P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-03-04, 05:25 PM   #21
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
go reread my post - what i'm saying is that invading a country to get at a terrorist underground movement is an enourmous misplacement of resources, because a)you create enourmous good will for the terrorists, b) the terrorists simply resurface elsewhere and c) your resources are bogged down for years doing things like nation-building and peace keeping.

I read your post again and I still say you have no clue what you are talking about when you group the IRA with the rest of those groups. The IRA were and are not a terrorist undergroud movement. If you say they are then you will also have to say the British Government the largest working terrorist group in the world with Irsael a close second.

Quote:
are we winning? how do you quantify that? in terms of net number of terrorists, i'd bet there are more now than there were two years ago. in terms of terrorists attacks, there have been more large scale attacks in the last year (e.g. Bali, Turkey, Madrid) than in previous three years, with the obvious exception of 9/11. saying we're winning because 9/11 hasn't happened again is fallacy because you can't prove a negative correlation.
More large scale attacks? You are ignoring the Clinton years then right? The USA warned Bali about an attack and they ignored it, Turkey has always had problems, and Madrid is to bad, all are heartbreaking events. How many Americans were killed in these attacks? There has not been a large scale attack on an American target. Not even a soft target, and don't get me wrong, the terrorist are planning one, we are just going to have to have faith in the Government to stop it.

Quote:
two and 1/2 years into the "war on terror", the only pertinent question is this: "is the world a safer place than it was before 9/11?" if the answer is no, than it might be a good idea to re-examine the strategy, no?
No. two and 1/2 years and you want to throw in the towel? How many years did it take after the American Revolution before there was peace? We will win this war. 2 1/2 years is nothing.....

Last edited by Sinner : 16-03-04 at 05:40 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote