P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 28-07-08, 05:01 PM   #1
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default Republicans Vote Against Lower Oil and Gas Prices

and for Illegal Immigration and More American Troop Deaths

On Friday Republicans blocked a bill in the Senate meant to give regulators more ability to reign in oil speculation . While there's some dispute how much if any of the price of oil is based on speculation, there's reason to think it could be a lot. And current law means that a lot of oil futures trading is done in such a way that we don't even know how much is being done, let alone if it's having any effect. At this point the current law is effectively "we don't even look to see if a crime could be occurring."

more here..

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-08, 08:06 AM   #2
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Oil "speculation" is not the culprit. The fact is if things keep going the way they're going right now, future oil supplies will not meet demand and we'll face shortages that will make us wish we could go back to $120 a barrel. Oil traders know this so they're stocking up. It's called investment. When you predict something will be valuable in the future you buy it now while it's cheap so you can sell it after demand has driven up the price. "Speculation" is really insurance, a guarantee that when oil production falls short, oil stockpiles will make up the difference in supply and demand.

The environmentalist dogma that domestic oil production must cease in order to preserve nature has moved the oil markets to buy oil instead of selling it. Why? Because we won't stop using oil just because we've stopped producing it, we'll import it instead, and when a good portion of those imports are produced by OPEC we will be futilely unable to adapt to their unpredictable production rates. Oil prices will remain artificially high in order to prevent shortages from bringing the United States to a grinding halt. In that situation, oil trading regulation would be murderous. Without the ability to buy up oil the "speculators" will have nothing to sell us when OPEC decides not to sell us what we need.

The only true solution is to make OPEC unable to hurt us, and we do that by increasing domestic oil production. We increase production by drilling in places we haven't explored yet, and for now there's a congressional moratorium on that sort of exploration. Were that moratorium lifted, domestic oil production would not increase for at least five years, but the market doesn't care about that. "Speculators" would immediately start selling their oil hoping to make a profit while the price is still high, predicting that future oil production would make their stockpiles dirt cheap. Prices would fall long before the new oil fields produced anything. Really, it's the Democrats who have voted against lowering oil prices. They could lift the moratorium and oil prices would decrease by half in a matter of days as oil companies announced their plans to explore new oil fields.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-08, 09:37 AM   #3
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

I disagree. The problem was caused by deregulation of the futures. We don't know how much impact there is simply because the deregulations made it where the futures can't be tracked and domestic futures can be traded overseas. Other deregulations which happened about the same time and which are also effecting us? Enron and sub-primes. Tighten up the regulations and close the loopholes and you'll be on better footing to attempt a recovery. The Republicans were the ones who drove the deregulations and so don't want it fixed due to the special interests pulling their strings.

Š

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-08, 11:31 PM   #4
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

You disagree. What else is new?
Old 30-07-08, 08:34 AM   #5
albed
flippin 'em off

Maybe he should leave the country and just pretend to be concerned about america's internal affairs from thousands of miles away where they have no effect on him.
Old 30-07-08, 10:28 AM   #6
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Funny how in one breath Republicans say America is the most important country in the world and 'the' world leader, and then in the next that America doesn't effect that world.

Not very bright of you is it? Shows you don't actually think, you just spout and reply.

Š

Old 30-07-08, 11:14 AM   #7
albed
flippin 'em off

So what effect does it have on you then you whiney fuck? Are your taxes going up if Obama wins? Or your national debt if the Iraq occupation continues? You don't have a cent in our politics, just the usual desire to anklebite and backstab your betters.
Old 30-07-08, 12:24 PM   #8
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

My betters? Don't you mean 'bitters'?

And the day you are in any way better than me is the day I jump off a cliff. You suffer from extreme myopia.

Š

Old 30-07-08, 05:24 PM   #9
Nicobie

Default just another dillweed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed View Post
just the usual desire to anklebite and backstab your betters.

Have U ever thought about what u're typing? or are you just the dillweed you appear to be? After reading U're posts for all these years I have come to the conclusion that you are a simple minded old unforgiving prick, with no friends and no family that cares about U.

Forgive me if I am wrong...

Old 31-07-08, 12:08 AM   #10
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

America being the powerhouse that it thinks it is effects nations all over the world. Economically and militarily to be sure. You would have to be blind not to see it.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 04:46 PM   #11
albed
flippin 'em off

Really? How many 'nations all over the world' did you "see" before deciding to take your trips with a bong? In particular Britain, which was all I referred to when I asked da-ego questions he didn't even try to give a bullshit response to.

And it's a sad day when your post makes even less sense than nics. Just when I thought the average intelligence of this bb couldn't possibly drop any further.
Old 02-08-08, 01:58 PM   #12
multi

Being a self-absorbed dipshit such as yourself you wouldn't even notice that none of your posts in this thread make any sense regarding the topic what so ever ..

In fact you seem to be getting more and more obsessed with Š every post you make ... obviously his recent posts in this sub forum seem to be getting your panties into a nasty little twist. You are also looking like scraping the bottom of the barrel with your usual repetitive barrage of insults, trying ...pitifully to put him and anyone else that would agree with him from speaking their mind. Isn't there a forum you can go to where there are people that actually want to read the drivel you post?

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 03-08-08, 09:11 AM   #13
albed
flippin 'em off

So my asking questions is to you, trying to keep people from "speaking their mind"? You're so fucking stupid it's pitiful. The one thing I do is point out how ignorant or stupid they are when they do it, and I'd rather they got some fundamental knowledge to correct their ignorance instead of hiding it. But your sort would rather get drunk or stoned and parrot the crackpot bullshit they find on the internet than do that.
Old 03-08-08, 10:57 AM   #14
multi

Roll eyes 2

Quote:
So my asking questions is to you, trying to keep people from "speaking their mind"?
No, you ignorant mofo ,your constant flaming & name calling is..
DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU ?

Quote:
But your sort would rather get drunk or stoned and parrot....
of course you would know, being a parrot is something you do so well..

The fact that some people enjoy being drunk , stoned or straight has really so little to do with intelligence ,stupidity or your kind of self-centered ignorance . You of course know better than everyone else.. and so obvious you are using this moronic repetition and ranting about this trivial bullshit over and over, only to keep dragging the topic away from the subject...

Have you really read all the posts on this forum for all these years ,taking note when someone vaguely mentions pot or booze in their lifestyle, just to use against them at some stage?
Pathetic..

Your assessment of peoples judgment and intelligence is totally invalid.

you fucking lose..
Attached Images

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 03-08-08, 11:15 AM   #15
multi

Here you go, I will help you out... unlike Mazer you just can't be bothered with any of the subjects.
Admit it, you are just a lame troll with about as much back-bone as a filleted herring

you can throw the 'oh, you're so stupid/ignorant/moronic/blah blah ' at me as much as you like, I maintain you have the mentality of a territorial chimp,
an old and disgruntled one, outcast by the alpha males.

anyway.... HERE IS AN argument against speculation driving up the gas price.

Quote:
In a previous article, I showed that the proposals to curb "excessive" speculation in oil futures markets were based on ignorance of how the market coordinates production and consumption over time. In the present article, I will explore the issue of opening up the Arctic National Wilderness Refuge (ANWR) to oil drilling. We'll see once again that even friends of the market often don't fully understand its power to fix problems.
LINK

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 04-08-08 at 01:25 AM. Reason: because albed is so stupid and needs things spelled out for him
Old 03-08-08, 11:52 AM   #16
albed
flippin 'em off

LMAO. You're actually so dumb you didn't understand the story was about future oil production driving present oil prices down. Exactly what Mazer said a few posts up.

I suppose this was your "contribution":
Quote:
oil short-sighted brilliant insightful peak oil anarcho-capitalist advocacy of corporate welfare time lag idiot light the world on fire sellout our childrens future keep your head up your ass drill in your brain for some intelligence make profit now but pay for it in hell enlightening
Old 03-08-08, 10:20 PM   #17
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

He posted a link, not an argument, albed. He provided a counterpoint to the article he started this thread with. It doesn't mean he's taking sides, but he is trying to participate, which is more than you can claim. Butt out, will you?
Old 04-08-08, 01:13 AM   #18
multi

Indeed Mazer... thanks

I was fully aware it was almost what was posted earlier , and interestingly enough I think it does make a lot of sense, the reason that I don't fully agree with it is that I wouldn't count out the speculation as one of the factors in contributing to much of the current petrol price rises , the laws that were passed are laws formulated by an extremely corrupt bunch of corporate scumbags, they didn't deregulate futures markets for nothing....

I think they should at some stage do a covert type of investigation on just what has been affected by these futures markets since they were changed, if they are unable to change this obviously corrupt configuration they could at least find the players that have been getting paid off by interests that really should never have been allowed to manipulate these markets in the first place.

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
Old 04-08-08, 04:15 AM   #19
albed
flippin 'em off

So multi has to edit his post to make himself look less stupid after I point out how stupid he is. I hate to waste space quoting what's right above my posts but with scumbags changing their posts after I reply to them that seems like the only way to keep the discussion somewhat honest.
Old 04-08-08, 04:24 AM   #20
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
He posted a link, not an argument, albed. He provided a counterpoint to the article he started this thread with. It doesn't mean he's taking sides, but he is trying to participate, which is more than you can claim. Butt out, will you?
He's not doing a fucking thing but posting other peoples views which I can find or even arrive at myself. He seldom has the guts to post what he thinks, which would no doubt be hilariously stupid
Quote:
Republicans Vote Against Lower Oil and Gas Prices
and for Illegal Immigration and More American Troop Deaths
or disgustingly dishonest.

The point I made was he didn't even understand what the article he was linking to was about. Not "speculation" but rational motivations and behaviour.