero.
the firemen don't seem to be pleased to be part of the Prez's re-election campaign:

Quote:
The International Association of Fire Fighters Union, which was meeting today in Bal Harbour, Fla., approved a resolution asking the Bush campaign to pull the advertisements, the union's spokesman, Jeff Zack, told The Associated Press. The resolution also urges Bush to "apologize to the families of firefighters killed on 9/11 for demeaning the memory of their loved ones in an attempt to curry support for his re-election."

Harold Schaitberger, president of the union, which has endorsed Mr. Kerry, said today that the advertisements were "disgraceful" because the Bush administration had not, in the opinion of the union, done enough to ensure that fire departments around the country have been adequately staffed and equipped.

"Bush is calling on the biggest disaster in our country's history, and indeed in the history of the fire service, to win sympathy for his campaign," Mr. Schaitberger said in a statement that echoed his initial reaction on Wednesday.
it doesn't bother me, but i hardly ever watch tv. but i'd bet money that these ads will get quietly pulled and reworked to eliminate the WTC footage.

Quote:
Monica Gabrielle, of West Haven, Conn., who lost her husband, Richard, 50, in the trade center attack, had some advice for the Bush camp.

"I would rethink using the greatest failure of this administration's watch as a re-election platform," said Gabrielle, co-chairperson of Skyscraper Safety Campaign.
9/11 is the Bushie's hole card...but how to keep reminding the country about it, incessantly, between now and November is obviously gonna be a bit tricky
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote