P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 23-02-04, 05:09 PM   #1
Repo

Default A "WAR" President???

George W. Bush likes to call himself a "war" president. I know that because in his "Meet the Press" interview with Tim Russert he repeatedly referred to himself as a "war" president. Let us not forget he became a "war" president by choice not necessity, unless you consider the necessity of needing a war to be reelected. In Ron Suskind's book THE PRICE OF LOYALTY: George W. Bush, the White House and the Education of Paul O'Neill, the former Secretary of the Treasury claims that the Bush Administration talked of a war with Iraq just days of taking office and long before 9-11. Whether a war with Iraq was to help in his reelection, a personal feud for Saddam's attempts to have his daddy assassinated, for oil or all of the above, there is no escaping the fact that Bush is a "war" president by choice not by necessity. Recent facts that have come out tell of the CIA having no conclusion on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and the Bush Administration using only intelligence that helped their cause, including misleading the country in Bush's State of the Union address and linking Saddam without any proof to the 9-11 terrorists. So every time I hear Bush call himself a "war" president, I think of the soldiers dying in Iraq when they didn't have to even be there. There was no imminent threat and no matter how some people try and justify the war by saying the Iraqi people are better off, I can't help and think of the American people that because of the war are NOT better off. The soldiers dying and those injured that shouldn't have even been there in the first place; the families that mourn the American dead and tend to the wounded soldiers and the complete waste of money to nation build Iraq after destroying their infrastructure. Now there is even less money for American families, American education, American infrastructure all because Bush has put the country into a huge debt to fight a nonexistent imminent threat in Iraq and be able to call himself a "war" president. It is a little self-righteous to proclaim himself a "war" president especially when he had a chance as a young man to participate in a war and instead chose the National Guard. There is something suspect about a self-proclaimed "war" president that chooses the National Guard for himself during Vietnam, in a time when the Guard rarely was sent to fight wars and as a "war" president that sends the Guard to fight and die all so he can call himself a "war" president...

There is also the little matter of whether the "war" president even fulfilled his duty to the National Guard during the Vietnam War. The White House has come out with documents that show during the Vietnam War while soldiers fought and died the future "war" president George W. Bush fulfilled his duty. We know this because they released paperwork showing he had a dental exam. What a hero this "war" president is, he went to the dentist. We all know how scary a trip to the dentist is. George W. Bush surely has the mettle to be a "war" president after all during the Vietnam War he got his teeth cleaned. I bet his rival Senator Kerry never stared down a dentist during the Vietnam War....

Another interesting fact about the future "war" president is he didn't finish his flight training nor did he take his flight physical. His defenders say that he was training on an F-102, which was being phased out and that he skipped the physical because he was no longer flying, could be or maybe he had drugs in his system. It just so happens that the future "war" president was being trained to fly an obsolete aircraft. What a coincidence that the congressman's son is trained on an aircraft that was being phased out. Maybe that is why he was trained on the F-102, so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. It seems that all the privileged joined the National Guard and some of them were lucky enough to train on obsolete aircrafts...

There are a lot of things George W. Bush could have been. He could have been a fiscally responsible president but he isn't fiscally responsible. He could have been an education president but he hasn't funded education. He could have become a job president but more people have lost jobs under his watch then any president in modern history. He could have been a trustworthy president but his continued lies and deceit have proven him anything but trustworthy. He could have been a lot of things but unfortunately George W. Bush isn't very good at much. He became a "war" president because the only thing he was capable of doing was taking America to war...

George W. Bush proclaims himself a "war" president but he didn't come up with an exit plan for the American troops in Iraq; he may be a "war" president but he's not a very good one...
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-04, 06:37 PM   #2
span

Default Re: A "WAR" President???

Quote:
Originally posted by Repo
George W. Bush likes to call himself a "war" president. I know that because in his "Meet the Press" interview with Tim Russert he repeatedly referred to himself as a "war" president. Let us not forget he became a "war" president by choice not necessity
i'm sure terrorists killing 3000 of his countrymen had a slight impact on his "choice"

and it's "war time" president you dumbfuck.
span is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-04, 08:15 PM   #3
pod
Bumbling idiot

Well, we're still waiting for Congress to declare war on anyone. How can Bush be a 'wartime president' if there's no war?
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-04, 08:44 PM   #4
JackSpratts

i'm still laughing at the joke he told democrat (and fellow father of twins) bob kiss -

"I’ve been to war. I’ve raised twins. If I had a choice, I’d rather go to war."

been to war? now that's a joke!

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-04, 09:46 PM   #5
span

Quote:
Originally posted by pod
Well, we're still waiting for Congress to declare war on anyone. How can Bush be a 'wartime president' if there's no war?
War Powers Act. look into it
Old 23-02-04, 11:34 PM   #6
JackSpratts

Ad - "If Parents Acted Like Bush"

- js.
Old 24-02-04, 12:01 AM   #7
schmooky007
hi

technically the war in iraq is not a new war. it is merely a continuation of the gulf war.
schmooky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-04, 12:13 AM   #8
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Originally posted by schmooky007
technically the war in iraq is not a new war. it is merely a continuation of the gulf war.
going by that...wouldnt clinton be a "war" president also?
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-04, 12:21 AM   #9
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
President Bush, Wartime President and Commander in Chief has.......

1. Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom.

2. Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured.

3. Leader by leader and member by member, al Maida is being hunted down in dozens of countries around the world. Of the senior al Qaeda leaders, operational managers, and key facilitators the U.S. Government has been tracking, nearly two-thirds have been taken into custody or killed. The detentions or deaths of senior al Qaeda leaders, including Khalid Shaykh Muhammad, the mastermind of 9/11, and Muhammad Atef, Osama bin Laden's second-in-command until his death in late 2001, have been important in the War on Terror.

4. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed.

5. Continues to execute the War On Terror, getting worldwide cooperation to track funds/terrorists. Has cut off much of the terrorists' funding, and captured or killed many key leaders of the al Qaeda network.

6. Initiated a comprehensive review of our military, which was completed just prior to 9/11/01, and which accurately reported that ASYMMETRICAL WARFARE capabilities were critical in the 21st Century.

7. Killed the old US/Soviet Union ABM Treaty that was preventing the U.S. from deploying our ABM defenses.

8. Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever had in the U.S. presidency.

9. Part of the coalition for an Israeli/Palestinian "Roadmap to Peace," along with Great Britain, Russia and the EU.

10. Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year.

11. Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia.

12. Started withdrawing our troops from Bosnia, and has announced withdrawal of our troops from Germany and the Korean DMZ.

13. Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command.

14. Paid back UN dues only in return for reforms and reduction of U.S. share of the costs.

15. Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry.

16. Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006.

17. Ordered a comprehensive review of military weapons and strategy.

18. Ordered a review of overseas deployments.

19. Ordered renovation of military housing. The military has already upgraded about 10 percent of its inventory and expects to modernize 76,000 additional homes this year.

20. Is working to tighten restrictions on military-technology exports.

21. Brought back our EP-3 intel plane and crew from China without any bribes or bloodshed.

22. Told the Congress and the world, "America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our country."
scooobiedooobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-04, 12:28 AM   #10
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gutrguy
going by that...wouldnt clinton be a "war" president also?
lol, the only thing that would apply regarding clinton is...
Quote:
Old 24-02-04, 12:30 AM   #11
pod
Bumbling idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by schmooky007
The 1990 Gulf War was not declared by Congress either.

And I am familiar with the War Powers Act. It is a uniquely American provision.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-04, 12:31 AM   #12
JackSpratts

scoob, the only fire bush's been under is a crack pipe.

- js.
Old 24-02-04, 12:58 AM   #13
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
scoob, the only fire bush's been under is a crack pipe.
aw...it's just so cute when you try to be witty.

did you hear that one at your last bong party?
Old 24-02-04, 01:00 AM   #14
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Goofy bah you guys are full of carp..

look who spans calling a dumbfuck...take a look at yourself whinging loser..
cant you put very many intelligent words in together today..or something why dont you just start abusing people for nothing you poxy (whoo hoo! swear filter )?..you havent even the brain power to type anything decent..(unlike jc)
scoobie your a bore..stfu..fucking proverbial broken record /mouthpeice..

george bush you morons is a threat to all people in the world..he should be made history and quick..its going to take a long time to fix the damage he has done ,not the terrorists or the islamic fundamentalists but him and his dodgy lowbrow administaration....
hes a fucking liar everybody know this.. and you dweebs just keep spouting the diahorea he shits backout of your asshole mouths..
you conservative snobs are just up your self...cant see blind ..blinkered
its the same old thing left bad- left morons...blah blah...who the fuck are you trying to sell this shit to anyway?

god i hope this stooge loses ths election so we cal hear you fucks moan for the next 4 years..lol
if he wins oh well..nothing changes..

ah better not forget sinner ...you still sucking your own cock fool...?
you think we believe a fucking word you say...dumb canadian sticking up for american right wing...you suck why dont you take a look too...you pricks are annoying...ok...

but i swear you wont make me "hate " americans...but come fucking real close

VOTE 1 ! GEORGE NADER
ha ha ha ha ha haa ha haa ha ha

hes got a hope in hell but vote for him anyway...

people with integrity just dont get into politics...its just not made to work that way..

PS .good post repo...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-04, 01:21 AM   #15
scooobiedooobie

Default lol, full of "carp"?

Quote:
Originally posted by multi
you havent even the brain power to type anything decent
look who's talking.

have another drink.
Old 24-02-04, 01:59 AM   #16
multi

wow that didnt take you long sc00b..

your pathetic moanings on how bush is a good and just president...ffs
give us a break..

besides whats the point in saying much
you have an answer for everything...

come on what about a total slagfest on george nader...
his talk of winding down oil production....

oh right he is a stupid greenie..thinking of the planet the dumbfuck..ofcourse blah blah

i guess...why waste time he has no chance..

if the political swing thats happening here is any indication...bush's days maybe numbered..
people have plain had enough right ring for awhile..its obvious...the political pendulum is due to swing back the other way...get over it..
(disclaimer:i guss its possible the US will endure 2 terms of right wing facisim just like we have..and its possible our bunch of creeps could possibly work some sort of almost "hung parliment" like they did the last few elections.. )

(btw :i get drunk 1-2 times a year..and i am avoiding it totaly this year if i can..)

you forget i am the wacko pot smoking madman that lives in la-la land with the pixies....heading off to funny farm any moment

ok back to your AMERICAN politics..blah blah blah blah

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 24-02-04 at 02:18 AM.
Old 24-02-04, 02:20 AM   #17
daddydirt
even the losers

Quote:
Originally posted by multi

god i hope this stooge loses ths election so we cal hear you fucks moan for the next 4 years..lol

VOTE 1 ! GEORGE NADER
ha ha ha ha ha haa ha haa ha ha

hes got a hope in hell but vote for him anyway...

judging by the 2000 election, any vote for george? nader helps ur buddy gee dubya. nader says he's going to take more republican votes this time, but historically, when push comes to shove, republicans vote republican.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-04, 02:51 AM   #18
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Originally posted by scooobiedooobie
President Bush, Wartime President and Commander in Chief has.......

1. Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom.

Neither war can be considered successfull yet, just because we are in the process of "rebuilding" means nothing...we will find out how successfull we have been after all forign troops pull out of both afganastan and iraq.

2. Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured.

There was no legitimate reason to invade iraq in the first place. (and please dont mention those ever so elusive WMD that havent been found...)

3. Leader by leader and member by member, al Qaeda is being hunted down in dozens of countries around the world. Of the senior al Qaeda leaders, operational managers, and key facilitators the U.S. Government has been tracking, nearly two-thirds have been taken into custody or killed. The detentions or deaths of senior al Qaeda leaders, including Khalid Shaykh Muhammad, the mastermind of 9/11, and Muhammad Atef, Osama bin Laden's second-in-command until his death in late 2001, have been important in the War on Terror.

This is good, this is progress...mark one off in the win column

4. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed.

Libya decided to disarm on their own, funny how you are trying to give bush credit for that one.

5. Continues to execute the War On Terror, getting worldwide cooperation to track funds/terrorists. Has cut off much of the terrorists' funding, and captured or killed many key leaders of the al Qaeda network.

And how many countries have publicly stated that they want nothing to do with bush and his war....the majority of them

[b]
6. Initiated a comprehensive review of our military, which was completed just prior to 9/11/01, and which accurately reported that ASYMMETRICAL WARFARE capabilities were critical in the 21st Century.[/]b

i know nothing about that...so...no comment

7. Killed the old US/Soviet Union ABM Treaty that was preventing the U.S. from deploying our ABM defenses.

And you think that is a good thing??? Treaties are in place for a reason...to keep peace...breaking treaties only leads to war...take a look back in history and see how many wars have come about because of broken treaties.

8. Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever had in the U.S. presidency.

Fuck them, let them handle their own problems, we have held their hands for long enough.

9. Part of the coalition for an Israeli/Palestinian "Roadmap to Peace," along with Great Britain, Russia and the EU.

Not a bad idea...will be interesting to see how much more blood will be shed.

10. Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year.

Big numbers...what does that mean in per person terms?

11. Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia.

Good, this shit has got to start somewhere right. Another in the win column.

12. Started withdrawing our troops from Bosnia, and has announced withdrawal of our troops from Germany and the Korean DMZ.

Because they were needed for him to invade iraq...and its very likely that troops will go BACK to the DMZ....remember n korea is part of the axis of evil

13. Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command.

Dumb...just plain dumb. How is the UN supposed to be effective if every country that is a part of the UN doesnt do their part?

14. Paid back UN dues only in return for reforms and reduction of U.S. share of the costs.

sounds good to me...+1 in the win column

15. Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry.

Just what we need, more weapons....more shit to kill others...out with nukes, in with "next generation" weapons

16. Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006.

but cut money for education......makes you wonder huh

17. Ordered a comprehensive review of military weapons and strategy.

i guess we need to be more effecient killing machines

18. Ordered a review of overseas deployments.

no review needed, bring home the troops

19. Ordered renovation of military housing. The military has already upgraded about 10 percent of its inventory and expects to modernize 76,000 additional homes this year.

should have been done a long time ago +1

20. Is working to tighten restrictions on military-technology exports.

looks like we gonna be makin some uber secret stuff!

21. Brought back our EP-3 intel plane and crew from China without any bribes or bloodshed.

+1

22. Told the Congress and the world, "America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our country."

And the world was behind us until we invaded a country that made no threat to our countrys security.

+5 -17

good score!
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-04, 05:38 AM   #19
span

it's Ralph Nader you dumbfuck
Old 24-02-04, 07:34 AM   #20
multi

yeah him..
ralph ..right

yeh that was dumb cause i even remember him on some crusade in the 70's
to do with cars or something....

but i dont deal with his name as frequently as you do...
i am glad you know who i ment tho..

wow, a president called ralph..that would be novel

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard