P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 30-09-04, 08:38 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default So, How About that Debate?

well, this thread will no doubt go down along the usual lines....but i think Kerry held his own pretty well. he seemed to have the Prez on the defensive pretty often - the best line of the night was the one about "outsourcing the hunt for Bin Laden to Afghanistan war lords".

i think Kerry'll pick up a bounce for this....Bush wanted to put hm away tonight, but it didn't happen

i mean, Kerry is still a douchebag, but at least he looked like a presidential douchebag
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 09:12 PM   #2
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

felt like puking catching the last 20 mins of the debate.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 10:56 PM   #3
JackSpratts

kerry did a fine job, making clean and forceful points and betraying no nervousness. bush stuck to his message, perhaps simplistically so, while allowing kerry to get under his skin a few times but in general appearing affably confident if not particularly presidential. we all know bush is no rhodes scholar but he didn't exactly embarrass the u.s. with his idiocy, he seemed at least to have a magazine reader's command of some issues. but clearly after all the latest polls and the swift boat lies kerry had the hardest job. just showing up and cruising may have been ok for bush at this point in his campaign but would have been disastrous for kerry. the senator needed to correct a few misperceptions of the waffling/shifty/wimpy variety and he did that and more. he was bush’s superior intellectually (no big news there) but he was also something else: he was bush’s dominator, quietly leaving the president with little room but to rehash the same weak anti-kerry republican slogans. the ones that have always been suspect, but seem doubly so coming out of the mouth of a commander-in-chief of the most powerful country in the history of the world while standing within arms’ reach of the man he’s been vilifying for months and frankly not measuring up. i just couldn’t help knowing this man lacks the strength to lead the planet. that after all the prep, all the staff meetings, all the eyes-only cia and fbi reports, all the white house inside information, after four years in the oval office and all the recent debate practice, i was asking "is that all you have within you mr. president?" while hearing what i hope to god was the sound of double digit leads evaporating away.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 11:57 PM   #4
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

To be honest, I felt that both candidates stuck to their own routines and came off fairly evenly matched. The only reason one would side with either man, would be because of one's support for that man. Kerry did what Kerry does. Bush did his usual Bush-logic, arguing that because he's been president for 4 years, it qualifies him for 4 more. I think at one point he, rather ironically, argued that the American people would vote for him because they wanted "someone who sticks to their guns".

I can't imagine it being any other way.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-04, 01:31 AM   #5
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

They are both liars!

To bad one of them will be elected.

That is all.
floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-04, 01:32 AM   #6
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Amen.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-04, 08:13 PM   #7
daddydirt
even the losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
.......the senator needed to correct a few misperceptions of the waffling/shifty/wimpy variety and he did that and more......

- js.
John Kerry correcting "a few misperceptions"
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-04, 08:58 PM   #8
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydirt
John Kerry correcting "a few misperceptions"
lol, good one dd. i used to collect those bush juxtapostions too. but there were too many for my harddrive.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-04, 02:12 PM   #9
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

after reviewing the debate footage, it's clear that Bush's discomfort was the direct result of a desperate need to urinate. notice how he bolted for the men's room immediately after.

amazingly enough, i was undergoing a similar experience at the exact same time. notice how i bolted for the men's room immediately after.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote