P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 04-12-07, 07:09 PM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
from the Time blog, an apt quote:

indeed !
(that first article in this thread is worth re-reading)

one interview I read with some ex-Bush admin insider was there will be no stopping an attack on Iran in April next year. ..

Our daily MSM news here is reporting Bush doesn't believe the latest intel on Iran.. and it is still a nuclear threat

what the fuck is this idiot talking to everyone like we are a bunch of kindergarten kids?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 11:11 PM   #2
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi View Post
what the fuck is this idiot talking to everyone like we are a bunch of kindergarten kids?
well sunday school kids but basically yes. since he's one himself perhaps he projects onto us.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 02:03 AM   #3
multi

you know the bit of some media conferce I am talking about?
he is talking really slowly like he is talking to people that don't understand english very well... bloody annoying

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 08-12-07, 08:11 AM   #4
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Contrary to what all you Bush haters think, this report doesn't say, nor does it use language that implies, that Bush is a liar. It simply explains that Iran's continuing nuclear research program lacks the intent to build a nuclear weapon. That's perfectly believable, given that Iran has almost no ability to refine its own oil and economic conditions have led them into the greatest energy crisis in their history. But the fact is that Iran is still pursuing the technological ability to build a nuclear weapon. They may claim, when they build their first nuke, that it was an accidental byproduct of their 'peaceful' nuclear program which it very well could be because the technology to build a nuclear power plant is pretty much the same as the technology to build a nuke. Despite what the media says about this report, and despite how Bush has responded in kind, Iran continues to refine uranium and it continues to prevent international inspectors from investigating their claims. This report should have come from the IAEA, instead it came from the National Intelligence Board because Iran prefers to keep its 'peaceful' nuclear program under wraps.

Now I'm not suggesting any action at this point, especially not an invasion of Iran, but you guys should probably read the report, read its careful vetting and cautionary language, before you assume that it's a vindication of your unquestioning hatred.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-07, 11:15 AM   #5
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
...before you assume that it's a vindication of your unquestioning hatred.
i question my extreme dislike of bush regularly and the facts vindicate it just as often. it's you bush lovers who clearly need the reality check.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-07, 08:39 PM   #6
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I'm no Bush lover, Jack, except by comparison to you.
Old 08-12-07, 10:03 PM   #7
multi

What The? say what?

Quote:
They may claim, when they build their first nuke, that it was an accidental byproduct of their 'peaceful' nuclear program which it very well could be because the technology to build a nuclear power plant is pretty much the same as the technology to build a nuke.
Accident?

I have always been under the impression the steps needed to create the components for a nuclear warhead are vastly more complex than those of nuclear power generation... I believe a lot of it is to do with the refinement process of the uranium ?

It's always going to be hard to decipher the truth amongst all the propaganda when it comes to facts on nuclear weapons, so the level of technology and science might not be as much as I would imagine ... but I sure I have heard repeatedly that it needs to be pretty high.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 09-12-07, 02:07 AM   #8
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

To make fissile material generate heat in a chain reaction is easy. Example: the first nuclear reactor was little more than a pile of uranium surrounded by a hand-stacked wall of graphite bricks. But making use of nuclear energy efficiently, safely, and controllably does take a high degree of sophistication. So I'm not saying that the bar for making nukes is low, I'm saying that Iran has set the bar high for themselves. It wouldn't be too far out of their way to build a nuke once they got a reactor online.