P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 18-05-05, 06:41 AM   #1
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Default You tell em Gorgeous George

He's not known as Gorgeous George for nothing.
Like him or not,he takes no shit off anybody.
Blair is scared stiff of him.

"He said that Coleman's panel based some of its accusations on the same fake documents used by The Daily Telegraph newspaper, which he sued for libel and won a $1.4 million libel judgment"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...C-RSSFeeds0312

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2005/s1371258.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4557717.stm

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...A-GALLOWAY.xml

I recommend a good google,he's quite a guy.
If Arnie gets to run for Pres,here's the guy to fight him.
Old 18-05-05, 08:13 AM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

glad you brought that up, Mal....i gotta like this guy, for no other reason than he sat in front of the Senate and essentially told them to f@#ck off.

Quote:
WASHINGTON - A prominent British politician linked to illegal payments in the Iraqi oil-for-food program told U.S. senators yesterday that their investigation was "the mother of all smokescreens" to divert attention from "the real scandal": U.S. policy in Iraq.
how is George regarded at home? he reads like some kind of renegade mp - is he respected over there or is he a flake?

edit: just read his testimony...it's too good not to share:

Quote:
"Senator, I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader. and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one - and neither has anyone on my behalf.

"Now I know that standards have slipped in the last few years in Washington, but for a lawyer you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice. I am here today but last week you already found me guilty. You traduced my name around the world without ever having asked me a single question, without ever having contacted me, without ever written to me or telephoned me, without any attempt to contact me whatsoever. And you call that justice.

"Now I want to deal with the pages that relate to me in this dossier and I want to point out areas where there are - let's be charitable and say errors. Then I want to put this in the context where I believe it ought to be. On the very first page of your document about me you assert that I have had 'many meetings' with Saddam Hussein. This is false.

"I have had two meetings with Saddam Hussein, once in 1994 and once in August of 2002. By no stretch of the English language can that be described as "many meetings" with Saddam Hussein.

"As a matter of fact, I have met Saddam Hussein exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld met him. The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and to give him maps the better to target those guns. I met him to try and bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war....

"You quote Mr Dahar Yassein Ramadan. Well, you have something on me, I've never met Mr Dahar Yassein Ramadan. Your sub-committee apparently has. But I do know that he's your prisoner, I believe he's in Abu Ghraib prison. I believe he is facing war crimes charges, punishable by death. In these circumstances, knowing what the world knows about how you treat prisoners in Abu Ghraib prison, in Bagram Airbase, in Guantanamo Bay, including I may say, British citizens being held in those places.

"I'm not sure how much credibility anyone would put on anything you manage to get from a prisoner in those circumstances. But you quote 13 words from Dahar Yassein Ramadan whom I have never met. If he said what he said, then he is wrong....

"Now, Senator, I gave my heart and soul to oppose the policy that you promoted. I gave my political life's blood to try to stop the mass killing of Iraqis by the sanctions on Iraq which killed one million Iraqis, most of them children, most of them died before they even knew that they were Iraqis, but they died for no other reason other than that they were Iraqis with the misfortune to born at that time. I gave my heart and soul to stop you committing the disaster that you did commit in invading Iraq. And I told the world that your case for the war was a pack of lies.

“I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims did not have weapons of mass destruction. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to al-Qaeda. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to the atrocity on 9/11 2001. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that the Iraqi people would resist a British and American invasion of their country and that the fall of Baghdad would not be the beginning of the end, but merely the end of the beginning.

"Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong and 100,000 people paid with their lives; 1600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies; 15,000 of them wounded, many of them disabled forever on a pack of lies.

if the world had listened to Kofi Annan, whose dismissal you demanded, if the world had listened to President Chirac who you want to paint as some kind of corrupt traitor, if the world had listened to me and the anti-war movement in Britain, we would not be in the disaster that we are in today. Senator, this is the mother of all smokescreens. You are trying to divert attention from the crimes that you supported, from the theft of billions of dollars of Iraq's wealth.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-05, 10:12 AM   #3
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

I found the video in the Metafilter section of the
Napfood news.Right down the bottom.

http://www.p2p-zone.com/~multi/#mf
Old 18-05-05, 01:59 PM   #4
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat

yeh spotted that there too

http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/42059

the mother of all smokescreens, indeed

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-05, 03:17 PM   #5
legion
I took both pills.

The world needs more people like him ...... he was hell funny and right too
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-05, 04:35 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

Roll eyes 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
i gotta like this guy,
Aww knife; have you no self esteem at all anymore?..taking sloppy seconds from Saddam himself.

You've no doubt seen the smut video with your new idol, his head wrapped in a tablecloth, hugging and praising Saddam, and receiving his gooey reward: Iraqi oil, which he laundered and used to fund his pro-Saddam political organization.

But still you find him appealing, maybe even more so with Saddam's manly mass murderer smell on him.

You need to have more respect for yourself. You can do better than this.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-05, 06:24 PM   #7
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Aww knife; have you no self esteem at all anymore?..taking sloppy seconds from Saddam himself.

You've no doubt seen the smut video with your new idol, his head wrapped in a tablecloth, hugging and praising Saddam, and receiving his gooey reward: Iraqi oil, which he laundered and used to fund his pro-Saddam political organization.

But still you find him appealing, maybe even more so with Saddam's manly mass murderer smell on him.

You need to have more respect for yourself. You can do better than this.
yet another chickenhawk without a leg to stand on. no doubt you think you do your part with a "support our troops" magnet on your car, but do you have the balls to go fight this war you think is so great?
Old 18-05-05, 06:34 PM   #8
albed
flippin 'em off

Now just where did I say the war was so great? Or even mention it in this thread?

But from all the squawking and squealing you've been doing about it you'd think Bush forced you into the front lines in Iraq and you were constantly terrified you could die any time.

But this doesn't address my post that you quoted at all; why you're falling in with Saddam's old bitch? Any sleazebag to help your cause no matter how disgusting huh?
Old 18-05-05, 06:55 PM   #9
theknife

Quote:
but do you have the balls to go fight this war you think is so great?
i guess not.
Old 18-05-05, 07:02 PM   #10
albed
flippin 'em off

You guess at everything don't you? No ability to learn and understand.

I got my honorable discharge after 6 years of service and a combat service ribbon as well. What do you have?

Not even the balls to address my posts.

Duck and blow smoke. Seems you're practicing the tactics your new hero accuses others of.
Old 18-05-05, 08:16 PM   #11
theknife

Quote:

i just watched it...Senator Coleman went trolling and got served.

Quote:

I got my honorable discharge after 6 years of service and a combat service ribbon as well. What do you have?

Duck and blow smoke. Seems you're practicing the tactics your new hero accuses others of.

yup, Galloway did look rather heroic, didn't he?
Old 19-05-05, 03:50 AM   #12
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:

Oh Alabed your an ex soldier,and a real live hero.
That explains so much.
Congrats on keeping your balls.
Could you post a picture.

Of your ribbon,not your balls.
Old 19-05-05, 04:23 AM   #13
theknife

Quote:
Oh Alabed your an ex soldier,and a real live hero.
That explains so much.
Congrats on keeping your balls.
Could you post a picture.

Of your ribbon,not your balls.
mal, i'm very curious how Galloway is regarded in the UK - i understand he is being investigated. is he as righteously innocent as he sounded in front of Congress or does he have some skeletons in his closet?
Old 19-05-05, 06:53 AM   #14
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
mal, i'm very curious how Galloway is regarded in the UK - i understand he is being investigated. is he as righteously innocent as he sounded in front of Congress or does he have some skeletons in his closet?
I hear the Charity is looking over their investigation in the light of this senate hearing.
He was thrown out of the Labour party for his anti war statements and his slaging off of Blair.Stood as an independent as a member of some fringe party "Respect".And won.This disturbs Blair because he stood on a pro muslin anti war platform.In most debates his recall of facts and delivery make him a formidable debater.On election night he wiped the floor with the BBC interviewer.Who had an agenda against him.
I watched when I came in from work late, four in the morning.
There was nothing in the press the following day I think he's always been a bit pain in the backside towards the press and media.
They used to hate him.
After this hearing the press have warmed to him.Anyone who hates America gets good press here.Except the right wing press,they don't know what to say.They hate blair as well.
All good fun I think.
He's very charismatic thence the nick name "Gorgeous George"
When I watched the video I thought of Oliver North.If you do the wrong thing but look good you can get away with it.
Whether or not he's done the wrong thing we'll see.
It will take some proofing,I suspect after his performance the yanks will leave him alone.Not many f..k with George and come out looking good.
Do a google and read up on his background,he's quite a hero to his fans.
He's Mr bad guy to lot of others because he won't bow down to anyone.
When he met Saddam years ago the press went nuts.
But far from "praising Saddam"
He's on record doing nothing but slag him off for years,right back to the early eighties.
He might well have "some skeletons in his closet"but our press haven't found them,and after the libel win I doubt they'll print without cast iron proof.
Old 19-05-05, 07:14 AM   #15
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Quote:
Galloway is regarded as 'old school'. He represents a dying breed in British politics from a time when political discourse was conducted between very opposite ends of the left-right spectrum. He's generally referred to in the British media as a 'firebrand politician'... which is a euphemism for being an angry bigmouth.

He was originally part of the far-left wing of the Labour party and he gradually became more and more isolated during the early Blair-ite years. His libel case with the Telegraph pretty much sealed his party political fate as he was forced/coerced/jumped out of the party. It kinda worked out well for him, giving him the high-profile legal/political platform he relishes - especially when it gives him the opportunity to bash the establishment... to be honest, I'm surprised the Senate dared to accuse him on such flimsy evidence, let alone give him a seat at the table. I think everyone in Britain, having heard he'd be appearing in the Senate, was wryly grinning and having a quiet little laugh to themselves. We all know what George is like and the sort of shit he enjoys to stir up... when I heard he's been offered a hearing, I actually laughed out loud. For some time, I actually entertained the idea that Blair's memo to Bush, reading: "for fuck's sake, don't let him past customs", had got stuck in the fax machine or something.

Actually, by Galloway's standards, he was pretty restrained and almost polite.

He worked his ass off on the anti-war movement and was one of the few politicians to effectively tackle, point-by-point, the reasons for war given by the Bush-Blair coalition.

As for how he's regarded, the right wingers understandably hate him, the anti-war movement types love him and - in my opinion - overlook his shortcomings. As for the far left... well, he is the far left! Or at least, he's the most vocal member. Personally, having met the man on a number of occasions and spoken to him about the Iraq war, I'm honestly undecided about him. I suspect he's got as many skeletons in his closet as any other politician with an ego, but I don't believe for a second that he was a Hussain asset. Chances are, the then Iraqi administration regarded him as a useful tool (considering he was campaigning for an end to sanctions), but I doubt he was anything more than a passing interest. If you wish to find out more about British politicians and a their genuine support for Hussain, read the related information around the Scott Report.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-05, 07:34 AM   #16
albed
flippin 'em off

Here you go knife, buy his book, everything he stands for in his own words.

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/b...p?story=520943

Sorry malva, I know how much uniforms turn your kind on but no pics for you.
Old 19-05-05, 07:56 AM   #17
theknife

thanks for the input, Mal & T-Man....

far-left or not, it was really refreshing to watch somebody sit in front of the US Senate and take no shit whatsoever. the C-Span video showed an articulate, brutally frank guy who refused to be steamrollered - whatever his politics, his performance was admirable.
Old 19-05-05, 08:17 AM   #18
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Here you go knife, buy his book, everything he stands for in his own words.

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/b...p?story=520943

Sorry malva, I know how much uniforms turn your kind on but no pics for you.
lol
Does it still fit?
Bet the hat doesn't.
Honestly mate, I would like to see a picture of your medal.
With you wearing it proudly.
So you should if it's won with courage
Despite what you might think,I don't hate the army or the men
who serve their country.I have nothing but admiration for you all.
I'm not against the war either.
My view on it all is,They've got the oil we want it,we need it,let's have it.
We meaning the west are bigger and stronger so we're having it.
We've been fighting Muslims for hundreds of years no change there.
Oh by the way did you watch the video or did you fall asleep again?
You really should get your rest.
Your getting terribly grouchy in you old age
Old 12-06-05, 01:08 PM   #19
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

And to think they would try and blame George.
Have you Yanks no shame.
Not only do you shoot your own troupes.
You love shooting yourself in the foot.
Dear oh dear more to be pitied than laughed at.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2...C-RSSFeeds0312