P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-05, 12:25 PM   #1
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default What was Mr. Bush thinking?

February 7, 2005

Jefferson Press Release

Quote:
“While we work to widen the Industrial Canal and provide hurricane protection for our coast, this budget cuts the New Orleans Army Corps of Engineers budget by over $53 million, providing zero funding for the Inner Harbor Lock Canal project and with a $26 million cut for Southeastern Louisiana hurricane protection and drainage projects. The total budget is cut to $289 million, down from $323 million for 2005.

“The federal budget is, at its core, an expression of our nation’s priorities. Once again, through this disappointing budget, this administration confirms that it is wholly out of touch with America’s values and the real needs of people in Louisiana and throughout the nation. Over the coming months, I will fight for a budget that reflects the needs of the people of New Orleans and Louisiana. A responsible budget is the first step towards building a future worthy of the trust of the American people, the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform, and the aspirations of all of America’s children.”

Congressman William J. Jefferson
SECOND DISTRICT, LOUISIANA

Probably that La. could wait for the next administration to provide the finances to build newer/better levee systems?

I'm sure it doesn't give Mr. Jefferson or the citizens of La. any satisfaction to say they tried to tell Him so.

..sorry, i'm not normally a politically vocal person but this particular issue hit a nerve after the hurricane.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote