P2P-Zone  

Go Back   P2P-Zone > Political Asylum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Political Asylum Publicly Debate Politics, War, Media.

Old 11-05-05, 09:53 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default the Downing St. memos

the Downing St. memo just confirms what most of us already knew, even though some of us will never admit it:

Quote:
Memo: Bush manipulated Iraq intel

May 9, 2005
WASHINGTON - A highly classified British memo, leaked in the midst of Britain's just-concluded election campaign, indicates that President George W. Bush decided to overthrow Iraqi President Saddam Hussein by summer 2002 and was determined to ensure that U.S. intelligence data supported his policy.

so any way you look at it the case for invading Iiraq was rigged.

Quote:
The memo said, "the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy."
if the facts and intelligence were being fixed around policy, then the Prez took the country to war with false and/or misleading info - and he knew it. isn't that an impeachable offense?

Quote:
the newly disclosed memo, which was first reported by the Sunday Times of London, hasn't been disavowed by the British government. The British Embassy in Washington did not respond to requests for comment.

A former senior U.S. official called it "an absolutely accurate description of what transpired" during the senior British intelligence officer's visit to Washington. He spoke on condition of anonymity

A White House official said the administration wouldn't comment on leaked British docments.
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...tics-headlines
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 04:09 AM   #2
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Attached Images

floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 05:39 AM   #3
albed
flippin 'em off

snore

Y A W N....

Saddam refused to comply with UN mandates or his surrender terms from 1991.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 06:45 AM   #4
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
this is what the President was selling:

~ Aluminum artillery tubes misdiagnosed as nuclear related;
~ Forgeries alleging Iraqi attempts to obtain uranium in Africa;
~ Tall tales from a drunken defector about mobile biological weapons laboratories;
~ Bogus warnings that Iraqi forces could fire WMD-tipped missiles within 45 minutes of an order to do so;
~ Dodgy dossiers fabricated in London; and
~ A U.S. National Intelligence Estimate thrown in for good measure.

all of it bogus and he knew it. not as juicy as a blow job in the oval office but twice as illegal and 10 times more immoral.

run along now -- the flock is calling you.
Old 13-05-05, 06:15 AM   #5
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Y A W N....

You really must try to get more sleep Albed.
I think it's beginning to effect your judgement.
You seem to be getting more and more confused.
Breaking UN mandates is not a reason for war.
If that was the case we would have invaded Israel years ago.
Now be a good boy,stop making a noise and go to sleep now.

Old 13-05-05, 01:54 PM   #6
albed
flippin 'em off

I guess following me around and trolling is better than spreading terrorist propaganda.

You must really miss masturbating though.

Try learning instead. Start with the Korean War.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-05, 04:35 PM   #7
theknife

http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/
Attached Images

Old 14-05-05, 03:08 AM   #8
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
I guess following me around and trolling is better than spreading terrorist propaganda.

You must really miss masturbating though.

Try learning instead. Start with the Korean War.
Come on now,you don't think I'm following you,do you?
Don't be frightend now,nasty man won't hurt you.

"miss masturbating"
Where is she?
Is she a troller too?

"Start with the Korean War"
I'll have a read up,I was too young at that time.
Did you win that one all on your own?
Old 12-05-05, 08:18 PM   #9
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
if the facts and intelligence were being fixed around policy, then the Prez took the country to war with false and/or misleading info - and he knew it. isn't that an impeachable offense?
Presidents get impeached for breaking the law. If he had perjured himself before a grand jury that would be one thing, but where does the law state that it's illegal to manipulate public opinion?

You make it sound like lying politicians are a new trend that needs to be stopped before it beocmes too prevalent. You make it sound like perjury in federal court, leaking classified documents, and trashing people's reputations is somehow morally superior to making war on false pretenses. Beleive me, if Bush was using policy to guide his military decisions he learned that trick from Clinton whose actions in Somalia, the Balkans, Sudan, and Iraq sacrificed thousands of people for the sake of boosting his public approval rating.

The president shouldn't have to lie to people to get them to do the right thing. The legitimate reasons for the war in Iraq are far better than the ones these memos allude to.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-05, 05:12 AM   #10
theknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Presidents get impeached for breaking the law. If he had perjured himself before a grand jury that would be one thing, but where does the law state that it's illegal to manipulate public opinion?

You make it sound like lying politicians are a new trend that needs to be stopped before it beocmes too prevalent. You make it sound like perjury in federal court, leaking classified documents, and trashing people's reputations is somehow morally superior to making war on false pretenses. Beleive me, if Bush was using policy to guide his military decisions he learned that trick from Clinton whose actions in Somalia, the Balkans, Sudan, and Iraq sacrificed thousands of people for the sake of boosting his public approval rating.

The president shouldn't have to lie to people to get them to do the right thing. The legitimate reasons for the war in Iraq are far better than the ones these memos allude to.
in this particular context, comparisons to Clinton are irrelevant. but if the president lied to take the country to war, then he is as impeachable as clinton was:

-Providing misinformation to the United Nations Security Council, Congress, and the American people overstating the offensive capabilities of Iraq, including weapons of mass destruction, as justification for military action against Iraq.
-Repeatedly manipulating the sentiments of the American people by erroneously linking Iraq with the terrorist attacks of September 11th by Al-Qaeda.
-Repeatedly claiming that satellite photos of sites in Iraq depicted factories for weapons of mass destruction in contradiction with the results of ground inspections by United Nations teams.
-Providing the International Atomic Energy Commission with forged documents describing the sale of uranium to Iraq by Niger, and referring to that sale in the State of the Union Address after being told by the CIA that the documents were forged.