P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Peer to Peer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Peer to Peer The 3rd millenium technology!

Old 17-04-02, 11:06 AM   #1
napho
Dawn's private genie

Eek! A holdover from the Napster era

This is the latest version of Wrapster which amazingly is still around. Maybe you could use this on Blubster and in a Myplay locker to disguise non Mp3s.

http://surfware.bizland.com/unwrapper/default.html

napho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-02, 10:38 AM   #2
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Re: A holdover from the Napster era

Quote:
Originally posted by napho
This is the latest version of Wrapster which amazingly is still around. Maybe you could use this on Blubster and in a Myplay locker to disguise non Mp3s.

http://surfware.bizland.com/unwrapper/default.html

Its not THAT oldhat Napho some of us have been using wrapping for ages and STILL are, its a good way to keep different categories of files separate.

The version on your link seems to be a tidied up version of the original 3.00beta release E which works fine once you get used to its slightly strange habits.

For simple decode of Wrapster filesI reccommend the very small Drag & Drop program which appears often on the shares of folk which is known as V082.exe, its so simple to useand creates the unwrapped file in the same path as the source file.

Wrapster is NOT dead, and it DOES work via Blubster provided you don't use the name "Wrapster" in the file name, which unfortunately breaks the accepted proceduresin the Wrapster help document.

Snark.
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-02, 05:10 PM   #3
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Furthur tests

I took the opportunity to re-check the transfer of non MP3 files over Blubster, and contrary to my previous statment it seems that Wrapster named files are now surviving on Blubster, at least the two I transferred to my arch enemy (and nemesis) Labourinvein did, both were successfully transferred and decoded OK

I know the general Blubster policy is MP3 only, but so was Napsters and look what happened there? There will always be a way around any technical stumbling block ot seems.

Snark.
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote